NFL The Jay Cutler Soap Opera

Remove this Banner Ad

Every day I pick up the newspaper and read another article about this debacle I think McDaniels is more of a tool.
Many reports suggest that in both conversations the two have had since the trade proposal McDaniels has refused to tell him that he is pivotal to the franchise and untradable. Add that to the fact that after their first post trade offer meeting McDaniels and co came away thinking it went well, when Cutler obviously thought the opposite.
Bowlen needs to step in soon and sort this out

Here you go...

the-meeting.jpg

I dunno if you can post it on the bronco forum without getting flamed for it, but you should imo.

Nah, they'd love it on there. This was one of the threads they started -

Bowlen denies trade rumors
PAT BOWLEN DENIES TRADE RUMOR

AP March 22, 2009
Inside sources have revealed that Pat Bowlen, owner of the Denver Broncos has been trying to trade his head coach Josh McDaniels at the NFL owners meetings being held at St Regis Resort in Dana Point Ca. “Nobody wants him” said Al Davis, owner of the Oakland Raiders. “I can’t find anyone who wants to work for me and I wouldn’t take him” Davis was quoted as saying. News of Davis’s comments were devastating to Bowlen who had held out hope of acquiring Oaklands coach Tom Cable. “I tried to trade with every team here” said Bowlen. No one wants Josh McDaniels. When Bowlen was asked if he now regretted firing former coach and future Hall of Famer Mike Shanahan, Bowlen replied, “Did I tell him he was fired? I do not remember that conversation. I might have had it but I do not remember. I am getting a little old”

As a Broncos supporter I think you need to have a sense of humour at this point, you'd develop ulcers very quickly if you didn't....

This saga is hilarious. Its all she did this/ he did that crap.

Browns will be stupid to trade Quinn. He is your future so show some confidence (Remember Rodgers w/ Packers?). But I do see Cutler in NYC.

One of them has to go, maybe McDaniels should get the boot.

Here's a GG special for 09....

Broncos were happy to deal Cutler because McDaniels wanted Cassel, with whom he worked with. Cutler finds out and is pissed and wants out. Meanwhile, the Pioli-BB thing happens. So McDaniels is screwed between a rock and a hard place.

McDaniels happy to deal Cutler ONLY if he got Cassel. But otherwise, would want Cutler. But, with Cutler's stance on all this now. Broncos forced to trade him. But....they have no QB to come in. And no teams interested in trading for Cutler can offer the Broncos a QB back.

So where are the Broncos gonna find a QB from???

Enter stage right....Brett Favre!

Book it!

Get over it Lord Favre is dead! Gone and forgotten I trust.

After wading thru this whole thread, two things stand out for me.
1. People are carried away by Cutler's arm. His record is 17wins and 20 losses, more importantly he has not won a close vital game to date. He is a whiny arsed prima donna to boot.
2. Jimmuh Johnson came to Miami and made a crucial mistake in NOT trading dan Marino to the Vikings when he had the chance. This decision in time led to JJ's lack of success with the Phins. Thus IMO JM must trade Cutler now.

The Mules played much better early last year when Marshall was out suspended and the rookie WR was going beserk. Marshall came back and demanded the ball and Cutler spent the season trying to appease him. Hopefully Marshall goes for 8 weeks this year.

FTR I see Cutler ending up in Jetland.

The Hot Rumour going around is that the Jets been talking to the Broncos about a Cutler Trade

Again another ex Patriot links in to all of this. The fat idiot (Mangini) would be willing to trade Quinn to the Broncos to send Cutler to the AFC East. His bitterness for the Patriots over rides any hatred he'd have for the Jets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After wading thru this whole thread, two things stand out for me.
1. People are carried away by Cutler's arm. His record is 17wins and 20 losses, more importantly he has not won a close vital game to date. He is a whiny arsed prima donna to boot.
2. Jimmuh Johnson came to Miami and made a crucial mistake in NOT trading dan Marino to the Vikings when he had the chance. This decision in time led to JJ's lack of success with the Phins. Thus IMO JM must trade Cutler now.

