Veteran 10k Posts
May 9, 2005
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Drummoyne Dirty Reds
Judd is gone. Cousins is gone.

The Golden Era that promised so much is over. But now a new era begins.

We still have a core of tough, experienced, talented players, and a crop of young guns to develop. We'll pick up some outstanding local talent in this draft, where we're better positioned than ever before.

2007 has knocked the absolute stuffing out of the Eagles, but this club will pull itself up off the mat and keep going. We're too tough not to.

Our premiership window obviously isn't what it was two months ago, but it's not totally closed. We'll drop back to about 9.00 on the premiership clock and rebuild for another crack.

John Worsfold is about to earn his money.

Testing times for West Coast, but this is the moment where everybody associated with the Eagles, supporters included, have to pull themselves together and show their mettle.

It's the way people deal with the tough times that defines them. Anyone can ride a wave of success. It's when the milk goes sour that people show what they're made of. That time is now.

This club will not curl up and die. Its supporters should not allow themselves to despair, no matter how grim the situation might appear.

• Banned
Gunnar. FWIW that is an excellent post.:thumbsu:

The new era will be short lived though if we don't learn from the mistakes we have made, for which we are now paying a heavy price.
I think the worst offenders have been moved on.

Hopefully Kerr pulls his head in and fulfils his potential.

Which other players have question marks next to them?

Guys like Cox, Stenglein, Embley and Glass are fantastic team men. Our majority of players who do the right thing have been forgotten in all this, because everyone has been so fixated on the few who stuff up in persistently spectacular ways.

• Banned
Would sacking Cuz last year have saved Judd?
Who knows?

I'm not prepared to torture myself with those questions.

We won a flag in 2006. I now regard it the way I regard the '92 and '94 flags. It's a cherished memory from a bygone era.

We have a side that is pretty handy, and we're now focused on winning a flag with that group. The guys who are not there are now irrelevant.

Not even in our worst nightmares could we have envisioned 2007 being worse. We've gone through the worst of it hopefully, and no we have to work on rebuilding off field as well as on.

I don't think we are a chance for the flag this year, but from what i've seen by our boys over the past few years, if anyone can triumph from this sort of position it would be them.

Chick gone, Cousins gone, it hurts but the club made the right move. There is only so much you can do for some people before you have to cut them loose.

The incredible amount of injuries we had last year meant that we got to blood some impressive looking youngsters, and with 4 draft picks in the top 25, the future is still looking strong.

CARN YOU EAGLES!

Judd is gone. Cousins is gone.

The Golden Era that promised so much is over. But now a new era begins.

We still have a core of tough, experienced, talented players, and a crop of young guns to develop. We'll pick up some outstanding local talent in this draft, where we're better positioned than ever before.

2007 has knocked the absolute stuffing out of the Eagles, but this club will pull itself up off the mat and keep going. We're too tough not to.

Our premiership window obviously isn't what it was two months ago, but it's not totally closed. We'll drop back to about 9.00 on the premiership clock and rebuild for another crack.

John Worsfold is about to earn his money.

Testing times for West Coast, but this is the moment where everybody associated with the Eagles, supporters included, have to pull themselves together and show their mettle.

It's the way people deal with the tough times that defines them. Anyone can ride a wave of success. It's when the milk goes sour that people show what they're made of. That time is now.

This club will not curl up and die. Its supporters should not allow themselves to despair, no matter how grim the situation might appear.

Good post, Gunnar.

Great post Gunnar things will be very interesting next year and I can't wait. We are no longer the boys on top everyone is trying to knock off. Its always good to have the rooks get out there and prove themselves.

It looks like we get to keep out draft picks too (fingers crossed)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Eagles second tier players such as Waters, Staker, Rosa, Butler, Graham and co now have to make their impact on the team. These guys have the chance of a lifetime to be remembered as the guys who could lift the team.

We all know Cuz and Judd were superstars. But it is time for Cox, Kerr, Embley, Stenglein and Glass to pull the team together as the leaders and make them stand up and prove that they aren't going to let 2 players determine the outcome of 22 players.

IMO I honestly believe the Eagles can still compete in a GF next year. I only hope they lose 2 games (except if we meet in the finals ;))

I'd prefer to have no Cuz and no Judd but have 2 players who are going to give their 100% next year.

Bring on Trent Cotchin

If our key players stayed fit we are still a top 4 team no doubt about it, im not to cinfident about winning a flag next year though.
I just hope whoever we get with the 3rd pick will turn into another Judd or Cousins (football wise at least).
So much pressure is on Kerrs shoulders now he will get the best tagger every week and we really need another 1 or 2 midfielders to raise their game to another level.

There are plenty of clubs in the league in worse shape than us list-wise.

The Eagles aren't going to unravel, and neither should their supporters.

This is a particularly grim phase in the club's history, but we'll bounce back. The worst is over and we're still here.

Funnily enough, I'm relieved and excited. Looking forward to 2008.

I'm certainly glad my heart will no longer skip a couple of beats each time I see Ben Cousins' name pop up in a headline worrying about what he has done this time.

It also gives the playing group a chance to forge their own new identity and establish a new culture.

I can only hope I'm correct in my thoughts that we have now moved on the last of the bad apples.

Funnily enough, I'm relieved and excited. Looking forward to 2008.

I want more blood, there are more players in our team who are doing the wrong thing. GET RID OF THEM NOW!!!! and lets re-build PROPERLY without these arrogant pricks who think that they are bigger than the club. I am certain the club knows who they are, geez I do!!

anyone else think that Daniel Kerr has pulled his finger out recently and may have turned a corner in regards to his maturity?

I have heard him speak a few times late this year and he comes across very level headed and alot more mature then previous times I've heard him.

anyone else think that Daniel Kerr has pulled his finger out recently and may have turned a corner in regards to his maturity?

I have heard him speak a few times late this year and he comes across very level headed and alot more mature then previous times I've heard him.

I hope so. It's time for Kerr to start leading the way...

Remove this Banner Ad

The New Era starts now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back