Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No I didn't mean skill in the same areas, I meant as a whole.
Both guys are green and very inexperienced yet they have strengths in different parts of their game.
I was meaning if they were rounded out then the 2 are pretty much level fight wise.
Wilder has AJ covered for strength and tank yet I reckon AJ would have the better 'boxing' skills all up.

Ah my bad man I jumped the gun a bit! Agree completely in that assessment. Wilder's cardio is miles ahead.

Parker vs Brezeale woud be good. I think if Parker wants more casual fan cred he should fight Wilder/Washington/Ortiz who all IMO beat him. If he fought Ruiz in the states, I think he'd have lost that fight, not saying it was a robbery cause it was close but I dont buy into the parker hype.

Parker vs Brezeale woud be good. I think if Parker wants more casual fan cred he should fight Wilder/Washington/Ortiz who all IMO beat him. If he fought Ruiz in the states, I think he'd have lost that fight, not saying it was a robbery cause it was close but I dont buy into the parker hype.

Not sure about washington beating Parker but IMO Wilder and Ortiz probably do. I know Hughie Fury pulled out late but the replacement opponent is terrible... surely a better and ranked heavyweight was available

Yeah on my way to pub to watch it... but am more interested in the Kambosos vs Balla fight on the undercard... that will be the fight of the night.

Very cool fight. Almost identical records although I like Balla, not confident at all.

Last edited:
This Nigel Elliot is by far the worst "pro" boxer I've ever seen. How the **** did this chump get on a TV card?

Cojanu is not a boxer. He's just a tall, fat quasi athlete.

Has he even thrown a single punch out of the clinch? Disgraceful fighter.

I don't even know how two judges scored it 117-110. Cojanu only won one round (11th) ...barely. I had it 119-108 as did the first judge.

Cojanu was terrible and frustrated Parker with the holding and his height but Parker didn't look overly impressive. His defence has a few holes, jab didn't look too threatening and off balance a few times with the hook. Ordinary fight to say the least.

I don't even know how two judges scored it 117-110. Cojanu only won one round (11th) ...barely. I had it 119-108 as did the first judge.

Cojanu was terrible and frustrated Parker with the holding and his height but Parker didn't look overly impressive. His defence has a few holes, jab didn't look too threatening and off balance a few times with the hook. Ordinary fight to say the least.

I love Parker I really do, but his 'power' is not travelling well as he fights higher ranked guys. He's not even getting the KD's let alone KO's.

Its unfortunate that he's Maori. If he wasn't he could maybe shed a few kg's and be an elite Cruiserweight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pumped for the rematch. Can Kovalev put Ward away this time? Even if you think Kovalev should have got the decision, you have to respect Wards aggression and willingness to get on the inside and do work especially to the body. Kovalev landed the heavier shots, but I didn't think it was a robbery.

Pumped for the rematch. Can Kovalev put Ward away this time? Even if you think Kovalev should have got the decision, you have to respect Wards aggression and willingness to get on the inside and do work especially to the body. Kovalev landed the heavier shots, but I didn't think it was a robbery.
I've got Kovalev by mid round stoppage. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back