The Grand Final should be hosted at a neutral venue

Remove this Banner Ad

In the last four years Hawthorn have had 49 games at the MCG, excluding the GFs. They have approximately a 80% win rate at the 'G.
Their opponents in the last four grand finals have had 7 games at the MCG in the same period (West Coast 2015 - 1, Sydney 2014 - 3, Fremantle 2013 - 2, Sydney 2012 - 1).
That's a pretty substantial advantage.

Last edited:
You filthy Victorians should be thankful we propped up your comp when it would've gone under without the licence fees artificially propping it up.

says the bloke supporting a plastic franchise named after a victorian term... that has changed its club colour and logo to resemble victorian clubs and has been obsessed with being a victorian side ever since the claremont poach went bad

The Grand Final is a great sporting event because it's in Melbourne (possibly the greatest sporting city on the planet).

Take it out of Melbourne and it will be a nothing event like the NRL GF.

theres an easy fix for that. back in equalisation, so we are not forced with a shitty revenue problem created by poor stadia deal rather than forcing us to sell games to stay competitive

cant have your cake and eat it too

The AFL just backed up a record deal and signed a record breaking $2.5 billion deal, teams should not need to sell games. The so called "AFL" got their cake and are eating it all...

Two boxers fight.

Same weight but Boxer A has a longer reach which is a clear advantage in boxing. But boxing B wins the bout. Boxer B winning the bout doesn't mean boxer A didn't have a advantage
What about the fact that it's statistically not a disadvantage do you fail to grasp? I'd say it's a good enough sample size.

The AFL just backed up a record deal and signed a record breaking $2.5 billion deal, teams should not need to sell games. The so called "AFL" got their cake and are eating it all...

unlike clubs stockpiling cash and recklessly spending it, the AFL has the game to look after including grass roots football

when hawthorn started buying up land it should have highlighted that we have a problem here

unlike clubs stockpiling cash and recklessly spending it, the AFL has the game to look after including grass roots football

when hawthorn started buying up land it should have highlighted that we have a problem here

The game will take care of itself, the clubs are the game and the AFL must take care of them. Grass roots get more from team and AFL sponsors and the players themselves than it gets from the AFL.

Every year a non Victorian team plays in the gf this happens.

The argument is pointless.

It's about money and power and the vfl clubs still outnumber the non vfl clubs.

It's stupid and most professional leagues in the world would laugh at us for it.

Last time I checked the FA cup is won at Wembley. As for grand finals, they are won at the MCG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it should be played anywhere else. The MCG is the spiritual home of Football. Much like cricket is to Lords.

I do however believe that interstate teams should have more scheduled games at the G during home & away season. Once simply isn't enough. Not blaming that on the loss of course but all players deserve the right to have their time on the G and familiarise themselves

The World Cup is rotated.

On reflection it is clear why it is so hard for interstate teams to win at the 'G.

Brisbane's feat is that much more impressive for having won 3 in a row against Victorian sides.

Our only 3 premierships were against Geelong (Victorian but home ground is not MCG) and Sydney.

Melbourians are truly deluded people to think Melbourne is considered one of the greatest sporting cities in the world.

AFL grand final should be given to the higher ranked team.

Build another stadium in Melbourne and then use the MCG for finals only....*

*I'm not sure if I'm serious or not

All Victorian teams should be given only 1-2 games a year at the MCG if they don't want other states to be disadvantaged.

In other news, Nile has moved that this summer's Test series against New Zealand be played in the Caribbean, thus consigning it to financial ruin.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Grand Final should be hosted at a neutral venue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back