• Hell Yes!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at the BnF and i cried when it was annoucced. I have been involved with Simon Garlick since mid 2010 hassling, done the petitions before games etc and to finally have that paid off was fantastic.

Can i also say i broke this in Late July on the board.

Was great work by a wide range of people from way back when we set up the original petition in 09? to the wide spread push this year.

Great to see the club listen to us

I think the push for the traditional guernsey gathered real pace after the game against Adelaide with the bulldoze the debt guernsey was worn to overwhelming positive response from the members and supporters. Of course it's no coincidence that someone like Simon Garlick took it onboard and listened. I'll be ordering one on Monday! Where do I order the numbers from or can i get that sorted down at Whitten? (#38 for mine!)

Does anyone know if robodog is gone or is he still going to be used in merchandising?

I think we should keep it on all merchandise

Congrats guys! jumper looks fantastic! That bulldog picture was horrendous!!

I believe any jumper ya granny cant knit is useless! You had one of the worst jumpers IMO but now you have a great looking jumper like you had in 80s!!

Dockers, you guys and port have all changed for the better. My stupid saints changed for the worse (going to all black) BUT no doubt the lions, WCE are now the only teams with really really bad jumpers - no jumper should have a picture on it.

You sure? The white jumper that the Dogs released last night is the traditional version with no robodog.

Has the logo on the top left (right when you are facing it) corner of the front of the jumper.

Has the logo on the top left (right when you are facing it) corner of the front of the jumper.

The home jumpers also have it on the shorts. Looks like they didn't want to completely abandon 'Robodog', but I'm happy that it's moved to a small logo-y position, rather than been the main attraction. :)

Congratulations to all who were behind this.

Very important that a kid can easily draw the team's jumper.
Otherwise they may be tempted to opt to barrack for a team with vertical black and white stripes or blue and white hoops etc instead of having to struggle with something like the now ex-dog logo thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The home jumpers also have it on the shorts. Looks like they didn't want to completely abandon 'Robodog', but I'm happy that it's moved to a small logo-y position, rather than been the main attraction. :)

It is OK as a logo. They can keep it like that for sure. So happy with this change though, just makes a lot of sense.

I find it funny to see the reactions on facebook etc that are anti the jumper. Not because of the design, but because its a 'backwards' step. For christ's sake, get a grip you flogs. All clubs in all sports change their strip from time to time. Throwbacks are insanely popular and we are fortunate to have an iconic strip in the mix which really strikes a chord with the clear majority of our fan base. At least knock it for being too simple, or the shade of blue not being right or something with some actual merit other than this bullshit 'backwards' step line.

Pull your heads out of your arse for a moment and take a moment to remember that you are fans of the Footscray Football Club, this is our most iconic jumper and should be saying to you its OK to be proud to be a Bulldog. This is who we are.

It is OK as a logo. They can keep it like that for sure. So happy with this change though, just makes a lot of sense.

I find it funny to see the reactions on facebook etc that are anti the jumper. Not because of the design, but because its a 'backwards' step. For christ's sake, get a grip you flogs. All clubs in all sports change their strip from time to time. Throwbacks are insanely popular and we are fortunate to have an iconic strip in the mix which really strikes a chord with the clear majority of our fan base. At least knock it for being too simple, or the shade of blue not being right or something with some actual merit other than this bullshit 'backwards' step line.

Pull your heads out of your arse for a moment and take a moment to remember that you are fans of the Footscray Football Club, this is our most iconic jumper and should be saying to you its OK to be proud to be a Bulldog. This is who we are.

The facebook dregs are the worst. Nothing will ever be good to them. It is best to take no notice :p

They all think we should still get Fev, ffs.

Well bloody done by your Club!

Love that jumper, now all you need is to go back to the name Footscray and you'll be set!

Who was the marketing genius who decided to strip all of the colour and vibrancy and character out of the name by changing to Western?

Should be pelted with rotten tomatoes from Footscray market.

I read that more than 80% of supporters wanted to change the jumper back. Even blind Freddy could see that the percentage would be the same if there was a vote on the name.

Who was the marketing genius who decided to strip all of the colour and vibrancy and character out of the name by changing to Western?

Should be pelted with rotten tomatoes from Footscray market.

I read that more than 80% of supporters wanted to change the jumper back. Even blind Freddy could see that the percentage would be the same if there was a vote on the name.

There's been a heap of discussion about it in another thread. I doubt it would be as clear a result as the jumper vote. While I think a name change would be good, I am very pleased with this one.

In combination with a few other things the club is doing as a nod to who we are, it'll keep me happy for a while.

The jumper change is fantastic, but a name change is not necessary. We are aiming to represent all of the Western Region of Melbourne, which is a rapidly growing area and our licence is after all still held by the Footscray Football Club. We are only trading as the Western Bulldogs and people are very used to this name now.

I would vote no to change the name back to Footscray. Western Bulldogs is the way to go as we represent west of Melbourne.

Someone mentioned changing to West Melbourne but i would much rather we stick with Bulldogs in the name.

Jumper change, Awesome although i did grow up with the robodog but name change. NO!

The jumper change is fantastic, but a name change is not necessary. We are aiming to represent all of the Western Region of Melbourne, which is a rapidly growing area and our licence is after all still held by the Footscray Football Club. We are only trading as the Western Bulldogs and people are very used to this name now.

There is already a thread to talk about the name issue where people will be happy to blow your (frankly weak) arguments out of the water.. Please stop conflating it with the new and exciting news that we've changed our jumper from one of the worst to the best in the competition.

There is already a thread to talk about the name issue where people will be happy to blow your (frankly weak) arguments out of the water.. Please stop conflating it with the new and exciting news that we've changed our jumper from one of the worst to the best in the competition.
As Shakespeare once wrote: "What's in a name? that which we call a rose
by any other name would smell as sweet".
In other words the names of things don't really matter, only what things are, matters.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hoops are back

Back