The Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Deenamite

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2007
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hopefully this can be the thread to discuss updates and membership predictions. I'll kick it off with this article:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/Default.aspx?newsid=70531

Membership figures have received a boost too – with a 50 per cent increase on those tallied in November 2007.
"We're up past 12,000, so we're flying – last year, this time, we were 8000," Stynes said from the MCG.

I spoke to the club and we're past 13,000 now and it'd be great to pass 15,000 before Christmas. Remember to keep getting on your friends and family about renewing or buying new memberships. Every member counts.

Sent mine off about a week ago, feels good to be signed up before Christmas, promising figures all around.

Hoping to buy a couple more for friends and family as Xmas presents.

Incidentally, would be nice to have the membership tally as a running count in the title of the thread itself (as we did for the Debt Demolition last year). Marns?

I think we may be peaking early though, due to the Watts/Draft factor. Pretty sure we will break the 30,000 which would be an awesome achievement considering the state of everything. Pretty funny how well memberships are going and that we still don't have a sponsor.

I think we may be peaking early though, due to the Watts/Draft factor. Pretty sure we will break the 30,000 which would be an awesome achievement considering the state of everything. Pretty funny how well memberships are going and that we still don't have a sponsor.

Fair point but if we've managed to sign up more bandwagoners as a result of the draft publicity and an early membership drive then it has to be worth it.

Sounds like some very promising figures, in fact the figures remind me of North last year who smashed their old record, so I'm pretty sure its not just peaking early, my prediction is that you will beat 30,000 and end up around 32-34k. The important thing though with membership is not actually the numbers though its the type of memberships being bought. I don't have a clue about the figures, but if 5k of those 13k are MCC members ($40 membership) it doesn't really significantly benefit the Dees bottom line. What the Dees need to do is be able to sell premium memberships, ie reserved seating. The problem is though reserved seating is alot easier to sell if the team is expected to play finals (eg people buy tickets so they can access the GF and finals). Good luck to the Dees and I hope you guys (I'd be very suprised if you didn't) the 30k mark. While its an accomplishment the key for you guys is to make those numbers sustainable and push the premium (more expensive) memberships because thats where the real money is made.

Pretty funny how well memberships are going and that we still don't have a sponsor.

people say stuff like this but i honestly dont believe that things like this affect whether or not people will buy a membership

especially the more fickle supporters, are not going to think "im not going to buy a membership because they dont have a sponsor"
..it might even have an opposite effect

I remember reading somewhere that MCC members could purchase a $40 MFC membership or something, I stand corrected.

The $40 gets you counted on the MFC membership figures and some basic paraphernalia; you don't get access to GF tickets for instance, or access to the MFC members area for home games. The $160 is the actual proper MFC/MCC premium membership package with all the stuff that the normal MFC member is entitled to :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The $40 gets you counted on the MFC membership figures and some basic paraphernalia; you don't get access to GF tickets for instance, or access to the MFC members area for home games. The $160 is the actual proper MFC/MCC premium membership package with all the stuff that the normal MFC member is entitled to :thumbsu:

Thats where I got it from, saw on the main board that the dogs had 10k odd members at the moment, considering they would be aiming for around 30k members I would think it would be reasonable to benchmark yourselves against those figures.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back