The forgotten man.... Where is he?

Remove this Banner Ad

The_Air_Up_There

All Australian
Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The forgotten man.... Gilham! Where is he?

Im just wondering when we're due to have Stephen Gilham back into the side. I've noticed he's played a couple of games down at Box Hill, however no one has mentioned him coming back into the seniors side over the past couple of weeks.

Does anyone have any insight of when we're expecting him to come back and who do you think is going to make way for him?

Cheers.

Watched him yesterday.. he was great, took marks down back, spotted players 50 meters away and rammed the ball down their throat..

He will be a great inclusion!

This was his 2nd game back, I would expect he would player another couple at Box Hill before coming back in to the seniors.

Watched the game Box Hill vs Collingwood in the VFL.

He was awesome. Way too good for VFL.

The question is, who do you drop? Shoe and Strats are 1 more bad game away from being dropped IMO.

The question is, who do you drop? Shoe and Strats are 1 more bad game away from being dropped IMO.

Gilham back doesn't mean we drop anyone. However it does mean we can free someone up as a rebounding defender ie Gibson. Very important to get him back ASAP

Shoe and Strats are also 1 more good game from being automatic inclusions. The whole unit is jelling together quite well and the worst thing you could do is remove a cog.

Sadly Cheney , fact is we can't fit every one in the side .....:(
Doing so releases Stratt's AND Gibbo ....

Gilham back doesn't mean we drop anyone. However it does mean we can free someone up as a rebounding defender ie Gibson. Very important to get him back ASAP

I want Shoey rebounding off the half-back line with that lethal kick.

I watched the 2nd half and thought Gilly was clearly playing at a level above the opposition.
He always looked composed and his diposal was first rate.
I hope he is ready beacuse he could be the missing link for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slightly off topic......

While we are on defenders to return, where does our captain play when he comes back?
Mid for mine. He is a terrible shot at goal so as long as he stays away from the forward line I am happy.

On topic. Cheney is the one to go for me. Iron Fists, Shoey or Strats to be loose man depending on match ups (preferably this first). Gilham is such a solid player for us and we have really missed him in one sense. In another it gave Shoey a great chance and Hawks are better for the time he has spent in the side and he has now semi cemented his place.

Great to hear Gilham is excelling at BH and will be good to have him back - no way I'd drop Shoey or Stratts though. As other have mentioned, Cheny would probably be the one to make way and he hasn;t been too bad really

Remove this Banner Ad

The forgotten man.... Where is he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back