Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyfe: “There was a pre-season training match where Serong had about six possessions on me in about five minutes, and I hadn’t touched it. I decided to go and actually tag him so I could get myself closer to the ball."

Love his honesty.

Fyfe: “There was a pre-season training match where Serong had about six possessions on me in about five minutes, and I hadn’t touched it. I decided to go and actually tag him so I could get myself closer to the ball."

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good article by Schmooky - although I wish he'd stop always using West Coast and their players for comparisons.

That venture into the WC was forcibly crammed into there too. It actually warped the story to fit that in. There are plenty of the top teams that don't rely on that. It also contradicts Longmuir's stated intent with personnel adjustments.

Rumour has is that Hackdorn has been giving the @r$e from 91.3. Can’t find the Twitter post now, but the intel is out there...

I heard this morning that they had mutually parted company.

Whose call it was I don’t know but he’ll either be going back to 6PR or my worry is he might be heading to SEN who are setting up SENWA. I like listening to SEN but if I am forced to listen to him I’ll stick knitting needles in my ears 😩

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a good piece, but we have 40+ players on the list & it doesn’t excuse poor skill execution.
I’m happy to lose to better teams, but we shot ourselves in the foot in the first 10 minutes of that game & chased the game from then on.
He’s giving us an excuse without highlighting our failures, which I presume maybe in the game summary.

That’s a good piece, but we have 40+ players on the list & it doesn’t excuse poor skill execution.
I’m happy to lose to better teams, but we shot ourselves in the foot in the first 10 minutes of that game & chased the game from then on.
He’s giving us an excuse without highlighting our failures, which I presume maybe in the game summary.
Our biggest failure is having no idea how to address our failures, and just being stuck in rinse and repeat mode.

Can anyone with a West Digital subscription post screenshots of the Freo-related articles that are website only?

AFL great Garry Lyon has taken aim at the Dockers, labelling the side that lost to Melbourne “as weak a Fremantle team as you’ll ever see”.
It’s harsh criticism for the Dockers who failed to kick a goal in the opening term, giving the Demons a five-goal head-start at the MCG.
Fremantle ended up winning both the second and third terms before falling to a 22-point loss.

Speaking on SEN, Lyon had some harsh feedback for the Dockers in round one.
“I thought the game was horrible,” he said.
“I was surprised at just how undermanned Fremantle were.
“That Fremantle side was just a real poor side and yet in the first five or 10 minutes, they had an opportunity to put four or five goals on the board … they didn’t.
“The third quarter they kicked ball out of bounds on the full three times when they went inside 50.
“That’s as weak a Fremantle team as you’ll ever see.”
The Dockers lost luckless defender [PLAYERCARD]Alex Pearce[/PLAYERCARD] to a knee injury in the second term.
The Dockers lost luckless defender Alex Pearce to a knee injury in the second term. Credit: Dylan Burns/AFL Photos
FoxFooty commentator David King said Fremantle needed to respond at home against GWS this weekend, or be out of the running for finals by round two.
“If you start 0-2, there’s a high likelihood you’re not playing finals,” he revealed on the First Crack podcast.
“Since 2010, 58 teams have started 0-2.
“Only five have made finals — Dogs last year, Essendon in 2019, Magpies in 2018 and Sydney in ‘14, and ‘17.
“No one’s won the flag starting 0-2.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back