The Melbourne Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I havent finished yet mate!. Ive now had 3 first 4's and two trif's. I WAS over $200 up but ive put on about $70 worth of bets for the last 5 races. Which is a heap in front for me , i think i started with about $40?.

So this is as of after race 5.

All i know is that i got the first leg of the quad (fav, boo) , also got the F4 in that race too!:thumbsu:

Ive paused the tv to put on the rest of my trif's and F4's for the rest of the card so ill go and watch the 2nd leg of the quad now.

Hopefully im a winner. Later mate.

This doesn't look like it will be to good of a Melbourne Cup field , not one of the big guns got thru. One dog that got thru the thing that won mantra lads race was 200-1 fixed odds before the heats and hes now in the final.

Yeah the other race with el galo & queen lauryn looks a bit stronger. Does anyone think el galo can get beaten again?. He didnt really have any excuses last week?. He was well in front, didnt seem to have too bad a run and was run down easily in the end. Maybe that was the 2-3 weeks he had off before the race with the positive swab?. I think he would have been a good thing in the cup but not so sure he is in the 'easier' race!.

I liked nitro burst in the cup earlier in the week and i probably shouldnt change my mind but i will. I like hanifys impact, will be a street in front at some stage. Its just a matter of holding on and i think he can. He's going to give a good sight either way. He wont have the class of queen lauryn trying to chase him down or el galo trying to fight with him for the lead, he'll get it easily and win.
Looks like a good card to bet on , so good luck!.

1st Nitro Burst- knows how to win
2nd Hanifys Impact- good early speed, will be leading at the distance boxes
3rd Amity Bale- always a roughie up there in the group races
4th Made to Size
5th Surgeon- was found to be sore after the heat win, prepared to risk him
6th Teaman Titch
7th Kendall Bale
8th Velocette

Teaman titch can win, has a 29.70 at sandown, surgeon has the best track sense out of the field and velocette was the most impressive heat winner.

cant wait for the big race.

What an embarrassing race. I know interference is part and parcel of greyhound racing but once a year punters look at that and think 'why bother'.

While Im at it, I was out there and couldnt hear the call on the PA during the race but have since heard it, we've got a gun greyhound caller in Ron Hawkswell but he's been pushed aside at Sandown so Rob Testa can call. And his Cup call was horrible. Didnt capture any of the moment - from start to finish. The savaging didnt even cop a mention.

GRV

So Surgeon has been suspended for 28 days.

Does anyone know anymore about this?
Further, Stewards issued a warning to Trainer Mr. Jason Thompson regarding his comments and conduct behind the boxes at the conclusion of Race 8 – the Melbourne Cup. Also, Stewards reminded licensed person Miss Seona Hood (handler of Hanify’s Impact) of her responsibilities regarding her comments behind the boxes at the conclusion of Race 8.

If the 8 can catch the leader, try the Mike Tyson, chew the ear off and still salute then he is a bloody good dog.

Jason Thompson should worry about his own kennel and ensure his dogs dont return positive swabs!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ron Hawkswell has to be the worst caller in the country:eek::eek:

Surgeon is one of the quickest dogs i have ever seen. If he didn't want to fight every dog he sees he would be atleast the equal if not better than Brett Lee. Big statement but true imo:thumbsu:

What an embarrassing race. I know interference is part and parcel of greyhound racing but once a year punters look at that and think 'why bother'.

While Im at it, I was out there and couldnt hear the call on the PA during the race but have since heard it, we've got a gun greyhound caller in Ron Hawkswell but he's been pushed aside at Sandown so Rob Testa can call. And his Cup call was horrible. Didnt capture any of the moment - from start to finish. The savaging didnt even cop a mention.

Racecallers aren't supposed to mention fighting when calling. Agree or disagree its just the way it is:thumbsu:

The reason for the incident post race behind the boxes is that everyone knows Surgeon should never have been allowed to race in the final.

It should've copped time from the heat the week before but the pissweak GRV stewards bent over and took it up the arse.

Then McDonald has the temerity to say post race interview behind the boxes that surgeon "must've jammed his muzzle". :thumbsdown:

Can the dog bite other dogs if it is wearing the muzzel? I was once on a dog and it was going to pass a dog and win, it then decides to bite it and try mount it... They both fall over and a dog from 3rd position wins it. Can someone explain why that trainer was unhappy? Why shouldn't Surgeon have run? I felt sorry for the second dog in the Melbourne Cup, it was like half the size of Surgeon and getting its ear bitten off lol.

Why shouldn't Surgeon have run?

because the week before in the semi it stopped on the Home turn waited for other dogs then ran away again.

That is failing to chase and if you, me or joe blow's greyhound did it anywhere in australia it would immediately get time for doing so. 14 days or 28 days. No if's, and's or buts.

But this is the melbourne cup and we can't have a finalist scratched can we. No we are the pissweak GRV stewards.

Should never have seen the final and made the race a disgrace.

i had a chuckle last week when i read the stewards report last week in surgeons race. He avoided a ticket because the vets claimed he had wrist soreness and that was used as the excuse. My dog failed to chase at sandown earlier in the year and we avoided a ban from vic tracks because my trainer knew the vet and he made up an injury for him.

i had a chuckle last week when i read the stewards report last week in surgeons race. He avoided a ticket because the vets claimed he had wrist soreness and that was used as the excuse. My dog failed to chase at sandown earlier in the year and we avoided a ban from vic tracks because my trainer knew the vet and he made up an injury for him.

If you get away with things, why write about it?

And yes mattkennedy, JT and Mac did go to logerheads with each other.

Unfortunately once the dogs are in the boxes, that's it, they are in thier own little world and decide what to do. SURGEON would have won the race by a mile, he was just trotting along when the incident happened.

At the end of the day, SURGEON is a cat. And that is a real shame.

If i was the owner i would be getting its eyesight checked asap. He has hit the running rail at the meadows, hit the outside fence at Wentworth park and has pulled up a few times then got going again . On Thursday night it wouldn't surprise me if he thought Hannify was the lure.

Cost me the quaddie as i had Hanifys Impact.
My 1st reaction when it happened was protest but then realised it was the dogs ha ha.
Still there should be a rule if a dog does that sort of crap it gets disqualified i mean it can't race again for a month coz of what it did so it should have the race taken off it IMO.

Bloody mutts

Remove this Banner Ad

The Melbourne Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back