The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing that I love about FM is it's so passive. You can literally play it while doing anything, it's a slow burn. You can stop and start at any point. It's not like FIFA where you're playing and have to be focused, controller in hand etc.

FM you can do anything and sort of play it in the background.

The thing that I love about FM is it's so passive. You can literally play it while doing anything, it's a slow burn. You can stop and start at any point. It's not like FIFA where you're playing and have to be focused, controller in hand etc.

FM you can do anything and sort of play it in the background.
Yeah I would regularly play FM and watch TV at the same time.

It's more now the data and thinking is the last thing I want to do to unwind

Got Fifa 22 free with PS Plus in recent months.

Finally decided to fire up a career mode. Went with Fulham as well, mostly because I wanted to use a club who's stadium was in the game and I love Craven Cottage.

Cleared out some deadwood, revamped the midfield. Van Ginkel, Rogic, Dewsbury Hall all in. Raided Rangers a little bit as well.

Started with 3 wins and a draw in the League, smashed Fleetwood in the Cup.

Must say, it plays very well. Enjoyed that immensely last night. Just little things like Mitrovic actually being strong on the ball. Makes a big difference.

Having said that, still find shooting a bit shit. Anything finesse just ends up going too slowly or straight at the keeper. Basically just having to shoot with a normal power shot - just finding I score a lot of the same goals. Did have a headed goal which was nice but they just seem so hard to actually score with consistently.

Did have a funny own goal against Hull. Crossed it in and the keeper and Hull defender collided. Didn't actually mind it, every now and then you see some confusion/indecision in the box and it creates chances like that.

Finally decided to fire up a career mode. Went with Fulham as well, mostly because I wanted to use a club who's stadium was in the game and I love Craven Cottage.

Cleared out some deadwood, revamped the midfield. Van Ginkel, Rogic, Dewsbury Hall all in. Raided Rangers a little bit as well.

Must say, it plays very well. Enjoyed that immensely last night. Just little things like Mitrovic actually being strong on the ball. Makes a big difference.
Go get Alex Scott like my FM save. :)

FIFA 22? Wow lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 games in, sitting in second on 20 points.

Also just beat Spurs 1-0 at their home ground to advance into the fourth round of the League Cup.

Think I'll walk the league, I've basically got two complete squads that I can changeover any time I have a midweek fixture.

did my yearly duty and have purchased fm 24. i play it less and less each year but i still get a kick out of it and it's still one of the best value games out there imo. i like to just leave it on in the background and mess about with it

did my yearly duty and have purchased fm 24. i play it less and less each year but i still get a kick out of it and it's still one of the best value games out there imo. i like to just leave it on in the background and mess about with it
I reckon there's still a chance I'll get fm24

Fired up one last 23 save with everton. Dewbury-Hall, Danso and Omar Campos the only signings I made that join in the first window. Talles Magno and Ronnie Edwadds left on loan at their clubs.

I enjoyed this Jod. Well done. I'll catch up on the others over the weekend hopefully.
Oh cheers mate, I appreciate the feedback. I'm glad you liked it. Yeah I have three videos up on my Fulham series so far. Working on a different video at the moment then probably back to Episode 4.

If you watch the other, let me know what you think. Always keen for feedback so I can improve and get better.

I did say it was free haha. They won't see a cent from me anymore.
I am enjoying FC24. Just signed KK from Napoli, man he is great to play with.
Definitely done, laptop isn't powerful enough and don't have the time. I will always look back on this series fondly. Provided endless hours of enjoyment over the years.

Going City?

I am enjoying FC24. Just signed KK from Napoli, man he is great to play with.

Definitely done, laptop isn't powerful enough and don't have the time. I will always look back on this series fondly. Provided endless hours of enjoyment over the years.

Going City?
I always do a season or so with city to get used to changes but my first actual save might be union berlin

With FM I find it isn't as time consuming once you have a side setup how you want. Also FM24 allows you to transfer your FM23 saves which is cool.

I have a game going in Australia, where it has promotion/relegation down to the 10th tier of Australian soccer. I am in 2045, took 10 years to get Sunbury United to the A-League, now won 5 GF's and an Asian Champions League.

World Club cup didn't go so well for me, destroyed by Monaco 5-3 (5-0 down after 30 mins) and 3-0 to Independente. Though with a salary cap of 50k aussie, slightly difficult to compete!

So now I have the side setup, its a bit different to older saved games I have had in Europe as I have a salary cap and guys you simply can't hang onto if they get too good, as the a-league will never be big enough for them. So constantly have to try and turn a profit on getting young talent in (both Australian and foreign) then keep repeating the process.

Remove this Banner Ad

The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back