The Liberal Party’s slavish adherence to the IPA manifesto.

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of really good stuff there! Some not so good and a couple if howlers. Love the comments that theres no equivalent voice on the left. The ABC says hi!
ABC =/= the IPA.

The IPA founded the Liberal party, ensured the continuing media monopoly by the Packers and the Murdochs (Kerry Stokes and Gina Rineheart in a modern context) and has been the ideological source for the Libs the entire duration of their existence.

The ABC has been critical of the Labor party whenever it has achieved power, usually on the basis of balance; because, as you very well know, they haven't been found biased by any number of audits. Further, since Buttrose took over they have ran a much more critical ship of Labor than they have the sitting government, and have assisted in shaping a) the narrative surrounding the Coalition's failures in the bushfires, the slipping economy, and the Coronavirus and b) critical of Labor in opposition.

One group is a political lobby with profound influence over one side of politics, as the key members provide almost complete funding for the Libs; another is a broadcaster being forced to run their government mandated unbiased coverage, who have been undermined for the last 24 years with underfunding, cutting those of the incorrect ethos, and the placing of liberal party sycophants.

You can very much see that this is not like for like at all.

ABC =/= the IPA.

The IPA founded the Liberal party, ensured the continuing media monopoly by the Packers and the Murdochs (Kerry Stokes and Gina Rineheart in a modern context) and has been the ideological source for the Libs the entire duration of their existence.

The ABC has been critical of the Labor party whenever it has achieved power, usually on the basis of balance; because, as you very well know, they haven't been found biased by any number of audits. Further, since Buttrose took over they have ran a much more critical ship of Labor than they have the sitting government, and have assisted in shaping a) the narrative surrounding the Coalition's failures in the bushfires, the slipping economy, and the Coronavirus and b) critical of Labor in opposition.

One group is a political lobby with profound influence over one side of politics, as the key members provide almost complete funding for the Libs; another is a broadcaster being forced to run their government mandated unbiased coverage, who have been undermined for the last 24 years with underfunding, cutting those of the incorrect ethos, and the placing of liberal party sycophants.

The stone truth in four paragraphs. Excellent post!

ABC =/= the IPA.

You honestly reckon the Liberals have a media monopoly and that the ABC isn't biased?!

Both of those assertions are wrong.

The ABC is a billion dollar far left megahorn.

You honestly reckon the Liberals have a media monopoly and that the ABC isn't biased?!

I mean, when the IPA was formed, the media in this country was owned by Rupert Murdoch and Frank Packer. Between the two of them, they got government elected repeatedly, were the first to obtain TV and radio licences, and maintain a presence in all markets to this day; they obtained government via the party they formed to act in their interests, and they maintain their monopoly.

I mean, at present, News Corp owns 64.2% of the total print media in Australia, with Channel 9 owned media owning a further 26.4%; this, a Channel 9 which has hosted Liberal party functions in their offices. Channel 7 - and Kerry Stokes, another mining billionaire - represents another union of right wing conservative press ownership, as does Gina Rineheart's part ownership of Channel 10 and Fairfax.

I mean, when I say that the IPA has members scattered across the media and that they owned and continue to own a majority of the media in Australia, that the IPA has members scattered across the media and that these people owned and continue to own a majority of the media in Australia. These are not words I've chosen without consideration; all of this information can be sourced from a google search, and each of these facts is referenced where I found them.

Becoming a hurrdurrism this

A lot of really good stuff there! Some not so good and a couple if howlers. Love the comments that theres no equivalent voice on the left. The ABC says hi!
Id like you to show me anything the abc has done that's even slightly equivalent to...

KICK THIS MOB OUT

5B831655-6D69-4F0D-B446-7419109126C0.jpeg

Last edited:
Again with the imaginary "far left" :rolleyes:
I picture that scene in hunt for red october with them singing the anthem.

Along with the corollary to the “kick this mob out” id also invite Balls In to show the abc show that called for the nationalisation of all industry.

after all thats what the far left is all about....

Yep theres no far lefties hereabouts judging the histerical overreaction to my post supporting many of the IPA stated goals, disagreeing with some of them, and straight out rejecting the others. Some wag even suggested the media is slanted right wing!

Last edited:
Yep theres no far lefties hereabouts judging the histerical overreaction to my post supporting many of the IPA stated goals, disagreeing with some of them, and straight out rejecting the others. Some wag suggested the media is slanted right wing!
It's all of 4 posts above yours, on the same page. You don't have to pretend a post doesn't exist because you can't argue with it.

