Doggies05'

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
When i say the forgotten players i mean the players that were very big threats and great playersin there time and have just been forgotten about.

Simon Minton Connel was extremly dangerous at full forward and full backs had a hard time on him.

James Cook was the same extremyl dangerous and not remmebred.

PLAYERS TODAY

Dustin Fletcher, used to be the best FB in the comp and is now just forgotten

ANYONE ELSE U GUYS CAN THINK OF?

Doggies05' said:
When i say the forgotten players i mean the players that were very big threats and great playersin there time and have just been forgotten about.

Simon Minton Connel was extremly dangerous at full forward and full backs had a hard time on him.

PLAYERS TODAY

The most obvious are two players right under your nose. Scott West and Chris Grant. Both have been brilliant players, but largely ignored and not talked about, in particular West. Could be because of the club they play for or could be because of their respective personalities ie: not self promoting.

Doggies05' said:

PLAYERS TODAY

The word "great" is a much abused term. Truly great players are never forgotten and usually spoken of in reverential tones.

Great players are players like Matthews, Carey, Hird, Voss, Buckley etc.

The types of players you mention are just examples of average to good footballers, of which, on any given weekend during the season, there are a 100 or so of them running about.

I haven't "forgotten" Fletcher, I still rate him in the top 5 full backs in the competition. I don't see him as a "great" but he's still one of the better full backs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane Woewodin

I think he won a Brownlow and got paid something like $700K/season. Then he threw a tantrum over having his salary figure published in the media, changed teams, and didn't do very much after that.

He seems to have disappeared. Is he even an AFL footballer today?

LoneStar said:
Shane Woewodin

I think he won a Brownlow and got paid something like $700K/season. Then he threw a tantrum over having his salary figure published in the media, changed teams, and didn't do very much after that.

He seems to have disappeared. Is he even an AFL footballer today?
Yes, where all dumped rejects end up - Collingwood.

Demonheart said:
*Turns on sarcasm*

Ahh, Simon Eishold, who could forget his wonderful kicking for goal in finals

*Turns off sarcasm*
"BAM!"

well for me it used to be both Brett Lovett and Glenn Lovett...

Nowadays i would say Brendon Lade - you have all these stars in PA but he is a real deal..

Nathan Brown (Melb)

Ben Wilson

Luke Godden

Steven Patterson

Judd Lalich

Paul Symonnds

Danny Dickfos

Stefan Carey

Simon Tregenza

Matt Liptack

Brent Williams

Andrew Pugsley