Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

You get it

You're making a facetious argument attributing the splintered streaming cost to Disney when it's the collective at fault. It still doesn't make any sense of your complaining about the cost of Disney+ as a standalone product when it's the cheapest on the market.

You're making a facetious argument attributing the splintered streaming cost to Disney when it's the collective at fault. It still doesn't make any sense of your complaining about the cost of Disney+ as a standalone product when it's the cheapest on the market.

No I am not blaming Disney

I am simply arguing as ^ Mod posted that the saturation of ‘just $x’ is eventually going to come undone because they all add up. Wouldn’t be surprised if Stan subs drop off considering their meh content

Error Code 82...would be a great name for a band...

Once I gave up trying to Bluetooth the tv from the laptop, I sat down at the kitchen table and got through the first two episodes...

I'm a little disappointed, but hopeful the concept wins through and they produce a rock solid show...The Orville jumped a mile in season 2, so hopefully this show does that quicker...

Pros:
1) It exists. A live action show full of Mandalorians and rough edges. What's not to get excited about. Be nice if each episode was an hour long...
2) Great effects.
3) The story is already interesting.
4) His ship is close enough to the same one Jango has in the PS2 Bounty Hunter game before he steals Slave 1...tip of the hat to the diehard fans...

Cons:
1) The Mandalorians are supposed to be a race of super soldiers. They are GL's exact words around 1980. The sandcrawler battle was anything but - the character looked about as athletic as me once I've downed the entire JD 6-pack and started playing chasies with the kids at the barbie. He's a bounty hunter with a top shelf price tag and reputation. He's a Mandalorian - where are the flame throwers, wrist darts, jet packs, helmet mounted scanning devices...you might conveniently say they got flogged by the Jawas, but 1) he went on the job with IG-88 without them, and 2) he never had them before or after. If I was forking out for this bloke, I'd want him to bring his tools to work...this is not at the level of a kid forgetting his biro for class (my daily chagrin). Easy to knock over even for Jawas, and he can't ride a horse or whatever the f### that thing was. Plus his battle with the space rhino outside the cave...he gave up and prepared to meet his maker with no thought of bullfighting sidesteps or even climbing a nearby rock, which is how I escape killer beasts in Assassin's Creed...and the knife he killed the beast with...I wouldn't even use that to carve up a red pepper...
2) Plot hole - he's on a job that is off the grid, and yet he complains that the Guild f###ed up allocating more than one bounty hunter to it. Is it off the books or not? Noone else was supposed to know...
3) The one thing SW belts Star Trek out of the park with is their depiction of aliens and alien cultures. They have always paid great attention to languages in particular, and they all have accents that sound reasonably different. Until now - the blue gilled guy in the first 5 minutes. He sounded like an annoying American tourist, and would have fit right in with every series of Star Trek because all of their aliens speak like drama school graduates. That character was the first impression of what will be a huge Disney gamble with several spin-off live series' of the biggest story franchise in history - hope we never see that again...

I think they need to make this guy's mannerisms a lot more military-like, even though the vibe of the show is very western. The idea of the Mandalorian characters throughout the entire SW franchise since 1980 has always been a very cool one, but they've been treated very badly. Jango died because his jetpack was broken by a space cow, and after standing still with his arms folded for a movie and a half, Boba was killed by a blind guy with a broomstick. The toughest one is the cartoon chick on Rebels! Just make him f###ing good at his job, not superhero but moderately superhuman (the athleticism of the bad guy Daniel Craig's Bond character chases through the construction site in one of the first two Bond movies, or the guy Bruce Willis calls a squirrel in the last Die Hard...something closer to that...not Jedi, but not average pleb either...how hard can it be, it's not like his stunt double has to be a lookalike...!) and let him wrestle with his culture, his conscience and a universe of other dangerous bad guys for story variation...
Episode 3 will satisfy some of your complaints.

Boba and Jango were not Mandalorians.

No I am not blaming Disney

I am simply arguing as ^ Mod posted that the saturation of ‘just $x’ is eventually going to come undone because they all add up. Wouldn’t be surprised if Stan subs drop off considering their meh content

Which was my point, it's supply and demand. Stan subs drop they either merge or slash their price or die. Same with Netflix, Amazon, etc. Welcome to capitalism.

If you're not blaming Disney, then saying that it doesn't cost just $8 for Disney is wrong. That is what it costs.

Error Code 82...would be a great name for a band...

Once I gave up trying to Bluetooth the tv from the laptop, I sat down at the kitchen table and got through the first two episodes...

I'm a little disappointed, but hopeful the concept wins through and they produce a rock solid show...The Orville jumped a mile in season 2, so hopefully this show does that quicker...

Pros:
1) It exists. A live action show full of Mandalorians and rough edges. What's not to get excited about. Be nice if each episode was an hour long...
2) Great effects.
3) The story is already interesting.
4) His ship is close enough to the same one Jango has in the PS2 Bounty Hunter game before he steals Slave 1...tip of the hat to the diehard fans...

