Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can only pay fighters if people are gonna watch them, unfortunately for the boxers especially people would rather watch retired footy players than the best young boxers in the country. Say what you want about the UFC and their treatment of fighters but every card is an opportunity for one of them to breakout with a big performance and if you do produce you will get paid. Boxing only needs the guy at the top of the card
I get the economics, just disappointing. It's like paying extra to watch Ronaldo play cricket because he's famous rather than Travis Head...

There aren't many sports where this would happen. It makes sense for promoters, just sucks for the actually skillful boxers. Still, this is better than those Paul sideshows

Only six rounds, I'm guessing three minutes, but wasn't the Hall fight two minutes?

I missed out on the draw for the Hall fight, not gonna miss out here, $16 yummy yummy.

These guys are friends and they're reportedly making a cool mill between them for this fight. You do the math.

As for Tim, I thought he was super impressive against Jeff Horn, but let's not kid ourselves, Horn got rolled by some unknown dude a year ago.

Horn had been belted by Manny (I was there), tagged by that Gypsy guy, and steamrolled by a real boxer over in the States.

My point being, yeah Tim was impressive against Horn, but that may not be as big a feather in the cap as it seems.

If my bet on the draw comes through I might parlay half of it into an upset in the title fight.

Last edited:
Only six rounds, I'm guessing three minutes, but wasn't the Hall fight two minutes?

I missed out on the draw for the Hall fight, not gonna miss out here, $16 yummy yummy.

These guys are friends and they're reportedly making a cool mill between them for this fight. You do the math.

As for Tim, I thought he was super impressive against Jeff Horn, but let's not kid ourselves, Horn got rolled by some unknown dude a year ago.

Horn had been belted by Manny (I was there), tagged by that Gypsy guy, and steamrolled by a real boxer over in the States.

My point being, yeah Tim was impressive against Horn, but that may not be as big a feather in the cap as it seems.

If my bet on the draw comes through I might parlay half of it into an upset in the title fight.
Dont kid your self tim belts murray, murray has been boxing absolutely no one, tims world class.

Anyone know of any streams for this fight

Huge upset there.

$1.01 favourite Luke Jackson loses a decision

Edit: Lantry was available at $32 in the US! Cant think of many bigger underdog winners than that

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The farce that is boxing in Australia, lol. Every time I forget how bad it is until I watch it again.

Taking ages to get the scores done. Just embarrassing.

One of the fights of the year, and now the two boxers are just standing around...

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back