Team Mgmt. The Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment I am hoping that the current forecasts for injuries are accurate and we don't have any further occurances. Assuming we make the finals series, if we can have our best 22 fit on the park in the last 2 rounds before the finals then we can set them up to run their assignments and get at least a small semblance of structure. This means that we would be going full strength into a finals campaign with some of our best players rested from game situations. Admittedly there will be a loss of fitness in the longer term injured (Zaharakis and Ryder mainly) but I think we would be reasonably well placed in our talent pool for a good performance in the finals.

So annyoing seeing both players go down. I actually turned it off for a bit after the Winderlich injury. Losing is hard enough but when you lose by 4 with 10+ players injured you start pulling hair out.
What I think from players who'd get a game at senior level

Stanton - Hamstring - 2 weeks
Crameri - calf (?) - 1 week
Hibberd - hammy - 1 week
Ryder - calf - 2 weeks
Zaka - calf - 3 weeks
Myers - hammy - 2 weeks
Winderlich - hammy - season
Howlett - hammy - season
Fletch - abductor (?) -2 weeks
Pris - ? - 1 week

If you look through our entire list it would be a hell of a lot easier to write a list up of players who haven't got injured. What's even worse is some of our players have now been injured 2-4 times in the year. The club I feel has hidden about 25% of all the soft tissue injuries in 2012 as it would of caused an uproar.

As devestated as I was about the loss, injuries to Winders and Howlett hurt more.

Funny how Hird said last week Stanton would only miss 1 then last night it became Stanton would probably be ok.

It's hard to trust anything at the moment.

Anyway you look at it we will be limping to the end of the year even if we do get some underdone players back.

Stanton has a nick in his hammy. It's a 3 week injury. He has missed one so he'll be out for the Kangaroos and Carlton game IMO.

Has that been confirmed now? Last week it was a bit sore but definetly be ok for the following week. More bulls##t from the club.

Player
spacer.gif

Injury
spacer.gif

David Zaharakis Quad 1 week

• David injured his quad at a training session and is currently undergoing rehabilitation. He is progressing well in his recovery and is a chance to return next week.
Stewart Crameri Tightness Test

• Stewart will be a chance to return this week after overcoming tightness in his hamstring.
Dustin Fletcher Shoulder Test

• Dustin is likely to return this week after overcoming soreness in his shoulder. He will face fitness tests later this week.
Ben Howlett Hamstring Unavailable

• Ben sustained a minor hamstring injury yesterday and will undergo scans in the next 24-48 hours to determine the full extent of the injury.
Jason Winderlich Hamstring Unavailable

• Jason sustained a minor hamstring injury yesterday and will undergo scans in the next 24-48 hours to determine the full extent of the injury.
Kyle Reimers Hamstring 1-2 weeks

• Kyle is a chance to return this week after overcoming a minor hamstring injury. He will be monitored by the medical staff.
Michael Hibberd Quad Test

• Michael recently sustained a minor injury to his quad muscle and is on a modified training program. He is a chance to return this week pending fitness tests.
Mark McVeigh Hamstring Unavailable

• Mark recently sustained a minor hamstring injury. He is on a modified training and rehabilitation regime.
David Myers Bruised Calf Test

• David will be rested this week after experiencing bruising in his calf. He will be closely monitored by the medical staff and is a chance to return in the next week.
Brent Stanton Soreness Test

• Brent will be closely monitored this week as his body recovers from general soreness. The club is hopeful Brent will be available this week.
Patrick Ryder Calf 1 week

• Paddy is recovering well after suffering a minor calf strain. He is a chance to return next week as he continues his rehabilitation programs.
Luke Davis Ankle Unavailable

• Luke has been placed on the long-term injury list as he continues his recovery from an ankle injury.

Brent StantonSoreness Test

• Brent will be closely monitored this week as his body recovers from general soreness. The club is hopeful Brent will be available this week.
Lol'd.
Luke DavisAnkle Unavailable

• Luke has been placed on the long-term injury list as he continues his recovery from an ankle injury.

Who?

I laughed how everyone has had 'minor' injuries. Hibberd - has already missed 3 with a minor injury, McVeigh has missed the same, Reimers is still a couple away with only a minor injury, yet he has already missed a couple.
Why don't they just tell the truth. Hamstring tear - 4 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Ricky Dyson injured? - last sighted against the Cats in round 17? Had been doing OK racking up an average of 19 disposals a game this year and has played really well in a few of them. Thought he'd be a chance to come in this week given our injuries...

Also - anyone have any idea at all whats going on with Anthony Long - is he still in Melbourne and any chance to stay on the rookie list next year?

No, but it is normal for a soft tissue injury at Essendon to take 2.6 times the projected amount of time.

2.8 Kong ;)

And given he was a 'test' 3-4 weeks ago, this has been a reasonable recovery time, I'm mildly impressed.

Did laugh at Hird saying Zaharakis "should" play. If him not playing is paying anything over $1.10 jump all over it.

Midfield ace Brent Stanton is certain to return for this Saturday's crunch game against Carlton after sitting out the past two games with a hamstring injury and explosive runner David Zaharakis could also be back, as long as he gets the green light from the medical staff today.
Zaharakis has missed the past 10 games with a quad injury and his blistering pace is what the Bombers badly need, as is the class of ruckman Paddy Ryder, who is also a chance to resume against the Blues after recovering from a calf injury.
Stanton - Back for Richmond
Zaka, Ryder - Back for 1st week finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Mgmt. The Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back