Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

It's might be interesting for you, but from a journalistic standpoint, it's pretty light on - more style over substance.

They didn't need 6 hours to tell what Vince creepily got across with his own words in the talking heads - that he's a pretty average human being.
Thanks for the answer.

Or maybe I should say don't tell me what to do buddy, I'll make my own mind up!

About half way through the Vince Documentary, as a wrestling fan through the attitude era I am so far very much enjoying it. Already knowing most of the stories they talk about, it’s cool with a bit more context, especially the early Hogan stuff, and even the secrewjob.

My only criticism so far is the interview with Vince, he isn’t really pressed when he’s asked the hard questions, just sorta either ignores it completely or rambles on why he’s right. An example is the poaching of wrestlers in the early days before WCW did the exactly the same thing. Jimmy Snuka just brushed over and even the female referee.. would have been nice if he was really pushed into what he really thinks, as it’s obvious he’s a complete narcissistic.

Just started the attitude episode, so nostalgic. Loving it

Edit.. the question, what’s the difference between the character of vice McMahon and vice in real life.. everyone but himself say he’s exactly the same person.. nuts

Last edited:

My only criticism so far is the interview with Vince, he isn’t really pressed when he’s asked the hard questions, just sorta either ignores it completely or rambles on why he’s right. An example is the poaching of wrestlers in the early days before WCW did the exactly the same thing. Jimmy Snuka just brushed over and even the female referee.. would have been nice if he was really pushed into what he really thinks, as it’s obvious he’s a complete narcissistic.
It was initially a doco with their blessing, before the abuse allegations came out and turned it into more of a confrontational doco, so the questions may have been soft to start. That said, it does a great job of letting Vince hang himself with his own words. The hypocrisy and delusion is absolutely self-evident.

I knew about Owen Hart’s death, but I didn’t realise they continued the show that night as his blood is still at the edge of the ring! Completely disgusting behaviour from McMahon.

Just started it. Very good. Text car scene in ep2 was laugh out loud good.
There's a few genuinely hilarious moments but still very heart felt.

I knew about Owen Hart’s death, but I didn’t realise they continued the show that night as his blood is still at the edge of the ring! Completely disgusting behaviour from McMahon.
Thing is, he wasn’t lying when he said if it was him, he’d want the show to continue. He’s a fecking carny at heart with no sense of what real people think and feel.

McMahon was never what you'd call an honest man, so he would only ever give a sanitized version of events that didn't make him look bad in that interview. It was one of the docos where you had to read between what McMahon said and what everyone else said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming The Netflix Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back