Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Binged watched Mr. McMahon and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although Vince is one ****ed up dude.
Gives us a real insight into what went on behind the scenes.

I binged through it in two nights, as an old school wrestling fan "this saturday night, Festival Hall"), I found it fascinating & cringeworthy in equal proportions.

Watched a couple of movies which were pretty decent, Selma is about the early activities of Martin Luther King. "On The Basis of Sex" is about Professor Rita Ginberg, good story but the hollywood treatment made it a little 'twee' at times.

The whole concept of sign stealing was bizarre to me. Fancy a sport having a rule that you're not allowed to scout a team at other games to work out how to beat them. You can only watch videos. Deciphering another team's hand gestures (signs) seemed like a proper competitive action to me. I saw this as just an example of how weird Americans are sometimes.

Some of those Untold docos are pretty decent but that sign-stealing one is utterly stupid and just shows how the yanks like blow a story up to epic proportions when there is little or no substance in the first place.

TV series on Netflix that all range from good-great as a start;

Mindhunter
Stranger Things
Arcane
Supacell
Ozark
Beef
Blue Eyed Samurai
Top Boy
The Sandman
Suits
Narcos
Squid Game

These are just the ones I've seen. There's SO much content. And this is just TV series.

One of the best series ever, could not stop watching it !!!

"Margin Call" was a frustrating movie that made me keep watching just in case it reached a better height.

The storyline centres around an investment firm and their impending implosion but you never fully understand how they come to that conclusion with the modelling they are basing it on. Added to the flimsy tale, the way they treat their staff (i.e. boot them out) is simply appalling and rather dumb.

Watched "Uncut Gems" a while back and even though I reckon Adam Sandler is a total dud actor, he is very good in this one.

"The Foreigner" turned up on our inhouse TV whilst travelling overseas, my wife loved it and made me watch it when it was repeated, and yes, it is a ripper even if it does feature Jackie Chan.

"I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore"is a terrific arthouse flick, well worth watching.

You can't go wrong with "Where the Crawdads Sing".

"Emily the Criminal" is a little implausible at times but is still a reasonable flick.

Whilst the racism displayed did greatly upset me (most of that stuff from those pre-war days always does), "Mudbound" is a terrific movie.

If you want a strong Aussie period piece, then give "The Nightingale" a go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming The Netflix Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back