Who exactly is going to end up the best Port midfielder?

Remove this Banner Ad

All 3 are great in their own way, Butters, Rozee & JHF that's what makes them dangerous & dynamic.

If I was a Port supporter, I would be disappointed if this team doesn't go on to win a flag in the next few years.

They need to get things right trade wise. I see their forward line as the weak link, I think they have somewhat addressed the backline & ruck where it can be competitive with most teams.

All 3 are great in their own way, Butters, Rozee & JHF that's what makes them dangerous & dynamic.

If I was a Port supporter, I would be disappointed if this team doesn't go on to win a flag in the next few years.

They need to get things right trade wise. I see their forward line as the weak link, I think they have somewhat addressed the backline & ruck where it can be competitive with most teams.
Not sure we need to trade to fix our forward line. We need a) better coaching, and b) the bloke who came back from an ACL last night to stay fit and fulfil his massive potential.

On talent, I'm more than happy lining up Marshall, Georgiades, Finlayson, Rioli, SPP and DBJ against Mihocek, Cox, Frampton, Elliott, Hill and McCreery.

It’s got to be JHF the other two are incredibly good but JHF pretty much has it all.

Just to needs to build his tank now. What’s so scary about JHF is he can put up huge numbers despite being unfit. Other players who’ve struggled with their tank early don’t play half as well as he has.

JHF just needs to build his tank and go from 65% game time to 80%.

Once he does he will be the best player in the comp. He is a Nathan Buckley clone.

Incredible appetite for the contest. Courageous. Sublime skills on the outside. Power and speed to burst out of stoppage.

He might not be the best two way runner but he has Drew and Butters to do the dirty work for him.

Port made out like bandits.

Rozee, Butters, Horne-Francis and Drew are young and look like they could be a hell of a midfield quartet going forward, there are a few good groups around >

Oliver, Petracca, Viney, Langdon.
Pendlebury, De Goey, Daicos, Sidebottom.
Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, Ashcroft.
Walsh, Cripps, Hewitt, Cerra.
T.Green, Kelly, Coniglio, Ward.
Heeney, Gulden, Mills, Warner.

Premierships will be the measure of how good a group any of those are... so Pies and Demons in front at the moment, long way to go to match the GOAT quartet though.

View attachment 1951318
Bruhn, Holmes, Dempsey, Clark.
They'll win more silverware than any of the current midfields you listed, especially with Conway in the ruck.

They'll win more silverware than any of the current midfields you listed, especially with Conway in the ruck.
Not one of those players would even start in Port's midfield.

We've all got high hopes for that group, and they'll get their flowers when they're in their prime...but Ports midfield is generational. It's a different discussion all together.

They genuinely could end up as the greatest midfield trio of all time, and that's not an exaggeration. Got a West Coast, Brisbane, & Geelong of the early 2000s ceiling.

We'd need to pick up the next Dangerfield/Judd to close that gap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The correct answer is JHF.

All 3 will be top 10 midfielders though which is pretty crazy when you think about it.
How's this for crazy.
AFL Media

"Furthermore, Port Adelaide has quality in depth behind its elite trio of Rozee, Butters and Horne-Francis. In fact, it's actually the team's fourth option Willem Drew who leads all Power players for AFL Player Ratings points this season.

Drew's average of 19.2 AFL Player Ratings points per game is marginally ahead of Butters (19.0 per game) and also clears both Horne-Francis (18.0 per game) and Rozee (16.2 per game)."

And no mention of Boak or Wines either.

Jase has that inbuilt “mongrel” for lack of a better word, mentality.

He’s the type that will drag you over the line, grab the team on his back and when the odds are stacked against you, drag the team forward.

If he continues down the path we can already see he’s entering, he’ll be that player.

Although the other two are excellent in their own right and offer something completely different, he has that added temperament that seperates them.

I am Geelong bias, but I'd take a lot of team's best player for 2-3 of those players. We need Clark and Holmes to elevate a lot before we are in that company.

JHF in for Wines (inj) was a glaring upgrade on last week, I think Rozee, Butters, JHF & Drew is the best mix.

The ability of all three to find space in different ways is very special, JHF can shrug & drop tacklers and doze through, Rozee's quickstep is insane & Butters is slippery and all possess great burst speed.

If you can't get this lot to a flag or two you are a numpty coach.. unfortunately we have one
Call me crazy, but shouldn’t your coach take a fair portion of credit if your club is producing stars?

Not one of those players would even start in Port's midfield.
Holmes has proven himself in finals.
Bruhn, Dempsey and Clark will taste finals soon enough and get to rubber stamp their credentials.

How did Butters, Rozee, Horne-Francis and Drew go in the finals last year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who exactly is going to end up the best Port midfielder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back