The mysterious behaviour of Alavi and Charter

Remove this Banner Ad

My current understanding is that Charter engineered himself into a position where his testimony would be valuable to Essendon backers.

Quiet as a mouse until it looked like there was no case to answer, then presented a very compelling case with no conceivable motivation, then offered evidence that would help clear the players once the INs landed.

Interesting behaviour, certainly not a payoff as some here have suggested.
I must have missed his testimony at the tribunal. But why would EFC players want him to testify when they wanted the truth to not come out.

I must have missed his testimony at the tribunal. But why would EFC players want him to testify when they wanted the truth to not come out.
Charter pointed out the holes in his own testimony and also provided additional documentation to the essendon legal team.. At a price.

My current understanding is that Charter engineered himself into a position where his testimony would be valuable to Essendon backers.

Quiet as a mouse until it looked like there was no case to answer, then presented a very compelling case with no conceivable motivation, then offered evidence that would help clear the players once the INs landed.

I think there is intent for a payoff of some description, but may not have been $.

I have a feeling ASADA/WADA have a trick up their sleeve, I reckon they are trying to pull away from the AFL and keeping their cards close. Probably wrong though

We will never know. But it smells. Albert could not wait for the truth to come out, seems some of his backers were not so keen.

Can the Court of Arbitration in Sport force people into the dock? If yes, game over for Charters.

We will never know. But it smells. Albert could not wait for the truth to come out, seems some of his backers were not so keen.

Can the Court of Arbitration in Sport force people into the dock? If yes, game over for Charters.
I may be wrong, but how can the court of law of Switzerland apply for Australian law?

Charter pointed out the holes in his own testimony and also provided additional documentation to the essendon legal team.. At a price.
Sure- just keep making his story less and less believable so the tribunal are left unable to be comfortably satisfied what happened. Well done. Keep no records. Foolproof strategy to make sure no one can get done.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once upon a time in a far away land there lived a beautiful princess.......

I don't blame Charter from taking the money, I would do the same in his position. Afterall he was the one who bought the gear and has no problem with doping.

I don't mind the fact that the players don't miss games

But to listen to the self righteous wankfest from the EFC and supporters is irritating to say the least.

We all know you doped and got away with it, at least be man enough to admit it. Even the bloke who stumped up the cash has come forward.

I wont be happy until those weasels Hird & Dank are gone from footy for good.

Let me see if I can follow the logic here.

Charter is dodgy and can't be believed or trusted. Alavi is just as bad. Mick Gatto's involvement only adds to the likelihood that lies and criminal acts were involved.
Hmmmm.
I guess that means Hird and Essendon are also dodgy and took PEDs. Follows...... obviously.

Hang on though.
Essendon had no relationship with Charter or Alavi. only via Dank. Dank obtained his stuff from them, but that was not something Essendon arranged or was part of. Dank clearly had other supply sources, probably equally or more dodgy. Why else did ASADA say they couldn't find any evidence of AOD?
It wasn't Essendon's concern where Dank got his stuff from.
When your mechanic fixes your car, do you ask him where he got the parts from?
Do you ask your doctor where he obtains his flu shots?
And before anyone responds about the meeting between Hird and Charter on the Gold Coast, it was arranged by Dank, at a time shortly after he came on board at Essendon and was trying to convince Hird to going along with his proposed program. So, yes, he was attempting to use Hird's past relationship with Charter to sell his program. But, as far as we know, that was about it. And you can be pretty certain that if there had been any other communication between Hird, or anyone else at Essendon, with Charter, ASADA would have thrown it in there with all the other intercepted emails and texts they tried to use to support their story in the interim report.

Now I don't think anyone, on either side of the debate, thinks that Dank is truthful or trustworthy. So throw him into the group with Charter, Alavi and Gatto if you like.
Essendon did have a relationship with Dank, and for that they were condemned by the AFL, as part of the "poor governance" charge. Geelong, Gold Coast and Melbourne also had a relationship with Dank, but somehow managed to avoid "poor governance" charges for doing so. Melbourne also used thymomodulin obtained by Dank, but so far, no problems....everyone is happy with that.

Now, back to the point.
We have Charter and Alavi with criminal, dishonest, criminal history and links.
Although Essendon never had any dealings with either of them (Dank only), ASADA did.
They welcomed Charter and Alavi with open arms and believed everything they told them. Then, just to help things along, they embellished what they told them. They even managed to persuade Alavi to remember a second shipment of TB4 that the tribunal believes didn't exist.

But somehow, Essendon are the dodgy ones.
ASADA are just lovable hardworking public servants trying to do the right thing.
How can Essendon get away with dealing with those evil lying Charter and Alavi?
ASADA? Oh, that's ok, they're the good guys.

I think that's what you're all trying to say, right?

Charter is dodgy and can't be believed or trusted. Alavi is just as bad. Mick Gatto's involvement only adds to the likelihood that lies and criminal acts were involved.
Hmmmm.
I guess that means Hird and Essendon are also dodgy and took PEDs. Follows...... obviously.

Hang on though.
Essendon had no relationship with Charter or Alavi. only via Dank. Dank obtained his stuff from them, but that was not something Essendon arranged or was part of. Dank clearly had other supply sources, probably equally or more dodgy. Why else did ASADA say they couldn't find any evidence of AOD?
It wasn't Essendon's concern where Dank got his stuff from.
When your mechanic fixes your car, do you ask him where he got the parts from?
Do you ask your doctor where he obtains his flu shots?
And before anyone responds about the meeting between Hird and Charter on the Gold Coast, it was arranged by Dank, at a time shortly after he came on board at Essendon and was trying to convince Hird to going along with his proposed program. So, yes, he was attempting to use Hird's past relationship with Charter to sell his program. But, as far as we know, that was about it. And you can be pretty certain that if there had been any other communication between Hird, or anyone else at Essendon, with Charter, ASADA would have thrown it in there with all the other intercepted emails and texts they tried to use to support their story in the interim report.

