The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just fawning over Clarko.
Embarrassing.
Im not sure if he deliberately does this or if its just a case of padding own career a bit but he spends an inordinate amount of time talking about "his time at hawthorn, his experiences" etc. I must admit I had to go back and look up his career bc I thought maybe I'd forgotten something about how good he seems to imply his career was.
1. It was during the worst period in Hawthorn's history since 1961.
2. He averaged just over 1 goal per game.
3. He probably plays 100 games less in a decent Hawks era.

Word from Nathan Brown on Friday is that both Fox & Ch 7 are after Kane Cornes, although by the sounds of it Fox is definitely after him whereas Ch 7 are possibly after him:

Thoughts?

Word from Nathan Brown on Friday is that both Fox & Ch 7 are after Kane Cornes, although by the sounds of it Fox is definitely after him whereas Ch 7 are possibly after him:

Thoughts?

He speaks his mind, isn't afraid to put ppl off side, some of what he says sounds like hyperbole but thats often bc we don't hear many commentators be overly critical of their fellow players. He's definitely well researched.

He speaks his mind, isn't afraid to put ppl off side, some of what he says sounds like hyperbole but thats often bc we don't hear many commentators be overly critical of their fellow players. He's definitely well researched.

Very true.

Stands out from the great majority of AFL sycophants who grace our TV screens and radio waves.

Man it seems like Chris Scott & Tom Hawkins are on AFL 360 alot.
-and that's not even including the posters up backstage.

Has Kelli Underwood been sidelined from main commentary? I don't recall her calling many games recently?

I think moving forward she'll be a presenter and boundary rider for them and she's more than adequate at both of those gigs. I can see Fox giving Jessica Webster who calls AFLW and U18 State Championship games for Fox a more prominent role calling games next year when they use their own commentary for every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts?

Kane has a wonderful rapport with everybody on 9 bar Sam McClure it seems so it would take something enticing to give that up. He's really well suited to the 2 shows he does on 9. Him and Llordo are an excellent combination.

Gary Lyon mentioned on SEN breakfast that fox will be having a massive relaunch and shake up next year when they can commentate all games with their own people. Fingers crossed they make smart decisions with who they chose to utilise but their track record recently is pretty poor.

Feel like Kane Cornes is going to be the big fish they try and build it all around.

Gary Lyon mentioned on SEN breakfast that fox will be having a massive relaunch and shake up next year when they can commentate all games with their own people. Fingers crossed they make smart decisions with who they chose to utilise but their track record recently is pretty poor.

Feel like Kane Cornes is going to be the big fish they try and build it all around.
Kane will be at Fox next year

They will also have a Sunday morning show as well

The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back