The Great Beat-Up: The Drug Problem at West Coast *MB thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Great Beat-Up: The Drug Problem at West Coast

Is Cousins' suspension drug-related?

I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere - have you?

Yahooooooooo! He has risen from the dead!:thumbsu:

Phew you really had many of us very worried (most ROFL'ing as as well) Gunnar!

Nah, Benny just missed training!!!!!!.... very clever tactician that Woosha...:rolleyes: Surprise move?

Just ....THINK.....really do you want to dig yourself deeper in the sand?

People can call me names and claim fraudulent vindication.

But until anyone can actually provide real evidence of illicit drug use, you're all whistling in the wind.

Does anyone know that Cousins has been using drugs?

Has that been confirmed?

Or have you just rushed to that conclusion because the Victorian media has been peddling that assumption?

I've been saying the same thing throughout this thread - show me the evidence.

Cousins' suspension is a concern, but I'd like someone to talk me through the link between the latest episode and the Eagles' so-called drug problem.

Can anyone do better than "He missed training because he was high"?

translated:

I hate the world

I'm gunnar stick it up all ewes

I want to neck myself

My name is gunnar and I'm about to implode

Yahooooooooo! He has risen from the dead!:thumbsu:

Phew you really had many of us very worried (most ROFL'ing as as well) Gunnar!

Nah, Benny just missed training!!!!!!.... very clever tactician that Woosha...:rolleyes: Surprise move?

Just ....THINK.....really do you want to dig yourself deeper in the sand?
translated:

I hate the world

I'm gunnar stick it up all ewes

I want to neck myself

My name is gunnar and I'm about to implode
Can either of you make an argument?

There's four pages of people baiting me to return.

So many muppets giving themselves high fives when I wasn't around.

I'm here now, and you've still got nothing.

Can either of you make an argument?

There's four pages of people baiting me to return.

I'm here, and you've still got nothing.

err.... we know you were a very busy boy.... was homework due?
anyway there are about approx 2000 posts you need to catch up on not to mention heaps of articles ...... all expressing those nasty lies.... read some of those first;)

Why Clark Kentshanks .. journalist extrordinare

.....did BC miss training?
...... why indefinite suspension?
....... what serious personal issues?

YOU NONG the test results will come out soon ... why would the AFL target him... just luck:thumbsu:

err.... we know you were a very busy boy.... was homework due?
Er - I was at work.

Am I obligated to post every day?

Why Clark Kentshanks .. journalist extrordinare

.....did BC miss training?
...... why indefinite suspension?
....... what serious personal issues?
I don't have defintive answers to those questions.

Neither do you.

I could guess, which is all you're doing.

The difference is, I'm prepared to wait for some real information to come out, while you've just assumed that drugs were involved.

Cousins isn't the first player this century to miss training - were all those guys on crack at the time as well?

Cousins' chequered record, coupled with the intense focus on West Coast's off-field discipline, means that Cousins was already on thin ice. Regardless of why he missed training, the latest indiscretion was not going to go unpunished.

I don't know what Cousins' personal problems are. Do you? Or are you just going to assume that he's a drug addict? That's what's at the core of this discussion.

We know he likes a drink. How can you be sure that he's not in the grip of booze-fuelled depression after the break-up of a long-term relationship? Is that so far-fetched?

why would the AFL target him... just luck:thumbsu:
Are you sure it wasn't the club that administered the drug test?

People can call me names and claim fraudulent vindication.

But until anyone can actually provide real evidence of illicit drug use, you're all whistling in the wind.

Does anyone know that Cousins has been using drugs?

Has that been confirmed?

Or have you just rushed to that conclusion because the Victorian media has been peddling that assumption?

I've been saying the same thing throughout this thread - show me the evidence.

Cousins' suspension is a concern, but I'd like someone to talk me through the link between the latest episode and the Eagles' so-called drug problem.

Can anyone do better than "He missed training because he was high"?

Get out of Sydney, please!

The difference is, I'm prepared to wait for some real information to come out, while you've just assumed that drugs were involved.

Are you sure it wasn't the club that administered the drug test?

Here Gunnar,

Would Woosha lie to you? the Numero Uno cheerleader!

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21421878-2722,00.html

Although he refused to explain the nature of Cousins' "private and personal issues," Worsfold admitted the club was dealing with illicit drug use.

Cousins' chequered record, coupled with the intense focus on West Coast's off-field discipline, means that Cousins was already on ice. ?

So now you are admitting he's on drugs? About time too:D

Gunnar, Gooding confirmed on SEN radio that the AFL had tested Cousins (or at least the AFL-sanctioned tests which are done by a third party), not the club.

