The High Performance Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

They build a housing estate at the other end, they built Eastlands shopping centre next door to it. Why would their be any obvious issues with building on it? Maybe too much dog poo on it? :D ;)
Apparently there's quite hard rock under the ground at the site. That's why Kingston hasn't been ruled out yet.

Given both sites were deemed suitable, it would only take the geotech results to show Rosny being a bit more expensive to build at for Kingston to become the preferred site.

Why would they not just build it at an existing sporting facility that already has new ovals, rather than taking over a public park?
The park is not being used for anything, its council owned, there is no suitable locations nearby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But there was already a plan on what to do with the land, the City Heart plan. It annoys a lot fewer people to let that plan continue and just use the twin ovals at Kingston.
They already had the vote on it and the yays won. The majority of people who voted against were probably doing a protest vote against the stadium more than they actually care about that space.

Apparently there's quite hard rock under the ground at the site. That's why Kingston hasn't been ruled out yet.

Given both sites were deemed suitable, it would only take the geotech results to show Rosny being a bit more expensive to build at for Kingston to become the preferred site.
So how deep do they need to dig? Its on flat land for a start. They won't build on the side of a hill at CH Park, which seemed a silly idea anyway.
Kingston T.O seems surrounded by a hill on the western side & slopes away to the east, so where would they build another ground

Lot's of Dolerite is the whisper...

Its 2 Ovals & Buildings. We're not digging for gold. So how deep do the foundations need to go? I'd be surprised if they dont already know how deep the rock is. How would it create an issue anyway?
Have you ever built a house? You hit rock and it adds a fair bit to the cost. And we're talking a lot larger area than a house.

Have you ever built a house? You hit rock and it adds a fair bit to the cost. And we're talking a lot larger area than a house.

We're not building a stadium. Anyway, how deep is the rock? Was it on the old Rosny Golf course or CH park on the hill side? As I said, they built Eastlands next to it & a housing estate along the fairway. So I'll wait until the council says something.

We're not building a stadium. Anyway, how deep is the rock? Was it on the old Rosny Golf course or CH park on the hill side? As I said, they built Eastlands next to it & a housing estate along the fairway. So I'll wait until the council says something.
You still have to excavate the entire footprint of two football ovals and a decent sized building.

If the site is deemed more expensive that Kingston to build at it will be moved imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

The High Performance Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Back