Analysis the Josh Treacy effect

Remove this Banner Ad

I overlayed a photo of Big Cohuna holding a Sherrin, over a pic of Pav holding a Sherrin, halved the opacity on Treacy's pic and matched the Sherrins size for size, then dragged Josh's hand over Pav's and they are exactly the same size.

So unless I'm mistaken, there's no reason he can't win 6 Doig's and 6 All-Australian's with those mits.
You have scienced the shit out of it.

I overlayed a photo of Big Cohuna holding a Sherrin, over a pic of Pav holding a Sherrin, halved the opacity on Treacy's pic and matched the Sherrins size for size, then dragged Josh's hand over Pav's and they are exactly the same size.

So unless I'm mistaken, there's no reason he can't win 6 Doig's and 6 All-Australian's with those mits.
Can you do the same but with Michael Jordan's hand, then we will know if he will be an international mega star.

I love Taberner and Lobb (not so much recently) still..

But with Treacy I've realised how relaxing it is to watch a tall forward take set shots again, who doesn't look void of confidence in the face every time and making me not feel confident when watching. 18 and drop punts only. The one positive for us in regards to COVID.

Would Lobb not be mortified watching an 18 yo kicking drop punts so accurately and him paid about a tenth of what Lobb earns?

We definitely need to restructure payments around goals kicked. Treacy could become our highest paid player and win the Coleman in the coming years.

Yeah no way he goes Rookie if he played last year. No idea how high, but I'd say at least top 40.
Would have him top 20 easily right now.
He’s the real deal. One of the few positives from another injury shitshow season.
Struggling to think of 15 players from last years draft Id take ahead of him.
It’s a total piece of luck but I think we found a high quality key forward here via Covid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Treacy is more important to our future than Cerra. If cerra leaves, we can always go for another mid. 4 years of development down the drain, but vic clubs do pay up for these young fellas
Well I doubt he'd actually be looking at Carlton, unless he is a masochist. They were the only "strong" rumour.

I still think it's all a bargaining tool and he was always staying.

Hope you guys don't mind the intrusion. This guy (along with Callow) were right up there on my draft wish list for Richmond last year.

Absolutely stoked to see him playing well for you guys, he's a good kid and imagine how good he'll be commanding your forward line over the next decade.

I'd still like to see him spend a bit of time in the back line to develop his defensive side.
As long as he can kick goals from CHB I'm OK with this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back