I admire your stubbornness Gunnar, I do, but it's in the face of overwhelming evidence - admittedly most of it hinted at but not made public, but under the circumstances nobody but Ben himself can make that public at this time, and he's not talking. You're just about the only one still claiming that drugs aren't involved. I listened to Langdon and Barich on 6PR last night, interviewing Jakovich amongst others, and even Langdon and Jakovich are not denying drug use was involved. They're arguably the biggest Eagles apologists out there... apart from you.

Jakovich was one of the players who went to the board 5 years ago to complain about drug use by Cousins and others. Gooding admitted there was a drug problem last week, Woosha admitted it today. Only you are still denying it. Connect the dots, dude.

I admire your stubbornness Gunnar, I do, but it's in the face of overwhelming evidence - admittedly most of it hinted at but not made public....
What evidence are you talking about?

I listened to Langdon and Barich on 6PR last night, interviewing Jakovich amongst others, and even Langdon and Jakovich are not denying drug use was involved. They're arguably the biggest Eagles apologists out there... apart from you.
What did they say?

Did they say they know for a fact that Cousins has a drug problem?

Or were they guessing like everyone else?

Gooding admitted there was a drug problem last week, Woosha admitted it today. Only you are still denying it. Connect the dots, dude.
I'm not saying that Cousins is definitely clean.

I just want some evidence to be presented before conceding he's definitely not.

If Cousins fails a drug test or admits he has a drug issue, then I'll accept that.

But in the meantime, I'm not making any assumptions.

I should not have expected the same fair-mindedness from the BigFooty mob, who never miss an opportunity to take cheap shots at a superior team.

Sorry - what quote are you referring to?

What did Worsfold say?

Although he refused to explain the nature of Cousins' "private and personal issues," Worsfold admitted the club was dealing with illicit drug use.

Directly from journalist Elizabeth Gosch.

She is reporting that the WCE coach has admitted the club was dealing with illicit drug use.

Are you denying he admitted that? Are you saying that the journo reported it incorrectly?

Please there is no quote but a report on what he said.

You are hiding behind semantics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Directly from journalist Elizabeth Gosch.

She is reporting that the WCE coach has admitted the club was dealing with illicit drug use.

Are you denying he admitted that? Are you saying that the journo reported it incorrectly?

Please there is no quote but a report on what he said.
So what did Worsfold actually say?

Here's an actual quote from the same article that you conveniently ignored:

“We are boarding on a club that is totally free from drug use. I believe our club is drug free at the moment but I can't guarantee it,” he said.

Funny how you missed that one, and instead went with a non-quote that supported your argument.

Why make stuff up? Who are you trying to fool?

You are hiding behind semantics.
What do you think "semantics" are?

Do you mean I'm basing my assessments on what Worsfold actually said, instead of going with what a journo paraphrased him as saying?

Yeah - why would I do something crazy like that?

Were Jakovich and the other members of the Eagle leadership group guessing five years ago when they brought to the board's attention that Ben Cousins and other Eagles had a drug problem, as he said in numerous media commitments yesterday including SEN and 6PR? Were Gooding and Worsfold guessing when they said the club has a drug problem right now?

I agree with Joffaboy. Gunnar, you are hiding behind semantics.

Is WCE dealing with illicit drug use or not Gunnar? Yes or No?

It really isn't a difficult question.

It has been reported that they are. Is that incorrect? Yes or No?
I don't know.

I don't have access to that information - neither does anyone else on this board.

The difference is that most of these people are pretending to have a definitive answer. I'm not. I admit my ignorance, and that's why I'm not making any assumptions.

I'd suggest that West Coast are taking the same steps as every other club to try to ensure their players avoid drugs. Does that mean they're "dealing with illicit drug use"? I guess so - but no more than the other 15 teams.

Were Jakovich and the other members of the Eagle leadership group guessing five years ago when they brought to the board's attention that Ben Cousins and other Eagles had a drug problem, as he said in numerous media commitments yesterday including SEN and 6PR? Were Gooding and Worsfold guessing when they said the club has a drug problem right now?
Where did Worsfold or Gooding say the club "has a drug problem"?

Just show me the quotes so I can give you an honest answer.

Can you find a direct quote than contradicts this one from Worsfold:

“We are boarding on a club that is totally free from drug use. I believe our club is drug free at the moment but I can't guarantee it,” he said.

Doesn't sound like he thinks the club "has a drug problem". What's going on with that?

I haven't heard Jakovich's comments - nor do I trust you to translate them accurately.

