Preview Round 21, 2024: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, Sun 4 August, 1.10pm AEST @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something wrong when peeps are forgetting how much better we are with a fit Chad.
People have short memories. Like claiming Chol and Dear have overtaken Lewis, or Ward isn't AFL standard and won't make it. They forget good past form and can't see beyond current form.

Have you seen him at Box Hill when fit this year? He’s no where near it to be honest and I’ve been a big Chad supporter over the years.
He kicked 4 goals in his last full VFL game. How is that no where near it?

People have short memories. Like claiming Chol and Dear have overtaken Lewis, or Ward isn't AFL standard and won't make it. They forget good past form and can't see beyond current form.

You're not wrong - but in fairness it's a results based industry so current form has to mean something. This isn't like Cyril being in his absolute prime coming off his hamstring and getting put in our grand final side off the back of one half of VFL footy because he was a bedrock of our forward line. I say this as someone who has never had Chad as a whipping boy and have often defended him against bullshit criticism - but he hasn't played senior footy in pretty much 12 months now, isn't banging down the door in the VFL like Morrison/Maginness/Ward have been and hasn't got the same chemistry with the current squad who are firing on all cylinders. If we have injuries and Chad is ready to go then absolutely call him up - but as good as he has been there is no way known he should be coming into the side for the likes of Morrison, Ward, McKenzie or Maginness just because he used to have credits in the bank.

Earlier this season when we got smacked by the Suns.
That was the second leg of 2 interstate games.
tbf he did say "other than the gather round" the suns game was after playing collingwood in the gather round.

tbf he did say "other than the gather round" the suns game was after playing collingwood in the gather round.

The points were still wrong despite using this caveat however.

Who are we leaving out for Chad?
  • Wiz?
  • Moore?
  • McDonald?
  • Ginni?
  • Breust?

All have been match winners in the last 10 weeks.

Would be a nice problem to have if Chad gets fully fit and bangs down the door with multiple game winning performances in a row. Until then there’s no way I’m taking a punt.

I think Chad would enjoy Sam's gameplan and attacking style. He was stymied by Clarko's robotic latter years. How he would fit in with the rascal pack is another question but I reckon he'd relish the openness of Hawthorn 2024.

Who are we leaving out for Chad?
  • Wiz?
  • Moore?
  • McDonald?
  • Ginni?
  • Breust?

All have been match winners in the last 10 weeks.

Would be a nice problem to have if Chad gets fully fit and bangs down the door with multiple game winning performances in a row. Until then there’s no way I’m taking a punt.
Unless there are injuries, I don't think he gets in at all.
Good problem to have

I'm saying he could be an electric sub come finals time.
A younger fit Wingard in 2020 form - yes.

We don’t have that now.

“Wingard to follow” suggests you think it’s inevitable.

I don’t see any reason why we’d have to call upon the 2024 version of Chad.

I suppose it's between Cam and Harry for Finn (who was a bit stiff to be omitted). Can't see Gunners making the trip.
Good selection problem to have, competition for spots in the team are tight right now, although that can change quickly with a loss or injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How he would fit in with the rascal pack is another question but I reckon he'd relish the openness of Hawthorn 2024.

This would be interesting. I am sure off-field there are no issues but on-field Chad can be quite emotive and will remonstrate with players if things aren't going his way. I wonder if that would clash with the younger blokes.

Yes, I agree posters seemed to forget how good ML was when they had shiny new toys to play with. I disagree it's the case with Chad. It's his age and injuries. 31 is the average age AFL footballers retire. Chad is 31. Even more concerning are his recurrent injuries. Increasing injuries along with loss of pace and agility are what often brings an AFL career to an end. This sadly is where Chad appears to be now.

Bad news everyone, you would never think this is match of the round
How to watch on Fox Footy: From 1pm on Channel 504 with Anthony Hudson, Kelli Underwood, Nick Dal Santo, Alastair Lynch & David Zita

He kicked 4 goals in his last full VFL game. How is that no where near it?

So? Corey Ellison kicked 6 in the VFL last week against Box Hill. Max Gruzewski, Alex Sexton, and Hudson Garoni also kicked 5 goals just last week in the VFL.

Some notes from todays training.
Sam training with the boys this morning.

IMG_3094.JPG

Newmo taking the lead in the Sams presser.
IMG_3075.JPG

Hardwick in the tent of doom, possible niggle hopefully 100% on Sunday.
1722571345081.png

The Hawks tiktok crew working hard. 1722571297229.png

Possibly Gunners playing against the Giants based on todays match sim (take that with a grain of salt).
Butler and Bennets walking around the oval.
Reeves still away from the main group.

And some thumbs up pic from our MVP from the last game (Croc) against the Crows and newly signed Nashy.

IMG_3125.JPG

1722571436681.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back