The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't worry, you guys are fine. Glory are just that good :)

It's not the Glory result that has me worried.

We lost a lot of cattle and I really don't rate Aloisi at all.

Why do I keep reading about this youth policy that Scott Munn keeps banging on about? You guys have one of the oldest teams in the league with 7 players over 30. Shits me to tears.

Selling 3 of our young guns during the offseason probably hasn't helped those statistics. Brought in Garrucio who is 17 and Vrankovic who is 18 but I know what you mean, every club has young ones. I guess the fact that Eli Babalj, Curtis Good & Brendan Hamill were first team regulars is where the 'youth policy' is justified.

If Vrankovic and Garrucio are good enough they'll play too, but you'd like to think that is the same everywhere.

Just because we not every one of our players isn't young doesn't necessarily mean we don't have a youth policy.

I went to your game at Epping. I wouldn't worry too much, I think you're still trying to gel new players and the Glory appeared to be a couple of weeks ahead in preparation.

There are rumours all over Twitter that Heart will announce Vince Grella as its newest signing today.

Fantastic signing, although there will be huge competition for places now with Garcia, Fred, Thompson and Grella as CMs. Grella might allow Garcia and/or Fred to push on a bit more, or they could use Thompson as one of the wingers supporting Macallister/Tadic...

Still, good to see we're finding some great value signings. :)

Germano/Kalmar in the CM's positions as well. I think Grella might be called upon to put in a shift at CB. Dunno if he can play there but he was a DM so I'd think he'd do a pretty good job. If not Thompson could be shifted back as cover where he did pretty well last year. Doubt Grella will be match fit anyway, hasn't really played at all in the last 2 years, he might need 2 months before he can run out a full game.

Having watched him at Blackburn for a few seasons I think Grella has the potential to be a great signing, when the man's playing well he has the capacity to dominate the midfield with his presence. Bit of warning to Heart fans though, he is VERY susceptible to injury, from memory he only played a dozen or so games for us in the last couple of years.

Having watched him at Blackburn for a few seasons I think Grella has the potential to be a great signing, when the man's playing well he has the capacity to dominate the midfield with his presence. Bit of warning to Heart fans though, he is VERY susceptible to injury, from memory he only played a dozen or so games for us in the last couple of years.

Slow and steady - but not too slow as he only has a 1 year deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has anyone made a point about the kit for the heart for the new season?

the black numbers on the red background makes it hard to identify players by number

by either: spectators at the game
commentators

and on tv

the number should really be white

or have a much thicker white outline to make the numbers stand out

has anyone made a point about the kit for the heart for the new season?

the black numbers on the red background makes it hard to identify players by number

by either: spectators at the game
commentators

and on tv

the number should really be white

or have a much thicker white outline to make the numbers stand out

Agreed.

Dumbfounded that this is not obvious to the powers that be.

I expect a change a la Newcastle's gold numbers last year.

I think we are the most boring team in the comp?

Season started so well but it's hard to see how we won't be fighting not to get bottom spot.
We have an old but decent midfield, while I haven't seen that many games would I be right in saying our strikers are nuff?

Dylan Mac is a reject from 3(?) other A-League clubs, Dugandzic is inconsistent, Williams never lived up to hype and Tadic is shit.

Know what we need in January.

We have an old but decent midfield, while I haven't seen that many games would I be right in saying our strikers are nuff?

Dylan Mac is a reject from 3(?) other A-League clubs, Dugandzic is inconsistent, Williams never lived up to hype and Tadic is shit.

Know what we need in January.

I wonder if we are/were a chance to get Kewell. Dunno if he is the answer though.

Our strikeforce stinks at the moment though.

* Disclaimer. As a Heart fan these comments may be blurred by the hangover of yesterdays performance.

For a club that is in desperate need of a bigger fanbase to survive, I think I can safely say this club will be out of the competition by the end of the season unless serious changes are made. Nobody is going to pay to see such a turgid footballing philosophy led by mediocre pensioners.

Anyone else notice that our whole game plan seemed to be for the two centre backs to pass it to each other for a few minutes, and then just hoof it up to their defense?

Need to overhaul the system.
You could put Messi, Rooney, Eto'o, or Tevez up front and they would struggle to score.
Kewell would be useless for us.

Listening to SEN after the game they think that Heart have the best midfield in the A League with Fred, Garcia, and Thompson.
I was fully expecting the rest of the announcers to laugh it off but they didn't.
So how does Grella fit into this midfield?

Garcia is improving every game and so is Gerhardt.
Garuccio had an OK debut for a 17-year old. Went under the radar.

Players are lacking confidence right now.
Need to turn it around this Friday with a win against West Sydney.

It would be nice to see most NSW teams lose in week 5 after they all won in week 4.
It all starts with the Heart!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back