Now I don't think anyone, on either side of the debate, thinks that Dank is truthful or trustworthy. So throw him into the group with Charter, Alavi and Gatto if you like.
Essendon did have a relationship with Dank, and for that they were condemned by the AFL, as part of the "poor governance" charge. Geelong, Gold Coast and Melbourne also had a relationship with Dank, but somehow managed to avoid "poor governance" charges for doing so. Melbourne also used thymomodulin obtained by Dank, but so far, no problems....everyone is happy with that.

Now, back to the point.
We have Charter and Alavi with criminal, dishonest, criminal history and links.
Although Essendon never had any dealings with either of them (Dank only), ASADA did.
They welcomed Charter and Alavi with open arms and believed everything they told them. Then, just to help things along, they embellished what they told them. They even managed to persuade Alavi to remember a second shipment of TB4 that the tribunal believes didn't exist.

But somehow, Essendon are the dodgy ones.
ASADA are just lovable hardworking public servants trying to do the right thing.
How can Essendon get away with dealing with those evil lying Charter and Alavi?
ASADA? Oh, that's ok, they're the good guys.

I think that's what you're all trying to say, right?

ASADA gone rogue!

Hmmmm.

Hang on though.
Essendon had no relationship with Charter or Alavi. only via Dank.

Really.

Charter met with Hird to discuss importing drugs for "the program". Twice. At least.

Charter is Hird's "dietary adviser" from his playing days. Even though Charter is not and never has been a nutritionist. What he is and always has been is a drug dealer; and specifically at the time he was supposedly telling Hird to lay off the fatty foods and drink lots of fruit juice he was a paid supplier and consultant to PED cheats. Here's the good stuff, this is how you use it without getting caught.

Hird, and his mentor Evans, have an ongoing relationship with Charter over years. A real three way love fest.

An Essendon coterie member brought Gatto in to deal with Charter. A Coterie member who has a history of using Gatto's "intervention and mediation" to collect money. I'll give you a hint. Mick was not telling people "if you don't hand over the money it might harm your credit rating".

And with all this information at hand you think you can seriously base an argument on the wild arsed foundation that Charter has nothing to do with Essendon?

Give my regards to the fairies at the bottom of the garden.

Yep, when it suited him.
He's probably trying to flog another story to ASADA right now, for a higher price
I wouldn't be surprised if one of his minders hasn't already put in call to WADA. Bypass ASADA, AFL and EFC and see how much the international body really wants to close this out with something gained.

Really.

Charter met with Hird to discuss "the program.
As discussed in my post

Charter was Hird's "dietary adviser" from his playing days........

Hird, and his mentor Evans, have an ongoing relationship with Charter over years. A real three way love fest.
???Really.

AN Essendon coterie member brought Gatto in to deal with Charter. A Coterie member who has a history of using Gatto's "intervention and mediation" to collect money. I'll give you a hint. Mick was not telling people "if you don't give him the money it might harm your credit rating".

And with all this information at hand you think you can seriously base an argument on the wild arsed foundation that Charter has nothing to do with Essendon?

Essendon only dealt with Charter when ASADA tried to base a prosecution on his evidence.
Of course Charter can't be trusted. He was offering himself as a witness for sale to anyone who wanted to make him an offer (which ASADA did). ASADA were fools to be base a case on what BS he gave them. Then again, they didn't have a case without him and Alavi giving them the crap that they did. At that stage they desperately needed something, anything, to base a prosecution on. They had failed to find anything to support what they told the club they were looking for after the "darkest day" presser, and were desperate for something to meet the AFL's and the Minister's needs.

As I said in my post, if Charter had any interaction with Essendon, ASADA would have been falling all over themselves to include it in the interim report.

• Charter met with Hird to discuss "the program.
    As discussed in my post

Did you discuss the bit where Hird lied? Ran into Charter by chance? And yet they had TWO meetings with the specific purpose of discussing drugs for the program. You didn't discuss it, you pretended it didn't really happen.

Charter was Hird's "dietary adviser" from his playing days........

???Really.

Really. See Evan's glowing endorsement of Charter as a consultant.

AN Essendon coterie member brought Gatto in to deal with Charter. A Coterie member who has a history of using Gatto's "intervention and mediation" to collect money. I'll give you a hint. Mick was not telling people "if you don't give him the money it might harm your credit rating".

Essendon only dealt with Charter when ASADA tried to base a prosecution on his evidence.

How dare ASADA base parts of their case on the evidence of the dealer who imported the drugs, after gettin his records from customs? Using a dirtbag involved in the dirty deeds to build a case. Who the **** has ever heard of that kind of thing? Surely they could have found a saintly old nun somewhere to spill the beans.

I'm astounded that you find this more significant than an Essendon coterie member bringing in a leg breaker to "negotiate" with the scumbag Essendon put in the supply chain, and then suddenly he doesn't want to play any more.

Really.
An Essendon coterie member brought Gatto in to deal with Charter. A Coterie member who has a history of using Gatto's "intervention and mediation" to collect money.
What makes you believe he was the one who brought Gatto in? I'll take your second sentence as a given, I assume it is well known.

Wasn't Gatto spruiking Charters story to all and sundry? That wouldn't have suited Essendon. Why wouldn't Salvo have just given Charter the cash direct without going through Gatto if he has known him for years? It doesn't make sense to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

The mysterious behaviour of Alavi and Charter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back