Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe there's a poster or two in this thread who are big Joe Rogan fans (and quiet Donald Trump fans) so I'm just checking in to see how y'all are doing this morning? :)

1723245812688.png

1723245791053.png

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia plans to bring Palestinians injured in the ongoing Zionist aggression in Gaza for medical treatment in the country, says Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

He said the government would allocate funds for this purpose and expressed gratitude to countries willing to cooperate in this humanitarian mission.

I am in contact with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, seeking his assistance to facilitate humanitarian aid for Palestinians and to allow us to bring back some of the injured and sick Palestinian women and children to be treated in Malaysia,” Anwar said.

He was addressing the ‘Himpunan Pembebasan Palestin’ rally at the Axiata Arena in Bukit Jalil here on Sunday (Aug 4).

Anwar also said that the government intends to provide medical treatment to injured Palestinians who have chosen to remain in their own country.

Anwar said that he had contacted international leaders, including the King of Bahrain, Sheikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, the president of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Salman, to secure ongoing support and humanitarian aid for the Palestinian people.

"Malaysia does not bow to Western opinions or any country dictating whom we should support. While we engage with all parties, including the Palestinian Authority and (President) Mahmoud Abbas, we firmly uphold Hamas’ role in the struggle for Palestinian and Gaza liberation,” he said.

They have to be able to hold it, and given they can't stop Russian advances through their fortress belt in Donbass - the most fortified part of the world outside the Korean DMZ - its hard to see how they'll hold what they've taken here.

It still don't get the goal behind it beyond trying to convince the West to give them more cash and weapons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In English?

Click on the tweet and there's an option to translate:

11 days after his appointment as advisor to the Iranian President, Masoud Pezeshkian..The Iranian reformist newspaper Arman Melli announced the resignation of Mohammad Javad Zarif from his position due to his dissatisfaction with Pezeshkian’s policy, which appears to be largely loyal to the Revolutionary Guards and the Supreme Leader, contrary to the expectations of the reformists.Good news for the axis of resistance in general, with the removal of a figure who opposes Iran's policy of supporting the resistance in the region, and it seems that the Iranian military response is very close with Javad Zarif's failure in the mission of canceling the response in exchange for economic gains.

Hezbollah last night

Full thread:

Seems likely the short answer is Israel is running very short on interceptors for Iron Dome and needs to save them for a possible big Iranian attack rather than use them up on Hezbollah rockets

It still don't get the goal behind it beyond trying to convince the West to give them more cash and weapons.

The sweet irony is that if Ukraine was a member of NATO, this type of move wouldn't have been allowed.

The sweet irony is that if Ukraine was a member of NATO, this type of move wouldn't have been allowed.

Tbh I see it as a bit of a Reject Shop version of the Oct 7 attacks.

Ukraine knows it is - was? - slipping down the list of Western priorities, being written off as having lost.

By this kind of attack into Russia they regain headlines, push themselves up the importance ladder, just as Hamas managed.

God Musk is such an insufferable twat. Humza is a great guy - I knew him well in Scotland - and doesn't have a racist bone in his body.

Unlike the apartheid boy.

Tbh I see it as a bit of a Reject Shop version of the Oct 7 attacks.

No.

Ukraine knows it is - was? - slipping down the list of Western priorities, being written off as having lost.

Disagree.

By this kind of attack into Russia they regain headlines, push themselves up the importance ladder, just as Hamas managed.

I don't think Ukraine made this move just for headlines. I think it's a legitimate strategic defense move that has the added bonus of embarrassing Putin and increasing the level of angst amongst Russian citizens towards the conflict.

No.

Disagree.

I don't think Ukraine made this move just for headlines. I think it's a legitimate strategic defense move that has the added bonus of embarrassing Putin and increasing the level of angst amongst Russian citizens towards the conflict.
If they can hold it and hold supply lines its a great move.

If they can hold it and hold supply lines its a great move.

Looking at this from a geo-political viewpoint, my best guess as to what will happen from here on out;
  1. Ukraine will hold Russian territory in the Kursk region. The fighting will intensify there. (Good for Ukraine/Bad for Russia)
  2. Russia will likely retaliate with strikes on Kyiv, which will not be popular among the EU nations who are supplying and supporting Ukraine. (Good for Ukraine/Bad for Russia)
  3. Russia will likely mount a Northern incursion from Belarus' territory, probably around Chernihiv (potentially bad for Ukraine/Good for Russia/bad for Belarus)
  4. If #3 happens, expect more EU sanctions on Belarus, who can't weather them nearly as well as Russia can. (Bad for Belarus)
The big unknowns are;
  • Whether or not the expansion of Northern fronts results in Russia diverting numbers and resources away from the Southern and Eastern fronts, which has already happened to an extend with the withdrawal of the Black Sea Fleet.
  • Does the loss of Russian territory foment a significant uptick in unpopularity for this war that Russia started, forcing Putin to reassess?
  • If Russia mounts an attack via Belarus, how does Poland (and NATO?) respond?
Either way, I don't see this as being net 'good' for Russia or net 'bad' for Ukraine any time soon, unless Ukraine gets wholly and totally annihilated and repelled around Kursk. Failing that happening, I think any rational observer has to say this is good for Ukraine and awful for Russia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back