Cons:
1) The Mandalorians are supposed to be a race of super soldiers. They are GL's exact words around 1980. The sandcrawler battle was anything but - the character looked about as athletic as me once I've downed the entire JD 6-pack and started playing chasies with the kids at the barbie. He's a bounty hunter with a top shelf price tag and reputation. He's a Mandalorian - where are the flame throwers, wrist darts, jet packs, helmet mounted scanning devices...you might conveniently say they got flogged by the Jawas, but 1) he went on the job with IG-88 without them, and 2) he never had them before or after. If I was forking out for this bloke, I'd want him to bring his tools to work...this is not at the level of a kid forgetting his biro for class (my daily chagrin). Easy to knock over even for Jawas, and he can't ride a horse or whatever the f### that thing was. Plus his battle with the space rhino outside the cave...he gave up and prepared to meet his maker with no thought of bullfighting sidesteps or even climbing a nearby rock, which is how I escape killer beasts in Assassin's Creed...and the knife he killed the beast with...I wouldn't even use that to carve up a red pepper...
2) Plot hole - he's on a job that is off the grid, and yet he complains that the Guild f###ed up allocating more than one bounty hunter to it. Is it off the books or not? Noone else was supposed to know...
3) The one thing SW belts Star Trek out of the park with is their depiction of aliens and alien cultures. They have always paid great attention to languages in particular, and they all have accents that sound reasonably different. Until now - the blue gilled guy in the first 5 minutes. He sounded like an annoying American tourist, and would have fit right in with every series of Star Trek because all of their aliens speak like drama school graduates. That character was the first impression of what will be a huge Disney gamble with several spin-off live series' of the biggest story franchise in history - hope we never see that again...

I think they need to make this guy's mannerisms a lot more military-like, even though the vibe of the show is very western. The idea of the Mandalorian characters throughout the entire SW franchise since 1980 has always been a very cool one, but they've been treated very badly. Jango died because his jetpack was broken by a space cow, and after standing still with his arms folded for a movie and a half, Boba was killed by a blind guy with a broomstick. The toughest one is the cartoon chick on Rebels! Just make him f###ing good at his job, not superhero but moderately superhuman (the athleticism of the bad guy Daniel Craig's Bond character chases through the construction site in one of the first two Bond movies, or the guy Bruce Willis calls a squirrel in the last Die Hard...something closer to that...not Jedi, but not average pleb either...how hard can it be, it's not like his stunt double has to be a lookalike...!) and let him wrestle with his culture, his conscience and a universe of other dangerous bad guys for story variation...

Also he does have a flamethrower and other weapons, he bloody disintegrates Jawas in ep 2 lol.

Which was my point, it's supply and demand. Stan subs drop they either merge or slash their price or die. Same with Netflix, Amazon, etc. Welcome to capitalism.

If you're not blaming Disney, then saying that it doesn't cost just $8 for Disney is wrong. That is what it costs.

Well I have been booted off BF for ping pong arguments like this in the past so I have said enough

Well here’s now the dilemma that is high speed Internet

Let’s push aside torrents for a few minutes

So it’s $8 a month

And then...Netflix, Stan and Kayo and throw in a Music Streaming Service and your looking at $60 a month with the basics

So it’s just not “$8“

Like SM said, yes it just costs $8 a month. Complaining about the costs of multiple other services (which you’re under no obligation to have and you have a choice to do so) is what I would classify as a first world problem.

Sorry but I didn't like it entirely.

The whole Stormtroopers miss every shot shit is played out and tiresome.

Especially the bit where he was surrounded.

Spare me the whole 1 vs army bullshit. I'm sure others like it but bleh

Like SM said, yes it just costs $8 a month. Complaining about the costs of multiple other services (which you’re under no obligation to have and you have a choice to do so) is what I would classify as a first world problem.

Thanks for your insightful contribution

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for your insightful contribution

Just a friendly aside, comments like this might be why you get booted off BF, rather than the above discussions.

Jango is from a Mando planet.

By the way they seem to be growing the lore there are 2 types of Mandos.

Born and Foundings.

Judging by the talk of the purge it seems there aren't many born ones left.

Jango wasn't a Foundling either, he just stole the armour. This was Legends and new canon.

Not disagreeing but hey let’s close BF down if we are going to nit pick about whether posts are ‘first world problems’...have a visit up at some Forums above
Zero to do with the thread.

I would suggest complaining on the Disney Plus thread but I follow it and don't want to see it.

Didn't say he was a founding.

Wasn't he born on Concord Dawn a Mando planet?

I'm not too deep into the comics in all honesty, but yes he was born on Concord Dawn, and I'm pretty sure there's a reason why that means he's not actually a Mandalorian.

oh btw, just on female characters, theres a chance the baby yoda is

Doctor refers to it as a 'he'.

Ahhh, no, cluttering up threads with irrelevance to the thread title was the issue. Surprised it hasn’t happened to you?

More mean the snide comments to people, just like this one.

I'm not too deep into the comics in all honesty, but yes he was born on Concord Dawn, and I'm pretty sure there's a reason why that means he's not actually a Mandalorian.

Doctor refers to it as a 'he'.

More mean the snide comments to people, just like this one.
It’s a genuine question

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back