Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprising, what didn't you like? A 2nd season is a guarantee at this point with the numbers it's doing.
Well I didn't like how long it took to get going. I would've chucked it in but wifey convinced me to watch 1 more and that was the one where it got interesting in the last 5 minutes. Can't remember if it was 3 or 4. I am probably a bit biased as I've long been sick of superhero stuff. Point of difference is it's UK based I guess. It just seemed a bit meh to me. There were some weird things with the story too which I've largely forgotten now. One thing i do remember is being surprised that
when you realise you have superpowers the first thing you do is try to steal drugs from a dealer to sell drugs. Why wouldn't you just steal money?

We were both a bit surprised at the ratings.

Well I didn't like how long it took to get going. I would've chucked it in but wifey convinced me to watch 1 more and that was the one where it got interesting in the last 5 minutes. Can't remember if it was 3 or 4. I am probably a bit biased as I've long been sick of superhero stuff. Point of difference is it's UK based I guess. It just seemed a bit meh to me. There were some weird things with the story too which I've largely forgotten now. One thing i do remember is being surprised that
when you realise you have superpowers the first thing you do is try to steal drugs from a dealer to sell drugs. Why wouldn't you just steal money?

We were both a bit surprised at the ratings.
If you have a listen/read to what the creator wanted for the show, it was meant to focus on South London culture (where he comes from) and what life is like for people there and not just be your standard superhero show; a drama/sci-fi, not sci-fi/drama.

There a heap of super popular shows I couldn’t get into either, not all of us have the same taste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The director's cuts of Rebel Moon Parts 1 & 2 have been released and both are 3.5 hours long. I didn't think the originals were that good, so I just can't see myself giving 7 hours of my life to these.

I will wait and see if reviews suggest it's worth it as I generally like Snyder's fillms (critically acclaimed or not).

What I don't like is how it takes him 2 tries sometimes to get it right. Snyder should just be able to release the film he wants at this point.

I will wait and see if reviews suggest it's worth it as I generally like Snyder's fillms (critically acclaimed or not).

What I don't like is how it takes him 2 tries sometimes to get it right. Snyder should just be able to release the film he wants at this point.
Well, we did it. We watched them both over several days and while this will never be my favorite sci-fi space opera of all time, I thought the extended editions made more sense and gave us more background info on the characters that helped me feel more invested in them. I did find myself getting caught up in it despite its flaws.

Well, we did it. We watched them both over several days and while this will never be my favorite sci-fi space opera of all time, I thought the extended editions made more sense and gave us more background info on the characters that helped me feel more invested in them. I did find myself getting caught up in it despite its flaws.
So would you recommend it or not? I have avoided it up until now purely because of the trashing it got in here.

So would you recommend it or not? I have avoided it up until now purely because of the trashing it got in here.

I was scrolling reddit and most people seem to be pretty positive on them. The ones that aren't are the ones that absolutely despised the first 2 and refuse to watch the DC's and are vocal about it.

I think I will give them a go this weekend.

I was scrolling reddit and most people seem to be pretty positive on them. The ones that aren't are the ones that absolutely despised the first 2 and refuse to watch the DC's and are vocal about it.

I think I will give them a go this weekend.
Equally, you may have landed on some Snyder fans among the positive reviews. The only seemingly non-partisan review I read was on the Guardian and it basically said the originals aren't very good, these give more information but don't change the fact the movies aren't very good. And they go for a looooong time. So, unless you really enjoyed the first two, it sounds like a waste of time. I feel like the four hours I spent were a waste, so six-and-a-half isn't tempting me.

Equally, you may have landed on some Snyder fans among the positive reviews. The only seemingly non-partisan review I read was on the Guardian and it basically said the originals aren't very good, these give more information but don't change the fact the movies aren't very good. And they go for a looooong time. So, unless you really enjoyed the first two, it sounds like a waste of time. I feel like the four hours I spent were a waste, so six-and-a-half isn't tempting me.
I've wasted zero hours so far so sign me up!

I guess..?

I suggest you watch, say, the first hour of the first movie, and if you're not digging it, then you can stop without losing much time. That was our attitude, and we didn't watch them from start to finish but watched a bit at a time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming The Netflix Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back