news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Till v Woodley for UFC228.

lol. Now having an interim champ doesnt even guarantee them a shot at the real title.

The UFC is really starting to look amateurish

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Till v Woodley for UFC228.

lol. Now having an interim champ doesnt even guarantee them a shot at the real title.

The UFC is really starting to look amateurish

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Starting? o_O

On top of that, they've given Romero another fight at 185 (vs Costa) at UFC 230! :drunk:

FML...

To be fair, he did make the middleweight limit for not title fights in both of his misses. I'd be confident he'll make 186 for this fight.

Unfortunately that's probably it for Newell in terms of being at the UFC.

Hope he keeps going....Bellator might give him a life line.
I watched that live today... wasn't very pretty

Newell is a very very good regional level fighter. At the top level, he will get destroyed by people that are able to incorporate his disability into their game plan.

His loss to Gaethje would be the norm IMO. He doesn't belong in the UFC, as much as that sucks for him.

I watched that live today... wasn't very pretty

Newell is a very very good regional level fighter. At the top level, he will get destroyed by people that are able to incorporate his disability into their game plan.

His loss to Gaethje would be the norm IMO. He doesn't belong in the UFC, as much as that sucks for him.

I saw it too, didnt think it was a 'unpretty' by any stretch, still almost got a couple of chances on a sub. More his skill level than his disability that will prevent him from kicking on in the UFC.

Good to see aussie LHW Jim Crute get a contract via the Contender Series though, solid first round KO, probably see him on the Adelaide card now.

I saw it too, didnt think it was a 'unpretty' by any stretch, still almost got a couple of chances on a sub. More his skill level than his disability that will prevent him from kicking on in the UFC.

Good to see aussie LHW Jim Crute get a contract via the Contender Series though, solid first round KO, probably see him on the Adelaide card now.
the guy he was facing wasn't exactly high level from what I could gather.

I hoped he made it, I really did. Was rooting for him hard.

Athletically, you can't knock Newell for a second. But I don't see how his skill level and any ceiling on that skill, isn't related to him only having one arm? That's literally the only thing holding him back.. it certainly isn't his heart, toughness, dedication or perseverance.

Those sub attempts were from his opponent stupidly shooting doubles from the other side of the cage.

Newell just doesn't have the weapons; defensively or offensively.

Although I would get a huge kick out of him destroying CM Punk or that Jackson fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is khabibs manager an idiot?:
No way the champ is getting paid less than Diaz did for his fight with conor, so McGregor better bring his chequebook.

I'm sorry I didn't realize the opponent had to pay the title holder for a title shot

The guy couldn't fight, is a whistleblower on his terrorist 'friend's and is also a moron

I hope he knocks u out as well as khabib
:cool:

I like Conor as a character in MMA more than I like Khabib - I don't necessarily dislike him and I love watching him fight. Apart from being super tight with Chechen warlord and murderer Ramzan Kadyrov, his manager Ali Abdel Aziz is my most hated personality in all of MMA; just an absolute D-bag.

Conor vs Khabib is not only the biggest fight the UFC can put on but the most intriguing style matchup as well. Here hoping it goes down in October, as predicted.

UFC 230 looks like a massive night for the MW division.

Jacare vs Branch set
Weidman vs Rockhold very close
Brunson vs Adesanya very close
Romero vs Costa announced but Romero's side not agreed yet. Not many other guys for Yoel to fight at MW.

Rockhold now working with Jason Parillo. A Rockhold with decent boxing is suddenly a lot more of a threat to the div.

So mamy permutations that could determine the next no.1 contender depending on the outcome of Whittaker vs Gastelum.

Wanna be tough guy cornering a bloke on his own with 10 guys behind him and then grabs him behind the neck to talk to him?

Tough guy who beat a nobody for the title
I thought Artem started that shit?
This.

Khabib is going to absolutely maul McGregor and it's going to be so damn good.

Wanna be tough guy cornering a bloke on his own with 10 guys behind him and then grabs him behind the neck to talk to him?

Tough guy who beat a nobody for the title
Looks like we have another Conor fan boi.

Much tougher to turn up with 30 guys and a camera to film it

Remove this Banner Ad

news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back