The Heatwave

Remove this Banner Ad

I am so glad it's over ... at least for now.

The heat may be over, but the devastation has only just begun.

Yeah. :( What's happening over there is terrible.

I'm amazed we got through all that without any serious fires.

Only got to 35.9 here in Frankston. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

i was lucky that i played cricket on saturday in frankston, felt sorry for my team mates that had to play in the city where it reached 46.

played near the beach had a nice breeze all day

This only came to me once I realized how bad it was in Vic.
Were there any reported? Because I don't recall any, although I don't watch the news too often.

Nothing too much reported - SA was lucky... THIS TIME

We are now being warned to get bushfire action plans ready. It's going to be a dangerous weekend coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nope the premier league was the only comp to play on sat in vic, pretty sure there is no heat rule we play under the international rules, pretty stupid IMO

Were there any reported? Because I don't recall any, although I don't watch the news too often.

I believe there was one not too far from Port Lincoln but nothing serious. Nothing near Adelaide at any rate.

Melbourne has had a respite from the heat until Saturday's insanity of 46.4° but we in Adelaide only had one day below 35° from January 26 to February 7. As usual we had fairly strong winds most of those days but in that whole time there was only one known bushfire, so South Australia has been incredibly lucky where Victoria has most certainly not.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Heatwave

Remove this Banner Ad

Back