NFL The Jay Cutler Soap Opera

Remove this Banner Ad

T Jones
Laveranues Coles

Technically incorrect... as Coles was never traded for, was a draftee back in 2000...:p

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Anyway, the point of my posting, just a question for the now anti-Cutler Bronco fans.

Back in 1983, there was a QB drafted who refused to play for his team. He whined and whined, threatened to quit the sport, and eventually was traded, without EVER playing a down for the team that drafted him.

Now, how do you feel about this guy, and how is this different from the Jay Cutler situation???

Anyway, the point of my posting, just a question for the now anti-Cutler Bronco fans.

Back in 1983, there was a QB drafted who refused to play for his team. He whined and whined, threatened to quit the sport, and eventually was traded, without EVER playing a down for the team that drafted him.

Now, how do you feel about this guy, and how is this different from the Jay Cutler situation???
Haha, good point...

Technically incorrect... as Coles was never traded for, was a draftee back in 2000...:p

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Fantastic. :D:thumbsu:

Michael Lombardi believes the Broncos may have their eyes on USC QB Mark Sanchez, since "he has all the qualities Josh McDaniels values in a quarterback."
Lombardi further believes that the Broncos' newfound willingness to deal Jay Cutler stems not from Cutler being incommunicado but rather that they've seen a "new player they've fallen in love with." If the Broncos have found a possible solution, then they'll have to ensure that they can land their man with a high enough draft pick.

lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a very strong indication that the Jets are pushing real hard to land Cutler and a deal could be....

Broncos: get S.Rogers/B.Quinn.
Jets: get Cutler
Browns: get a bunch of picks.

But, this is my own rumor....i believe the Browns will get Ratliff or Clemens as well, because Mangini worked with them last year. Especially Ratliff is my tip because Mangini is real high on him.

Another rumor is that Washington are interested and there could be a conspiracy of Shanahan to the Redskins next year, re-uniting Cutler and Shanahan, and getting rid of Zorn.

Snyder cant be scoffed at with making massive deals like this. But I dunno, i think the Browns-Jets-Denver one seems more realistic. And the Jets are REALLY pushing hard to make it happen.

Another rumor is that Washington are interested and there could be a conspiracy of Shanahan to the Redskins next year, re-uniting Cutler and Shanahan, and getting rid of Zorn.

Snyder cant be scoffed at with making massive deals like this. But I dunno, i think the Browns-Jets-Denver one seems more realistic. And the Jets are REALLY pushing hard to make it happen.

I cant see how they could even come close to being able to afford him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It's different because the roles are reversed. Shouldn't that question be directed at Colts fans? Secondly, direct that question to fans of the team that trades for him....

Bronco fans have now become 'anti-Cutler' because of the way he has handled himself throughout this saga. I was initially annoyed when the Cassel trade talks started, but the longer this thing has gone on the more 'anti-Cutler' I have become. He has shown scant consideration to the club that has payed him millions of dollars; refusing to communicate, using his knuckle head agent as a mouth piece. Reading through Bronco forums I'd say fans are probably 70/30 on Cutler's side, so Cutler haters are in the minority...

It's different because the roles are reversed. Shouldn't that question be directed at Colts fans? Secondly, direct that question to fans of the team that trades for him....

Bronco fans have now become 'anti-Cutler' because of the way he has handled himself throughout this saga. I was initially annoyed when the Cassel trade talks started, but the longer this thing has gone on the more 'anti-Cutler' I have become. He has shown scant consideration to the club that has payed him millions of dollars; refusing to communicate, using his knuckle head agent as a mouth piece. Reading through Bronco forums I'd say fans are probably 70/30 on Cutler's side, so Cutler haters are in the minority...
That is the point, you are anti-Cutler now because he is leaving you, not because he is a cry baby bitch. Although, that would help a lot...

Cutler breaks his silence...

Cutler spoke exclusively Wednesday night with FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer at the UFC Fight Night 18 card in Nashville that both were attending. Cutler says he was shocked the Broncos issued a statement proclaiming he was on the block after conversations with agent Bus Cook.
"I was surprised they decided to trade me this soon," Cutler told Glazer in his first comments since the statement was released. "I didn't want to get traded. This wasn't me. They [The Broncos] had been going back and forth saying things, wanting me to be their quarterback and then they didn't." "I really didn't want this. I love Denver. I really like my teammates. I didn't want it to get this far."

Rest of the article can be found here - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...key=StoryComments&topic_key=9403016&page_no=2

So he didn't want to be traded eh? Why didn't he show up to off season workouts? Why didn't he return calls from the team who had been trying to contact him for 10 days? What a spoiled child/egomaniac/straight out w***er!

Trade him into our division to the Bucs or Panties please. I welcome the opportunity to see him cry up close twice every season. Or better yet, send him to the Jets and let the media give him the same treatment they gave Eli. He'd be demanding a trade again within no time. :rolleyes:

and what would Cutler be worth in a straight swap for draft picks you might ask?

The NFL is big on precedence. In 1994 the Colts traded a 1st and 3rd round pick in the 94 draft and a 1st round draft pick in the 95 draft for 27 year old Jeff George......

let the bidding begin!

Cutler breaks his silence...

Rest of the article can be found here - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...key=StoryComments&topic_key=9403016&page_no=2

So he didn't want to be traded eh? Why didn't he show up to off season workouts? Why didn't he return calls from the team who had been trying to contact him for 10 days? What a spoiled child/egomaniac/straight out w***er!

Trade him into our division to the Bucs or Panties please. I welcome the opportunity to see him cry up close twice every season. Or better yet, send him to the Jets and let the media give him the same treatment they gave Eli. He'd be demanding a trade again within no time. :rolleyes:
Haha, he is so full of shit.

Just get it over and done with already for the love of god, FFS.

Reportedly Broncos phones have been ringing crazy and they cant keep up with them lol. Asking teams to email instead. That sounds like crap to drive the prices up on those FEW teams actually interested (Jets, Redskins, Buccaneers).

Cutler has come out as well and said he wants to be traded to Titans or Bears because he supported them as a kid. Cutler seems all over the place here.....denying rumors about not returning calls, saying he never wanted to leave, but at the same time pushing to be traded when Shanahan/Bates left, and again on-off thru the last month.

This is worse than Favre last year. On rotoworld im seeing about 4 Cutler updates per page going back a whole month.

Probably not. I do feel sorry for all those Broncos fans that got Cutler jerseys though.

I agree... what a schkadadle saga. It was noted that Denver will prefer to deal Cutler to a NFC team.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL The Jay Cutler Soap Opera

Remove this Banner Ad

Back