The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Half time break Kath crosses to Jon Ralph. Talk about going from chocolates to boiled lollies…

'Here's somebody nobody asked to hear from who has inexplicability inserted himself in the broadcast to tell you about the stuff you've just been watching for the past 60 minutes (oh and more made up bull**** about trades.'

Nah, away win with the second youngest team

10+ Goal Win

= Big win

We got beaten by North a few weeks ago.
That put's your win in perspective.

Anyone beating us is not going to be claiming a big win.

It's not that Joey and King hate you, it's just not really news beating up on WC.

Having said that, I think you will play finals.

Such a shame that we only get to hear Kath L during Perth telecasts now, she presents really well and makes an excellent host just like she did on the Thursday edition of AFL 360 last year.

what makes her great in her current role is that she only pipes up when absolutely necessary, usually to give a succint injury or sub update.

what makes her great in her current role is that she only pipes up when absolutely necessary, usually to give a succint injury or sub update.

A commentator that only says something when there's something important or valuable to be said and when it'll actually add to the coverage.

I hope she shares notes the rest of them at Fox and if she has time hopefully she can wander over to 7 for a group chat with Taylor, Watson and Selwood.

I've said it before but god I hope they use 2025 to relaunch the channel like they did back in 2012.

5pm to 7pm should be Fox Footy Live, Monday to Friday. Give me an ESPN style podcast/panel show that just talks footy. Like the midweek tackle, just throw in some journos and some footy analysists (and mix it up, not just the same three people every week).

AFL 360 should only be Monday+Wednesday, but extend it 7 to 8.30pm or 9pm. Remove all the regular coaches and players. They add nothing. Monday should be all about the stories of the weekend just gone. Who's going to tribunal, was that a free kick, what are the implications of Collingwood losing at home etc. Wednesday should be about the week ahead. Get Kingy/Montagna to do their first crack analysis for a solid 30mins and go into detail.

Move on the couch to Tuesday, against 7pm to 9pm. 9 games x 7-10minutes is ~75min worth of content. Every game from the weekend before gets a solid review. Tuesday gives them more time. Good, bad and ugly every game. Then go back to the old school long-form interview. Get in a player or coach and grill them. This is where On the couch really needs a journo like Mike Sheehan. If Kane Cornes is coming over, get him on the show.

Thursday-Sunday should be wall to wall live footy, but they need to re-jig the fixture to give us what we want.
Thursday: 7.30pm
Friday: 7.30pm
Saturday: 12.00/2.30/5.00/7.30pm
Sunday: 12.00/2.30/5.00pm
On Saturday/Sunday, we've removed most of the overlap between games, so use 503 to give us a proper 30min pre and post game show for each game. 504 is just wall to wall footy for those that want it.
If there's a PH (example Easter Monday, or ANZAC day), the Saturday 12pm game moves to 2.30pm on the PH, and the Sunday 12pm game move to 7.30pm on the PH eve.

I'd love a footy show/live and kicking type show on a Wednesday night after AFL360 in front of a live studio. Unlikely but one can dream.

Move Bounce to Sunday at 10am up against the sunday footy show. It's a kids show and more suited to that time.

First crack should follow the 5pm game directly (after its 30min post-game show), rather than have to wait for bounce.

And most importantly, QLD/WA should have dedicated commentators for all games in state to cover the game from the ground. Fox should have some commentators in NSW/SA, but also fly commentators to the ground from VIC if needed. No more in studio business.

I've said it before but god I hope they use 2025 to relaunch the channel like they did back in 2012.

5pm to 7pm should be Fox Footy Live, Monday to Friday. Give me an ESPN style podcast/panel show that just talks footy. Like the midweek tackle, just throw in some journos and some footy analysists (and mix it up, not just the same three people every week).

AFL 360 should only be Monday+Wednesday, but extend it 7 to 8.30pm or 9pm. Remove all the regular coaches and players. They add nothing. Monday should be all about the stories of the weekend just gone. Who's going to tribunal, was that a free kick, what are the implications of Collingwood losing at home etc. Wednesday should be about the week ahead. Get Kingy/Montagna to do their first crack analysis for a solid 30mins and go into detail.

Move on the couch to Tuesday, against 7pm to 9pm. 9 games x 7-10minutes is ~75min worth of content. Every game from the weekend before gets a solid review. Tuesday gives them more time. Good, bad and ugly every game. Then go back to the old school long-form interview. Get in a player or coach and grill them. This is where On the couch really needs a journo like Mike Sheehan. If Kane Cornes is coming over, get him on the show.

Thursday-Sunday should be wall to wall live footy, but they need to re-jig the fixture to give us what we want.
On Saturday/Sunday, we've removed most of the overlap between games, so use 503 to give us a proper 30min pre and post game show for each game. 504 is just wall to wall footy for those that want it.
If there's a PH (example Easter Monday, or ANZAC day), the Saturday 12pm game moves to 2.30pm on the PH, and the Sunday 12pm game move to 7.30pm on the PH eve.

I'd love a footy show/live and kicking type show on a Wednesday night after AFL360 in front of a live studio. Unlikely but one can dream.

Move Bounce to Sunday at 10am up against the sunday footy show. It's a kids show and more suited to that time.

First crack should follow the 5pm game directly (after its 30min post-game show), rather than have to wait for bounce.

And most importantly, QLD/WA should have dedicated commentators for all games in state to cover the game from the ground. Fox should have some commentators in NSW/SA, but also fly commentators to the ground from VIC if needed. No more in studio business.
Need a modern day Winners show have Dwayne Russell do it for 90 minutes
Plus bring back the old winners with old games from back in the day maybe Dermott to host it
Monday night Under 18 games from Marvel or an Under 18 Tv show.
Highlight shows from WAFL,SANFL and VFL .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monday night Under 18 games from Marvel or an Under 18 Tv show.
Highlight shows from WAFL,SANFL and VFL .

AFL should be doing all it can to get the under 18s and national reserve (whenever it happens) on TV so that campaigners know about and actually want to watch it.

an U18's carnival weekend would make perfect bye weekend content so we dont have to suffer through the current drawn out process.

There is no one with an ounce of initiative or spark @ afl house.

have you thought of slipping your resume under the door @ fox footy?

AFL should be doing all it can to get the under 18s and national reserve (whenever it happens) on TV so that campaigners know about and actually want to watch it.

an U18's carnival weekend would make perfect bye weekend content so we dont have to suffer through the current drawn out process.

There is no one with an ounce of initiative or spark @ afl house.
Well if the AFL wants a AFL 2nds Competition I don’t expect Channel 7 or Fox Footy to bid for it as this would be a way for Stan,Netflix or Prime to get there foot in the door to stream it.

Something I'd like to see happen on the FoxFooty channel immediately is no more cross-promotion or advertising of MMA and Boxing at any time.

Promoting other sports during breaks ONLY I can live with.

It's supposed to be an AFL-dedicated channel so there is the expectation of a wide range of ages watching.

Peeves me off watching a game of footy (or watching a footy-related program) then having kids, especially, being exposed to people belting the crap out of each other, especially during the breaks.

How has Ben Dixon lasted this long?

No need to. They already know it, just refuse to do it

Exactly. We all know they will do the bare minimum. Media companies are not spending money, they're losing it at a rate of knots, so they'll do the least possible.

The most we'll get are a few more of those five minute 'preview' shows which are just five minute gambling ads. That's about it.

Staggering to think Fox Footy was 100 times more innovative and experimental (and interesting) 22 years ago when they first got the rights.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back