Did Jakovich say "Cousins had a drug problem five years ago, and he still has one now"?

I doubt it.

I agree with Joffaboy. Gunnar, you are hiding behind semantics.
I'm assessing the real evidence that has been presented and asking for direct quotes from parties involved rather than swallowing a journalist's beaten-up summary of what they said.

Why do you pretend that's semantics?

So what did Worsfold actually say?

Here's an actual quote from the same article that you conveniently ignored:

Funny how you missed that one, and instead went with a non-quote that supported your argument.

Why make stuff up? Who are you trying to fool?

The actual quote, which was replayed on 6PR just then, was "bordering", not boarding. So Worsfold is admitting that the club has had a drug problem, just like Gooding did, but that it is confined to a small minority (Gooding's phrase) of players. If there was no problem then he'd say so. Stating that the club is "bordering" on being clean means that it's not clean. Again, you're the only one who's denying it.

What do you think "semantics" are?

Do you mean I'm basing my assessments on what Worsfold actually said, instead of going with what a journo paraphrased him as saying?

Yeah - why would I do something crazy like that?

Worsfold admitted it by his own words, and Gooding admitted it by his own words. You're trying to twist the language to deny what they said.

The actual quote, which was replayed on 6PR just then, was "bordering", not boarding. So Worsfold is admitting that the club has had a drug problem, just like Gooding did, but that it is confined to a small minority (Gooding's phrase) of players.
For a club to have "a drug problem", it has to be more widespread than 1-2 guys. Agreed?

If the minority is small enough, then it's not really "a drug problem".

If you have two guys who have a substance issue, then it's a bit rich to say the club has "a drug problem".

You're yet to produce a direct quote where Worsfold admitted that the club has "a drug problem".

If there was no problem then he'd say so. Stating that the club is "bordering" on being clean means that it's not clean.
I think it's got more to do with the fact that he can't speak with total authority about everything his players do or don't do.

Worsfold admitted it by his own words, and Gooding admitted it by his own words. You're trying to twist the language to deny what they said.
I'm not twisting anything.

I've produced a direct quote. You haven't.

“We are boarding on a club that is totally free from drug use. I believe our club is drug free at the moment but I can't guarantee it.”

I'm taking that quote on face value. You're the one insisting that this constitutes an admission from Worsfold that WC have a drug problem. It seems to me like he's saying the exact opposite.

You're the one "twisting the language". You're the one insisting that a "small minority" of players can create a club-wide "drug problem".

Where did Worsfold or Gooding say the club "has a drug problem"?

Just show me the quotes so I can give you an honest answer.

Can you find a direct quote than contradicts this one from Worsfold:

Doesn't sound like he thinks the club "has a drug problem". What's going on with that?

I haven't heard Jakovich's comments - nor do I trust you to translate them accurately.

Did Jakovich say "Cousins had a drug problem five years ago, and he still has one now"?

I'm assessing the real evidence that has been presented and asking for direct quotes from parties involved rather than swallowing a journalist's beaten-up summary of what they said.

I don't know what toilet paper you write your scoops on but IF you are any sort of journalist, you would have access to media releases and associated press stories. The media in Perth, the WCE football club and past players openly admit to a drug problem at the Eagles. Radio in Perth are even suggesting Cousins was counselled to undergo rehabilitation.

Cousins has been reported to have been abusing illicit and prescription drugs, and has escalated this use over the last three weeks due to relationship and personal problems.

Gunner you have been so stoik in your support and steadfast refusal to accept anything that you don't deem to be acceptable.

But my poor pompous fool, time to catch up with the news, the problem is real, is documented and very unfortunate for the eagles. How utterly courageous of you to drop off the site for a day and come back towing the party line you supplied for the last week. Didn't have the strength of character to log on yesterday, you have at least proven to be similar to your players who didn't have the character to say no.

Now run along surely there must be something to contibute to the school newsletter like an upcoming fete or cake stall.

Not only are you woefully inadequate your grandstanding and attempts to portray a superior intellect are crumbling like the happy facade the eagles portayed for the last five years.

Like I said Gunnar, the word is "bordering". And that implies that there is a problem. If you can't understand that, then maybe you need some English lessons because you don't comprehend semantics.

Let me use some synonyms so you understand what that sentence is saying.

We are verging on a club that is totally free from drug use.
We are not quite a club that is totally free from drug use.
We are almost a club that is totally free from drug use.
We are near to being a club that is totally free from drug use.

In other words, West Coast is NOT a club that is totally free from drug use, but they're nearly there. Can I make it any more plain for you? Do you want me to draw a Venn diagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back