It's okay; this is a safe space. No judgement.

Yep theres no far lefties hereabouts judging the histerical overreaction to my post supporting many of the IPA stated goals, disagreeing with some of them, and straight out rejecting the others. Some wag even suggested the media is slanted right wing!
The far left advocates government ownership of all industries.

are you sure its not just left you are talking about - i mean shit mate i own my own business - not super keen on the government muscling in on me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all of 4 posts above yours, on the same page. You don't have to pretend a post doesn't exist because you can't argue with it.

It's okay; this is a safe space. No judgement.
Someone else even claimed the ABC is unbiased! Yes I cant argue this "fact". The argument that current media is biased to conservatives started by dropping Frank Packers name... hasnt he been dead 30 years? Kerry, pushing 10 years? Rupert owns 65% of print media (excluding the ABC)? I'm stumped arguing these facts.

Someone else even claimed the ABC is unbiased! Yes I cant argue this "fact". The argument that current media is biased to conservatives started by dropping Frank Packers name... hasnt he been dead 30 years? Kerry, pushing 10 years? Rupert owns 65% of print media (excluding the ABC)? I'm stumped arguing these facts.
So how you explain the fact of the multiple enquiries into the ABC (most of them called by the Coalition BTW) that have found no bias, or a slight bias to the right?

Just saying bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias doesn't make the object of your ire biased. You need something more than magic spells pal.

Maye best you just learn to appreciate the ABC as the amazing institution that it is. Much loved by the majority of Australians, you outsider you.

Someone else even claimed the ABC is unbiased! Yes I cant argue this "fact". The argument that current media is biased to conservatives started by dropping Frank Packers name... hasnt he been dead 30 years? Kerry, pushing 10 years? Rupert owns 65% of print media (excluding the ABC)?
... because Kerry's little empire began with Frank, even if it ended with James's divesting himself of his father's media wing. History moves in one direction.

And, again, if you followed what I actually wrote - you know, all of 4 posts above your reply to this thread - you'd note that between 9 media - which is what's left of Frank and Kerry's empire - and Newscorp they own 90.8% of print media, that Kerry Stokes owns channel 7, that Gina owns part of Fairfax (part of the remaining 9.2%) and part of channel 10, and that the current chairman of channel 9 is Peter Costello, and that channel 9 HQ in Melbourne has hosted Liberal party functions.

Look. You're not unreasonable, insofar as you don't agree with what I'm saying. I'm not going to dispute with you that the ABC's biased; not because it is, but because there is Buckley's chance I'd convince you it isn't. All I'm asking of you is to acknowledge the fact that the mainstream media - which means the FTA channels, the print media, and pay TV news - is owned by members of the IPA, which is a matter not of partisanship but of fact.

Last edited:
The ABC has been audited over and over again every time Pauline or Abbott or someone gets their rage on about it. Every time it has been independently judged unbiased.

The Murdoch media is privately owned and therefore doesn't have to make a pretence of not being biased.

I assume you're just being argumentative for the sake of it but if you set your middle point where the IPA is and judge everything slightly more inclusive as far left then you need to recalibrate your political compass. If the IPA got their way we would be living in a less compassionate version of facism. One where the Government is nothing more than a facade for the interests of billionaires.

... because Kerry's little empire began with Frank, even if it ended with James's divesting himself of his father's media wing. History moves in one direction.

And, again, if you followed what I actually wrote - you know, all of 4 posts above your reply to this thread - you'd note that between 9 media - which is what's left of Frank and Kerry's empire - and Newscorp they own 90.8% of print media, that Kerry Stokes owns channel 7, that Gina owns part of Fairfax (part of the remaining 9.2%) and part of channel 10, and that the current chairman of channel 9 is Peter Costello, and that channel 9 HQ in Melbourne has hosted Liberal party functions.

Look. You're not unreasonable, insofar as you don't agree with what I'm saying. I'm not going to dispute with you that the ABC's biased; not because it is, but because there is Buckley's chance I'd convince you it isn't. All I'm asking of you is to acknowledge the fact that the mainstream media - which means the FTA channels, the print media, and pay TV news - is owned by members of the IPA, which is a matter not of partisanship but of fact.
Fair enough dude

A good listen for an update on the IPA and other "think tanks" - including a new one kicking off in Perth:

"This week we have a yarn with journalist Lucy Hamilton about the Atlas Network and junk tanks."

Remove this Banner Ad

The Liberal Party’s slavish adherence to the IPA manifesto.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back