The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Qualifying Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah tried that, they charge the full price, not the family price, which is about $40 different. On the AFL website there is a little asterisk next to the family ticket price that says "If you wish to purchase a family ticket please phone Ticketmaster or visit a Ticketmaster outlet. Family tickets will not be available to purchase via the internet"

Trouble is the ticketmaster website is just as difficult.
After over an hour waiting to speak to someone, finally got through and got the family ticket. Frustrated but now excited. It's BS in this day and age for it to be so difficult.

Row Couch in my lounge room
East Brunswick

It will be on FTA TV... Very rare occurence - This way I wont spend too much money buying pints at The Quarry Hotel...

~! - Hope you guys do all the cheering for me!

Am I able to upgrade concession tickets to adult tickets at the gate?
Just try and sneak in, generally works. In my years of going to the footy, I've only seen 1 person caught.
I have a friend who always buys kids tickets even though he has a full grown beard and gets in no questions asked more times than not.

Just try and sneak in, generally works. In my years of going to the footy, I've only seen 1 person caught.
I have a friend who always buys kids tickets even though he has a full grown beard and gets in no questions asked more times than not.
yep, head down and walk straight through

My old man has booked mine. Bay 143 row J I think. He also had the issue of no email with tickets so he rang the club. Was told as long as you he got the reciept number the tickets were confirmed. Its just the system is over loaded with people on it making it slower.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has been some press recently that this has become very popular in Melbourne and they will be tightening things up this year. I'm not sure about Footy park though. If it's anything like the bag checkers it will be fine. Lining up before the gates opened for the members area on Saturday the bag checkers went along the line and asked everyone, "Do you have any cans or bottles in your bag?" Derr, no mate, only plastic things that go bang.

There has been some press recently that this has become very popular in Melbourne and they will be tightening things up this year. I'm not sure about Footy park though. If it's anything like the bag checkers it will be fine. Lining up before the gates opened for the members area on Saturday the bag checkers went along the line and asked everyone, "Do you have any cans or bottles in your bag?" Derr, no mate, only plastic things that go bang.

Is it easy enough to get a hip flask in? :)

My old man has booked mine. Bay 143 row J I think. He also had the issue of no email with tickets so he rang the club. Was told as long as you he got the reciept number the tickets were confirmed. Its just the system is over loaded with people on it making it slower.

Aweomse. Thanks for clearing that up! Saves me spending all day on the phone to TicketMaster.

and a few cans... its not llike they pat down bulging coats ;)

We were actually considering taking in camel packs under our jackets filled with scotch and coke. Might just try grab the biggest hip flask I can find though.

Is it easy enough to get a hip flask in? :)

I couldn't say, good quality red wine doesn't travel well in a hip flask.

Seriously, they do check bags into the members once the initial rush has gone through. We always get there before the gates open to get a good seat and then get a pass out and go to a local restaurant or the West Lakes Hotel for pre-game lubrication. If you want to bring in a hip flask then arrive before the gates open.

If you want to get into the back row of the concourse (extra leg room, no idiots yelling in your ear) in the members stand, it's too late. The retirees have already reserved their spot in the queue. I recently asked one of the back seat crew how early they arrive. The answer was three hours before the gates open but obviously earlier for big matches!

The won't email the printable tickets before the rest are released to the public - they don't want members buying them & trying to sell them to members of the public.

And the concession ticket & hip flask always works. Pretend you're on your phone - genius.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back