Current Trial The Murder of 9yo Charlise Mutten - Blue Mountains * Justin Stein Sentenced to Life in Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

'I used to buy weed from Justin back in high school. He used to grow his own (his parents let him grow commercial quantities in their own home, for some reason) and there was nothing like it, so I put up with him, but I can say that even then he was an absolute and utter piece of shit.

Who lets their kids set up a commercial crop in the house?

How that he's in jail for the rest of his life, IMO, his mother, father or another close family member should publicly reveal (without getting remunerated to do so) all the alleged (by his mother) problems he had when younger, that caused this.

It's in the public interest to know this.

His mother came out early to help frame Kallista as killing Charlise. iirc.

A lot of insinuations she was involved in the lies and coverup. The 36-page judgment does not once mention that she knowingly perverted the course of justice, and she hasn't been charged.

I never claimed she perverted the course of justice which is a far cry from enabling behaviours, nor would I expect she'd get a mention in that doc.

A lot of insinuations she was involved in the lies and coverup. The 36-page judgment does not once mention that she knowingly perverted the course of justice, and she hasn't been charged.
It was a trial by jury.

There is no judge judgment doc in trial by juries.

That doc was only the sentencing after judgement doc.

If it were a judge only trial, the judges judgement doc (before sentencing) might have more to say on the guilty parties mother’s evidence.

I never claimed she perverted the course of justice which is a far cry from enabling behaviours, nor would I expect she'd get a mention in that doc.
I may have misunderstood what you meant by "help frame Kallista". One of the few things the Judge said about Annemie is that Stain lied to her.

I may have misunderstood what you meant by "help frame Kallista". One of the few things the Judge said about Annemie is that Stain lied to her.

Annemie Stein almost immediately made comment that directed attention to Kallista as responsible and was also accused of manufacturing earwitness evidence.

I may have misunderstood what you meant by "help frame Kallista".

Remember the Spectrix post below from May 2024 that quotes

'The mother of alleged killer Justin Stein has denied claims she made up evidence, telling the court she heard a “cheeky” voice she believed to be of Charlise Mutten in the background of a phone call at a time prosecutors allege the schoolgirl was already dead.'

Annemie Stein is now telling the court pork pies in a feeble attempt to assist her son's pleading of innocence
Quoted from this news.com.au article

Stein's mother just couldn't help herself:

Ms Stein told the jury she then heard "a cheeky voice" in the background say: "It's only one night."

"Are you able to say whose voice that was?" Crown Prosecutor Ken McKay SC asked.

"To the best of my knowledge, it was cheeky, the way it was said was cheeky, so to me that was the little girl," Ms Stein replied.

and

She said she was "not a fan" of Ms Mutten, describing her as erratic, aggressive to the child and having mood swings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comment on Kallista Mutten's victim impact statement:

Kallista Mutten spoke with pride of her “smartand wise” daughter, who loved books and dogs, and whose loss has inspired the creation of an award at her school to recognise excellence in reading.57 Ms Mutten told the Court about her devastating grief for Charlise’s death, her guilt and self-hatred for trusting her beloved daughter with the offender and, as she said, putting her in harms way, and her inability to move past her despair at Charlise’s absence. She mourns her daughter deeply and feels that her life has been forever changed. Ms Mutten’s pain was visible to everyone in the courtroom. Hers is a loss that no words could console, but I express my sympathy and that of the Court to her.

Annemie Stein almost immediately made comment that directed attention to Kallista as responsible and was also accused of manufacturing earwitness evidence.

Maybe it was an audio recording of Charlise, maybe it was a an audio recording of somebody else, maybe Annemie was confusing a call at a different date or time. "Framing" Kallista" for one of the most heinous murders in memory would be a very serious crime and the evidence suggests she didn't intentionally do so - i.e. nothing has been made of it other than that handful of news reports.

So is Justin Stein's mother going to ever reveal whether she believes Justin Stein's claim that he was sexually abused by a friend of hers from the age of six?

Has she asked her son who this abuser was, or think she knows who this alleged abuser was?

If she believes her son on this, would she like to see this alleged abuser investigated and prosecuted?

