Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

This is... interesting. Strategically fascinating.

Yeah, hell knows what the endgame is though.

Either Russia has to divert forces from the south to deal with these new front-lines in the North, or Ukraine holds this territory and now has something to use in negotiations for a ceasefire and return of Ukranian land.

Nah, they've got massive reserves they can use, they don't actually deploy conscripts to Ukraine and there's a range of other internal security forces.

Not sure what the likelihood of long-term success is here, but either way an interesting gambit from Ukraine and embarrassing as hell for Putin.

To misquote another dictator who sat in that part of the world, how many divisions does embarrassment have? If anything, it'll give the hardcore military guys who think he's being too soft more ammo.

I've seen one suggestion that the plan is to try and seize Kursk NPP and use it for a kind of nuclear terrorism bargaining chip, but if Ukraine can't take the Zaph NPP I doubt they'll get to Kursk.

Putin has suffered heaps of "embarassing" attacks by enemies - think of Chechens taking schools and hospitals deep in Russia etc.

This 'special operation' he started in Ukraine has resulted in the first loss of Russian territory via conflict since WWII.

View attachment 2071820

Its also regained a hell of a lot of the Donbass and secured the land bridge to Crimea, meaning Crimea is Russian once and for all.

And they're doing it without US supplied weapons, supposedly.

Yeah, they're using Bradleys etc, the spin is that they aren't using US missiles lol. American mendacity is limitless in war.

The Ukranian push into Kursk is facing the same problems all attacks launched into Russia face - what next?

If you keep advancing your supply lines get stretched and snapped, if you sit and try and hold out, they just rain death on you until they bring up reserves for the counter attack.

Yep, this goes back to One Nation in the 90s and before that the response to Mabo and the Native Title Act.

Mabo -> One Nation -> Children Overboard -> 9/11 -> Andrew Bolt -> Stop the Boats...
So deporting Andrew Bolt to Antartica with no suitable clothing is a civic duty 🤔

Either Russia has to divert forces from the south to deal with these new front-lines in the North, or Ukraine holds this territory and now has something to use in negotiations for a ceasefire and return of Ukranian land.

Looks like it's the latter;

1723120320691.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conservatives are fukced in the head

View attachment 2072673
Surely that's satire...

WTf is "Unsupervised female health decisions" or "School lunches for unemployed minors"?

"Medical care for the elderly, sick or injured" - only the healthy should have medical care?

"Taxes on couches" ...

Its a pisstake isn't it.

Surely that's satire...

WTf is "Unsupervised female health decisions" or "School lunches for unemployed minors"?

"Medical care for the elderly, sick or injured" - only the healthy should have medical care?

"Taxes on couches" ...

Its a pisstake isn't it.

It was sent to me in a group chat this morning so I don't have any context beyond the image.

They’re ain’t no war but the class war baby, my man gets it.

Yeah he's not bad young Owen... he's a good journo, does his research, reads budget papers and shit like that. He's been critical of Stamer and Labour since before the election. Called them claiming the budget hole was "hidden" to avoid doing anything - he was on tv in the weeks and months before the election pointing it out every opportunity he had.

Man its great to see that public action happening too. Its like Cable Street all over again.

I've got relos in England who are migrants. Well third generation now but still ... it was a bit scary for them over there but seeing that is a relief for me. Thousands of people in the street chanting "there's more of us than you" ... that's a message if ever I heard one.

It was sent to me in a group chat this morning so I don't have any context beyond the image.
Do you know Poe's law?

It basically states that when things become too extreme its impossible to tell reality from satire without some signifier to indicate its satire.

I get it. It genuinely could be real ... but surely it isn't?

I hope not anyway.

Looks like it's the latter;

View attachment 2072551

They've lost the plot once and for all if this is actually their plan.

This notion that Russians will be "scared" and turn on Putin is simply delusional. All it is doing is reinforcing his narrative that Ukraine is a FOB for NATO to attack Russia.

The Ukrainians have a bizarre sense of superiority over the Russians - they though their failed summer offensive last year would work because Russian soldiers would get scared and run away lol - for a country that loses wars against them every generation or so.

Do they really think the Russians will just go oh well they've got a bit of Kurk, let's just sit down and handover what we've taken so far in return?

Nah, they'll roll up the Kursk incursion and then keep advancing west through the Dobass and possibly elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back