The Heatwave

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what the hottest is in other states?

I think the hottest was in South Australia, a small town (can't remember the name) got to 50.7.

Telfer and Mardie in WA have got to 50 also.

Like an oven with the wind here in the South West. Conditions as bad as Ash Wednesday but didn't last as long before the cool change kicked in.

Horrible, horrible day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's the bloody cool change? I'm going to a birthday party tonight & am being picked up at 6.30pm. I don't want to have a shower until the cool change comes, because it will be a waste of time, I'll need another one 10 minutes later. :(

Avalon was 47.9C not 46.9C

The Conclurry temperature as mentioned has been long discounted as innaccurate and the all time Aus record remains Oodnadatta at 50.7C. Mildura has also never reached 50C, any such report was not using official recognised instruments or exposure etc. 45.6C was the old Mildura record (same as Melb's old record) and that has now been broken. Avalon currently has the new state record with it's 47.9C but am waiting on the official final figure from Hopetoun before making the final call.

Also few 47's in SA as well with Cobdogla, Renmark, Port Augusta and Tarcoola to name a few. Adelaide is lucky the change was through there, would have hit 47C there today with the atmospheric conditions.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Heatwave

Remove this Banner Ad

Back