The Next Big Thing - Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

UnawareUnselfishDogwoodclubgall.gif

Stole from the Dogs board

Great shepherd from Wallis. As he showed taking down Murphy, Garner was the real threat in taking down Stringer and he is also the strongest tackler on the list. Having said that, shows up the issue with our mid mix at the moment.

On Stringer himself, has all the tools of a top player and it is the flexibility that will trouble most teams.

This bloke is a freak an will tear teams apart, he doesn't really have anyone that can go with him, just look at his speed, he makes those north players look slow, an none of them are, he's a gun and I hope one day we can see him at the swans ;) never say never

This bloke is a freak an will tear teams apart, he doesn't really have anyone that can go with him, just look at his speed, he makes those north players look slow, an none of them are, he's a gun and I hope one day we can see him at the swans ;) never say never
Yeah he'd make a good forwards coach when he retires.

Wouldn't surprise me, you've somehow managed to pluck every champion forward to Sydney.

Are you saying those aren't narrow shoulders? He's got muscles but those are narrow for sure. Pretty unusual looking actually. I didn't realise that Gaz Snr also had narrow shoulders until rw&b brought it up.

Funny that we're actually talking about narrow shoulders as a positive since it's normally the other way around.

Would say they are more slouched than narrow, put a coupe of footy's under those armpits and measure from point to point. Would not be narrow.
Has an endomorph body shape does Srn. He ain't narrow anywhere.

I play a bit like Ablett. Being as good is another thing.

By playing a bit like ablett I mean I can kick the ball.
**** bill give it up mate you haven't got a leg to stand on. The guy said he would be a gun, kick 50+ and his '' style '' is like Ablett. Not that he would be the next Gary Ablett.

You're wrong, he's right. Simple as that. Stop being a ****ing four year old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer absolutely destroyed us last time we played. The reason why I'd rather play the tigs week 1 in finals over the dogs is that I can't see a match up for stringer.
You have to play a good ground level player on him and concede any contested marks he takes. His set shots are erratic as are his hands. If he ever gets those right expect a 70-80 goal year.

I've been pondering who would be a good match up for him all afternoon, and the best I could come up with was Gary Rohan.

Even then, the match up only works as in height/athleticism, Stringer would torch him with footy smarts.

Glad he's getting the recognition in the public now. Being saying for a while id quite happily take him over Bont every day of the week (not that I dont like the bont though!). He's probably got the highest potential out of anyone ive ever seen on our list.

I've been pondering who would be a good match up for him all afternoon, and the best I could come up with was Gary Rohan.

Even then, the match up only works as in height/athleticism, Stringer would torch him with footy smarts.
Rampe would be the best matchup from swans not Rohan.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Next Big Thing - Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back