The Monkey is finally off Our Back

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of achievment it means nothing.
I can see your point but my post was more football orientated. The NAB cup doesn't mean much.

This NAB Cup has been a much better preparation for our team rather than playing in the NAB challenge series where teams are too scared to risk their top players and Eade has acknowledged this.

I consider what we will gain preparation wise from this series to be very much football oriented as well as the other obvious membership and prize money benefits.

We will have to agree to disagree HBG. :)

Well it certainly seemed like the monkey was on our back with 2 minutes to go against Port Adelaide.

I actually had my head in my hands thinking that we are just doomed to never make a bloody grand final, only for a fairytale finish of Hall marking strongly in the forward line saving our bacon.

Nab Cup or not, if we had lost to Port Adelaide there would have preliminary final scarring... again.

So rather than just thinking 'it's only the nab cup', perhaps you could think of the negativity we escaped by winning a prelim final.

Well it certainly seemed like the monkey was on our back with 2 minutes to go against Port Adelaide.

I actually had my head in my hands thinking that we are just doomed to never make a bloody grand final, only for a fairytale finish of Hall marking strongly in the forward line saving our bacon.

Nab Cup or not, if we had lost to Port Adelaide there would have preliminary final scarring... again.

So rather than just thinking 'it's only the nab cup', perhaps you could think of the negativity we escaped by winning a prelim final.

this +1 :thumbsu:

Winning the NAB cup historically hasn't been on the media's radar of great achievements, and the general perception of the supporter base has been luke warm in the past. To a club that has had limited success, it provides the players with a sense of achievement, and more importantly belief in themselves.

Winning the NAB cup will be a huge boost to the players. Why? because besides all the hype in the media with the Western Bulldogs as of late, they've now got a taste of winning a major trophy. I dont see the NAB as getting the monkey off the back, but I do see it as an important part of the formula moving forward.

The only benefit of winning this Saturday nights practice match, is that the players will get a great deal of confidence of beating a near full strength St Kilda, seeing as we couldn't do that at 3 attempts last year.

No it's not off our back.

We play 4 teams out of 15. If we win a NAB cup very good however it's like ice cream nice at the time but it's not something we're gonna remember compared to the season proper.

We have all the right pieces to solve the puzzle now.

We need to make the GF this year, and win.

Then the monkey will be gone.

Oh well I guess we have to take it one primate at a time.

You mean the archbishop's up there too?
Holy cow, no wonder it's been so hard. We need divine intervention!

The only benefit of winning this Saturday nights practice match, is that the players will get a great deal of confidence of beating a near full strength St Kilda, seeing as we couldn't do that at 3 attempts last year.

What`s with the pessimism? There are benefits, but one has to open their eyes to see them.

The glass is half full - trust me Tortilla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand people are excited, but I didn't feel much after the game last week. Maybe too many of us are over accepting something like this as an accomplishment and are looking to bigger things - gotta be a good thing that we're expecting more out of the team.

7-8 years ago, this might have been as good as we could've hoped for.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

The Monkey is finally off Our Back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back