The Mules played much better early last year when Marshall was out suspended and the rookie WR was going beserk. Marshall came back and demanded the ball and Cutler spent the season trying to appease him. Hopefully Marshall goes for 8 weeks this year.

FTR I see Cutler ending up in Jetland.

This comment by people sh*ts me the most. If Jay was a tennis player then that record is bad but last time i check he plays in the NFL which is a TEAM SPORT. Everyone knows that Denvers defence has been bad the last 2 seasons and is the main reason for that poor record. Jay Cutlers record when the defence gives up 21 or less is 13-1.

This comment by people sh*ts me the most. If Jay was a tennis player then that record is bad but last time i check he plays in the NFL which is a TEAM SPORT. Everyone knows that Denvers defence has been bad the last 2 seasons and is the main reason for that poor record. Jay Cutlers record when the defence give up 21 or less is 13-1.

That's a nice stat...:thumbsu:

This comment by people sh*ts me the most. If Jay was a tennis player then that record is bad but last time i check he plays in the NFL which is a TEAM SPORT. Everyone knows that Denvers defence has been bad the last 2 seasons and is the main reason for that poor record. Jay Cutlers record when the defence gives up 21 or less is 13-1.

That is his record as a starting QB whether you like it or not.
QBs are the face of the team. His job is to lead the team to a win on game day.

He is failing in his duty.

That is his record as a starting QB whether you like it or not.
QBs are the face of the team. His job is to lead the team to a win on game day.

He is failing in his duty.

The QB job is to lead the OFFENSE which he did to the number 2 ranked offense in the whole league but if you think he is failing at his duty then you have no clue.

[/b]

The QB job is to lead the OFFENSE which he did to the number 2 ranked offense in the whole league but if you think he is failing at his duty then you have no clue.

Yes our D sucked balls majorly, but to say we had the No.2 offense is a little simplistic. We ranked 2nd in yards gained, but ranked only 16th in points scored. Our red zone efficiency was quite poor as well. Some of this can be attributed to the running game, but we also had the 3rd best average gain per rush in the league, so you can't say we had no running game either.

Remember, we only put up 10 points against the Raiders' rubbish D at home, when we needed to win....

There is alot of talk over here that the Broncos don't want the #1 pick, as stupid as it sounds. The #1 pick comes with a certain amount of $$$ guaranteed and apparently they aren't interested in taking that on board. Besides many aren't sold on Stafford being the best QB, some think it might be a raffle between 2 or 3 of the prospects in the draft, and not that many teams are looking to draft one real early, so the talk is that the Broncos might try and get Detroits next pick (I think its ~20) and maybe another pick or player or something.

The way the broncos are going, not budging on these value picks being offered, will just mean by draft day, with cutler still determined to want out and the broncos realizing they cant start the season with a QB who doesnt want to be here, will become desperate to deal him for like a low 1st rounder or 2nd in the end.

Further McDaniels bone-headedness.

If they were smart they'd accept the #1 overall, then trade it for another QB, draft one, or trade it for a bunch of picks and draft a bunch of value defensive talent.

Yes our D sucked balls majorly, but to say we had the No.2 offense is a little simplistic. We ranked 2nd in yards gained, but ranked only 16th in points scored. Our red zone efficiency was quite poor as well. Some of this can be attributed to the running game, but we also had the 3rd best average gain per rush in the league, so you can't say we had no running game either.

Remember, we only put up 10 points against the Raiders' rubbish D at home, when we needed to win....

Simplistic in itself don't you think??

Quite easy to get good yards on the ground when the defense is focused on a one dimensional offense.

In an apparent joke attempt, coach Josh McDaniels held up Jay Cutler's No. 6 when introducing the Broncos' throwback jerseys Tuesday.
"I wouldn’t have wanted it to be any other player," the rookie coach quipped. The media found it hilarious, but McDaniels isn't looking any less arrogant after this. He still hopes Cutler will show for mid-April mandatory work.

20090324__mcdaniels~p1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL The Jay Cutler Soap Opera

Remove this Banner Ad

Back