Injury The JK Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

But it is only 2 games. If Shuey stays healthy and if (it is a big if I know) Jetta plays most games like he played yesterday then Kennedy will still win the Coleman without any issues.
I like this post

I like this post

post-event-engagement-thank-you.gif

Good news on JK
Hopefully the club are being truthful though and won't have him sitting on the injury list as 3 weeks for the next 10+ weeks likes they usually do with players.

View attachment 375929

That scene came into my head as soon as I read his post. Kudos for the great photoshop.

dubious but hopeful.
Im sure hagdorn will have the inside word tomorrow.
Hoping for a dramatic 'worse than being led on' 'not a calf' so we can all sleep easy

But really jk. If ur only out for 3 weeks with a calf and u went off like that you need to hand in your country wa boy card.

But it is only 2 games. If Shuey stays healthy and if (it is a big if I know) Jetta plays most games like he played yesterday then Kennedy will still win the Coleman without any issues.
There's a lot more competition for the Coleman this year than the last 2 years though, with Cameron, Franklin and Betts only within 3 goals of the lead, so missing even 2 games could probably kill your chances. It might remain close for the rest of the season, unless some of them have a drop in form or miss some games as well. If he's any chance to get back in it, he'll probably need to kick some big bags once he returns to make up the difference, as he could potentially be more than 6 goals behind the lead by then. Really happy that he might only miss 2 games, but still pretty disappointing that he will probably miss out on a 3rd Coleman in a row, along with AA selection. :(

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't simmo say JK heard a pop? That, combined with the way JK dropped makes me doubtful it's just a strain.

Did a quick google.

"A torn calf muscle is similar to an Achilles tendon tear or rupture, but occurs higher up in the back of the leg. A sign of a torn calf muscle is similar to that of an Achilles tendon rupture. You may think you've just been hit in the leg and potentially hear a "pop." There is sudden pain at the back of the calf."

Last edited:
Did a quick google.

"A torn calf muscle is similar to an Achilles tendon tear or rupture, but occurs higher up in the back of the leg. A sign of a torn calf muscle is similar to that of an Achilles tendon rupture. You may think you've just been hit in the leg and potentially hear a "pop." There is sudden pain at the back of the calf."

A torn calf muscle is not a 3 week injury.

Which is why I think he'll be longer than the 3 weeks.
  • A “pop” or hear a “pop” sound at the time of injury (with a Grade 3 calf strain).
  • Grade 3. A severe tear of the muscle fibers, sometimes a complete muscle tear. A “popping” sound may be heard or felt when the injury occurs. Bruising is apparent, and sometimes a “dent” in the muscle where it is torn is visible beneath the skin. Use of the leg is extremely difficult, and putting weight on the leg is very painful.
From everything I've read before pops are common with grade 3's but I haven't read anything that says a pop is common for a grade 1 strain which is the time frame they've given for Kennedy. Either it did pop and he's just incredibly lucky it somehow wasn't a grade 3 or the club is bullshitting us. If it's the latter, we won't see him again for possibly a few months.

Josh Kennedy and Harley Bennell have reportedly been seen in the same state!!! Both thought to be suffering calf injuries.

Agree. I put up with pain there for ages before getting scans that showed a small gastrocnemius tear (calf tear).
I thought it was sciatica or something as my hip flexor, glute, hamstring & calf etc are as flexible as concrete. Daily pain relief cream just wasn't cutting it.
Most tears will heal in time.

2 seasons ago, Kennedy got over a season ending arm injury in a week so his healing powers are better than mine.

Could be a blessing....

Will make the forward line far less predictable. Also hoping Darling will step up and play more like his 2nd (?) year when JK was out.

Lots of opportunities for guys to step up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back