Assuming that Justin Stein was lying on this matter, was his involving his mother in this lie, likely a way of him trying to coerce his mother into telling porkies to support him, and/or other forms of support for him (i.e. financial/legal)?
(On the basis that his mother enabled the abuse by her relationship (friend) with his alleged child sexual abuser.)

It was a trial by jury.

There is no judge judgment doc in trial by juries.

That doc was only the sentencing after judgement doc.

If it were a judge only trial, the judges judgement doc (before sentencing) might have more to say on the guilty parties mother’s evidence.
Not necessarily. Kallista was neither charged nor on trial. It would be inappropriate IMO for the judge to make any potentially prejudicial comments about Kallista, other than perhaps referring the case back to police and DPP to see whether charges should be laid against her.

Not necessarily. Kallista was neither charged nor on trial. It would be inappropriate IMO for the judge to make any potentially prejudicial comments about Kallista, other than perhaps referring the case back to police and DPP to see whether charges should be laid against her.
The legally guilty party is Justin Stein. His mother is not Kallista.

Maybe it was an audio recording of Charlise, maybe it was a an audio recording of somebody else, maybe Annemie was confusing a call at a different date or time. "Framing" Kallista" for one of the most heinous murders in memory would be a very serious crime and the evidence suggests she didn't intentionally do so - i.e. nothing has been made of it other than that handful of news reports.

The words used were "help frame" Kallista.

The mother Stein, pointed the finger at Kallista early then consistently appeared to follow through.

• Wildenstein estate where Charlise Mutten allegedly murdered has dark past
  • James and Annemie Stein bought 'bewitching' property in 1989 for family
  • Couple split in 'bitter' divorce and carve up of 5ha multimillion dollar property
  • James and son Justin Stein had long running 'feud' with neighbour John Haitzler
  • Justin Stein now accused of murdering Charlise Mutten, 9, at the property
  • Wildenstein was named in $7.6m embezzled by NAB bank clerk Heather Power
  • Power dined at Wildenstein while siphoning funds to buy James Stein's antiques

Wouldn't surprise me if Justin Stein's mother was "scared stiffless" of Justin making up shite about her, or revealing any family business or other related crimes or misdemeanors (if there were actually any), in retaliation for her not assisting frame Kallista, or not putting out info (true, false, or wild claims) to try and defend his actions and inactions in this case.

Wouldn't surprise me if Justin Stein's mother was "scared stiffless" of Justin making up shite about her, or revealing any family business or other related crimes or misdemeanors (if there were actually any), in retaliation for her not assisting frame Kallista, or not putting out info (true, false, or wild claims) to try and defend his actions and inactions in this case.

I think mother Stein did what she could to help, without getting in to big trouble herself and she nearly did.

Stein's mother just couldn't help herself:

Ms Stein told the jury she then heard "a cheeky voice" in the background say: "It's only one night."

"Are you able to say whose voice that was?" Crown Prosecutor Ken McKay SC asked.

"To the best of my knowledge, it was cheeky, the way it was said was cheeky, so to me that was the little girl," Ms Stein replied.

and

She said she was "not a fan" of Ms Mutten, describing her as erratic, aggressive to the child and having mood swings.
When did Mrs Stein meet Kallista? When would she have seen Charlise with Kallista?

I don't have a mental picture of Charlise as "cheeky", quite the opposite. Of course, we don't actually know what she was like, except from what her grandparents have said, which didn't include the word "cheeky".

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/the-little-boy-who-saved-murdered-charlise-muttens-mum/news-story/68c99469f876621ce3f6beeba1f4e750&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=GROUPA-Segment-1-NOSCORE

How a little boy saved murdered Charlise Mutten’s mum​

Amid harrowing grief and crippling drug addiction after her fiance mercilessly killed her nine-year-old daughter, Kallista Mutten gave birth to a baby boy. Not letting him down is her reason for living
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Well Well Well - First I've heard KM went ahead with the birth.

I have no words.
I did wonder

When did Mrs Stein meet Kallista? When would she have seen Charlise with Kallista?

I don't have a mental picture of Charlise as "cheeky", quite the opposite. Of course, we don't actually know what she was like, except from what her grandparents have said, which didn't include the word "cheeky".

I can't remember exactly but I think they met at mother Stein's house in Sydney?

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial The Murder of 9yo Charlise Mutten - Blue Mountains * Justin Stein Sentenced to Life in Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back