News The good bloke cometh - Luke Hodge to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

As a backline general he'll take a huge load off Harris's 20yo shoulders, and generally accelerate the development of our kids. He's slowed down a fair bit but his smarts and experience hasn't.
Docherty, Aish n Yoyo might want to return. Polec wont coz he doesnt like people yelling.

Our beloved Vossys body was wrecked in his last years .
Boys always stood taller when he was around though .
Not sure how much game time Hodge will get ,but just his
experience around our young boys has to be a bonus .
Plus coming from such a successful club .
I am all for it , bring it on .

Plus now we're the only club in the history of this fine game to have two triple premiership captains play for the club.

DESTINATION CLUB

This will be an enormous success, i have no doubt. I imagine **** views Hodge as having the ability to marshall the full ground defensive structures and also to provide constant feedback around decision making in coming out of the back line. He still has good footy left in him.

I would imagine that Fages is probably looking at rolling Witherden and Mayes through the midfield next year.

I was a bit iffy on him until I saw that video posted of his talk on the field.

That's an something that you genuinely don't get to bring into your club very often.

The knowledge he'll give our young players will be worth the list spot we give up for him 10 times over. If he has signed a 2 year contract worst case scenario he chills in the NEAFL in 2019. Still immensely valuable.

And then we get his coaching.

I'm so excited.
I don't think he plays a neafl game.

I don't think he plays a neafl game.

If Hodge good bloking Redlands players is something you've never wanted to see then I don't know what to say to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he could mould NRobbo into a similar player and hopefully reduce his sniping.

I think this will be beneficial for Rockliff staying. Go to carlton and what?...help out Liam Jones? HA! Or stay in Brisbane and share the work load with Hodgey and even learn a thing or two from a triple premiership captain...
To be fair Liam Jones had a pretty good year.

:cool:Remember a few weeks ago the spruiking going around about maybe Gold Coast bringing Hodge up ( Obviously through Mark Evans) and Hodge being asked the question and had know idea what they were talking about.Now it looks like he is partnering with fagan. Oh well another win for us over the Gold Coast.:cool:

Lol at the people being negative around Hodge playing for us next year.
What could a triple premiership player and captain of the most successful club over the last decade possibly bring to the worst club And reigning wooden spooners!!
How many games do we need to pump into king Hodge to get the father son happening? 6 seasons? Lock it in.

I am obviously in the minority being underwhelmed by this 'development'. The bloke is a ******* cheating grub, and I thought was pretty ordinary in his final season. At times, his skill level was bordering on drunk. There's a reason he retired.
There is obviously merit in having him here to develop our guys as a coach, but I really don't want a bar of him running around getting cheap kicks in our jumper.
Did I mention that he's a cheating ******* grub?
Neglected to mention this grub ended the careers of two Lions, Lappin and Sellwood with dog on field acts. How people forget.

Neglected to mention this grub ended the careers of two Lions, Lappin and Sellwood with dog on field acts. How people forget.

If you ever talk about lions legend luke Hodge like that again I'll be so mad.

Lol at the people being negative around Hodge playing for us next year.
What could a triple premiership player and captain of the most successful club over the last decade possibly bring to the worst club And reigning wooden spooners!!
How many games do we need to pump into king Hodge to get the father son happening? 6 seasons? Lock it in.

Lol at the people who think he's same player who won three premierships.

There are plenty of good reasons to be wary about this recruitment.

I don't remember what happened with Selwood. Lappin was never the same but still made it back to play. Hodge should definitely have been suspended but I don't think the level of anger and responsibility directed at him fits the act

Lol at the people who think he's same player who won three premierships.

There are plenty of good reasons to be wary about this recruitment.
I don't think anyone thinks that. His best is well and truly behind him. We aren't recruiting him to be a gun player, we are recruiting him for his knowledge and leadership. One of the greatest leaders of the modern era. He will help our young team immensely.

I don't think his recruitment is for a playing role, in fact I'd be surprised if he plays more than 10 games. We have to provide a decent incentive for him to come up here and I believe a playing/coaching role is what's required. Last time I checked we have been the worst performed side in the comp for the past decade and when Fagan came up here he was astonished at the lack of leadership we in this club not only from the playing group but the whole organisation. His off field leadership is the reason why we want him and I believe it will set us up for the next 10 years if it all works out. Could be a catalyst for our next premiership.

918272-e16648c8-47fa-11e5-ba64-b40512aab75c.jpg

Grub, I tells ya.

I don't remember what happened with Selwood. Lappin was never the same but still made it back to play. Hodge should definitely have been suspended but I don't think the level of anger and responsibility directed at him fits the act
Two deliberate dog acts inflicted with one purpose in mind. To take them out of the game. Permanently. The man is painted as some good bloke personified but his deeds demonstrate otherwise. He is, as Skoob so succinctly painted, a grub. We can all get wrapped up in the moment and sentimentality of this recruitment but for me this does not sit well. This man should not come within a mile of the hallowed pathways of our own greats let alone be part of the club. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

News The good bloke cometh - Luke Hodge to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back