No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't what it takes? Collective Bronx cheers every time he gets pinged for HTB, or indeed every time he gets ithe ball? It's not just Bigfooty going mad - you hear it on the street, on the radio, on Facebook, everywhere. It's dialogue filled with vitriol - I don't think anyone wants to see Suban become the next Tom Swift, but it could happen if he keeps getting played regardless of form...
Tom Swift went to medical school...if Suban follows his footsteps we would have...

People need to realise the game has changed. It doesn't matter if you can get 40 touches, or lightning fast if you're a shit kick. You're better off having someone with a good kick get 10-15 touches than ball butcherers having it on a string

This is why Palmer, Barlow, Mzungu, deBoer are gone and Suban isn't. The writing is on the wall for a few other lads too.

I don't what it takes? Collective Bronx cheers every time he gets pinged for HTB, or indeed every time he gets ithe ball? It's not just Bigfooty going mad - you hear it on the street, on the radio, on Facebook, everywhere. It's dialogue filled with vitriol - I don't think anyone wants to see Suban become the next Tom Swift, but it could happen if he keeps getting played regardless of form...
The non fanatical supporters who don't spend every waking moment here discussing the minutia of everything Freo probably like him. You know the ones who are going to turn and ask who is that? when Langdon or Tucker get the ball. Suban is just one of the boys to them.

The non fanatical supporters who don't spend every waking moment here discussing the minutia of everything Freo probably like him. You know the ones who are going to turn and ask who is that? when Langdon or Tucker get the ball. Suban is just one of the boys to them.
I'm not really grasping the concept of supporters who don't spend every waking moment discussing everything Freo. Who are they? Where do they come from?

People need to realise the game has changed. It doesn't matter if you can get 40 touches, or lightning fast if you're a shit kick. You're better off having someone with a good kick get 10-15 touches than ball butcherers having it on a string

This is why Palmer, Barlow, Mzungu, deBoer are gone and Suban isn't. The writing is on the wall for a few other lads too.
Suban's not a good kick

Skills, pace, decisiveness are important, but so is durability.

Fyfes brilliance (for example) is only useful when fit and able to play. Suban is hard as nails and not likely to break down mid game.

Fielding our best team and then being 2 players down at half time will probably see us lose that game.

You can't say he's a good kick either. He just boots it as far as he can.
I'm no fan of Suban's, but in all fairness I've seen him make quite a few good passes in the field. Better than some. He's got a funny little stabbing action sometimes but it seems to work ok.
It's not his kicking which is in question as much as... oh hell, his faults would make a fairly long list.

But the others have it pretty much right, pointing out Suban for bad kicking isn't really all that accurate.
No punt intended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont give a shit re Suban but Crosier and Grey had minimal pre seasons and are not AFL fit . We watched Grey and Crosier spend most of the pre season in rehab. Why play them and take the chance of more injury. Do you know more about them being AFL ready than the coaching panel ?

You dont have to be very fit to get more than 5 touches a game which is what you'd expect out of Suban.

Our midfield is ahead in clearances. Our defenders are giving up a shot on goal 58% of forward 50 entries. They are beyond terrible.

at the half Geelong have scored 7.2.44 from turnovers.... Makes the job of a defender even harder when that's happening up the field.

MJ, Sutcliffe, Lyon out.

Sandilands retirement. Hilarious that people still don't see how much of a burden this guy is. Literally 0 hand eye coordination, which you would think is important for a tap ruckman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back