The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The GWP fireworks. It is ok but nothing special.
20240710_185911.jpg

Lastly the Arogog spider in the forbidden forest. Cute
20240710_185537.jpg

Aragog goes well with Draco and also the other small forest set. I like the colours in these and the baby spiders are adorable.
20240710_185707.jpg

Think I will do the retro radio next. Not ready for Notre-Dame after Mighty Bowser.

I'm no HP fan. But the Diagon Alley set looks amazing. Might be a purchase for the darl
I have the Diagon Alley set, I must admit I thought it was a bit light on for the money (was $600 now $700 I think). The exteriors though do look awesome, but it is only 16 studs deep, so the interiors lose a little as a result.

If I were doing it now I think I'd buy the newer individual shop sets in preference.

I have the Diagon Alley set, I must admit I thought it was a bit light on for the money (was $600 now $700 I think). The exteriors though do look awesome, but it is only 16 studs deep, so the interiors lose a little as a result.

If I were doing it now I think I'd buy the newer individual shop sets in preference.

Yeah I bought it for $500 almost first up, then read up on it and decided to keep it shelved, sold it about 6 months later for $700 thanks to Lego-flation at the time driving up the price of most new sets and it being out of stock at the time. Not going to complain, obviously.

Picked up the Senna McLaren F1 for just $60 thanks to BigW.

Now Amazon is selling the Technic McLaren for $200. Worth it, folks? Or hang on even longer?
Excellent buy, well done. I think I got mine in the last Target sale, but it was certainly more than that.

The Technic McLaren 42141 is a good buy at around $200 and it's a good build, though very sticker heavy. I think the lowest I've seen it is $190. It's possible of course Amazon could have further discount during prime days from Tuesday next week.

Excellent buy, well done. I think I got mine in the last Target sale, but it was certainly more than that.

The Technic McLaren 42141 is a good buy at around $200 and it's a good build, though very sticker heavy. I think the lowest I've seen it is $190. It's possible of course Amazon could have further discount during prime days from Tuesday next week.

Oh yes, thank you for the reminder and advice! No harm waiting then, and I am sure there will be plenty of warning about retirement (probably next year). I still haven't assembled my Mercedes yet, so was thinking of grabbing the McLaren and making them both during the long summer break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yes, thank you for the reminder and advice! No harm waiting then, and I am sure there will be plenty of warning about retirement (probably next year). I still haven't assembled my Mercedes yet, so was thinking of grabbing the McLaren and making them both during the long summer break.
My only comment would be that the two builds are quite similar (understandable given the subject matter) and you might want to split them up with something different.

My only comment would be that the two builds are quite similar (understandable given the subject matter) and you might want to split them up with something different.

I'll build them up side by side and post it in this thread. :cool:

Yeah i thought it looked a little steep. The lego store had it set up in store as a 2x2, like an apartment, as opposed to 4 buildings long. Looked really cool, might wait till its on sale.

Grrrr... deconstructing a set I built quite a while ago and two pieces broke:mad:

Pretty sure I'll be able to get replacements from Lego but does make me wary given it's actually happened before to me previously.
Yeah, so long as they're still made in that colour you'll be fine with replacements. In my experience this has happened most often with the reddish brown pieces (not sure what the official colour is).

Unfortunately the pieces don't last forever (unlike our bloody coach) and if a set has been on display for a long time they can get brittle.

Amazon prime days from today until the weekend - some reasonable discounts on selected sets (eg Bowser $276 and Ideas D&D $372). There may also be some "lightning" offers during the week. Lego.com has a new GWP, the Candy Store, 2x points on selected themes and some discounts on older sets. The Certified Stores have a Christmas bundle today and tomorrow. Target's 20% off sale is still on, David Jones, Myer and Big W each have a selected range at around 20% off.

Hopefully there's something for everyone in all that.

EDIT : Already been an amazon update - they've added The Milky Way at $239 (first time I've seen this discounted)

Last edited:

The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back