The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This bloody team. Every season they do this. Beat someone higher up, get me excited, then serve up a pile of shit the very next game against a team they should beat. Always build us up just to let us down. Made the finals a lot more difficult, but I think on paper our squad should be in there. Just not sure about JVS now

We have always been a side that's run hot and cold, disappointing but after 5 years I think I'm just used to it. Plus, we never beat those Coasters, even after going 2 up earlier this year.

I'd still think 6th is realistic given our run home, any less than that and we should start looking around for a replacement for JvS. The youth coach isn't a bad bet, but the last one we elevated to the top job was a bit of a disaster!

Get City to bring in Pellegrini as a replacement for JVS, we have a damn good team (bar defence) and should be top 4 not trying to finish 6th.
Rubbish.
We have had the record number of injuries this year, to key players, and have not yet named an unchanged lineup from 1 week to the next all year.
Our best player is likely the only guy to play every game this year (Kisnorbo)
It is not the coach.
But selecting so many 30+ yo's can't help.
Koren
Kennedy
Paartalu
Duff
Wielaert
Garuccio
Melling
Chapman
Mauk
Velaphi.
Brown
How is that list for starters? They have ALL missed significant numbers of games by injury/illness. Most of those injuries are traumatic, not soft tissue overload ones
Some on our list will clearly not be in the LT planning of the City development ideas.

Get City to bring in Pellegrini as a replacement for JVS, we have a damn good team (bar defence) and should be top 4 not trying to finish 6th.

Defence isn't going to get any better with MP in charge unfortunately.

I think it's just a matter of time, lose the contracted players that aren't really good enough. Get a few more of the Melling/Chapman types. Get a contribution from both marquee players (very little so far this season) and I think there is going to be a big improvement regardless of who is in charge.

Defence isn't going to get any better with MP in charge unfortunately.

I think it's just a matter of time, lose the contracted players that aren't really good enough. Get a few more of the Melling/Chapman types. Get a contribution from both marquee players (very little so far this season) and I think there is going to be a big improvement regardless of who is in charge.
Spot-on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact he did touch the ref way after the ******* tackle and after he had just gotten away with a possible foul is infuriating.
What foul did he do and it wasn't way after. It was seconds.

Seriously.... What is City about. There is no flow to our game. We dont stand for anything. I didnt expect much when I started to follow heart but I expected more than this.

LOL at our own ability to **** things up yet again. It's actually happening so often it's becoming some kind of sick joke.

I really wish I hadn't chosen Heart sometimes.
It's a painful club to support without a doubt.

Frustrating.

What foul did he do and it wasn't way after. It was seconds.

It was way after the penalty in the sense that the penalty had been taken at least a couple of minutes (possible exaggeration on my part in post before) previously. The possible foul was that he clipped a WSW player in the head after his failed turn.

We also have a very good side. When we are at our best we are unbeatable. However we aren't even close to bring consistent.

We can dominate games and lose badly.

Big changes needed.

It was way after the penalty in the sense that the penalty had been taken at least a couple of minutes (possible exaggeration on my part in post before) previously. The possible foul was that he clipped a WSW player in the head after his failed turn.
He was pissed off at the slide tackle.
Was never a foul for clipping the head. No way he can pull out.

We really do need to mix things up. As much as I admire, respect and thank JVS for all he has done for us, I would not be against changing up the coach. We really need to show some kind of improvement....just occasionally...

Remove this Banner Ad

The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back