news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont care if its melbourne or adelaide
If its a decent card ill finally get to my first show with a bit of luck
If it's in your city, I'd recommend you no matter the quality of the card. Just get the cheapest tickets if you aren't super committed. No shit seats in a 10k arena.

If it's in your city, I'd recommend you no matter the quality of the card. Just get the cheapest tickets if you aren't super committed. No shit seats in a 10k arena.

For sure, we were saying the same thing at work yesterday
If its in the Entertinment centre it's not like viewing it from the third level at the G

I know we saw the beginning of this personality in his last couple of UFC fights, but I genuinely think Mousasi could have been a huge star in MMA if he came out of his shell like this when he first came into the UFC. I'm sure he would have got his title shot at the very least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fergy putting in work on instagram. May even be a chance to return by the end of the year going by his progress.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Gastelum is a far more interesting to me because it's a much harder matchup for Rob.

Gastelum's hands are a huge problem for anyone while his cardio and pace are elite, especially for a dude with weight and 'displine' problems.
Agreed the Gastelum fight is a big test for Rob. Gastelum's boxing is high level (possibly higher than Whittaker) and he can wrestle and grapple. No dramas there. Gastelum's split decision over Jacare and a win over Bisping (3 weeks after the GSP fight) doesn't compare near as favourably as Whittaker's run to the title fight but the fight should be a barnburner. UFC getting rid of Mousasi seems like a short-sighted decision now.

Agreed the Gastelum fight is a big test for Rob. Gastelum's boxing is high level (possibly higher than Whittaker) and he can wrestle and grapple. No dramas there. Gastelum's split decision over Jacare and a win over Bisping (3 weeks after the GSP fight) doesn't compare near as favourably as Whittaker's run to the title fight but the fight should be a barnburner. UFC getting rid of Mousasi seems like a short-sighted decision now.
Yeah, middleweight a bit off a mess. Mousasi would make that division a lot more interesting. Although, if all things go well, Paulo Costa and Israel adesanya will inject some needed contenders.

I'll have Whittaker rightful favourite, but Gastelum will have the ability to clip Rob at any moment of the 25 minutes and should have the juice in the tank to pour it on, unlike Romero.

Remove this Banner Ad

news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back