Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough. Fair to say he will always be insanely wealthy.

He comes from money so yes, he'll never go poor, but I can easily see him losing it all now.

My point is just that he’s so rich that even if he lost 90% of his wealth he’d still be one of the richest people on the planet. Probably has a decent inheritance coming his way from his generational family money.

It’s like Bezos’ wife becoming the richest woman in the world after their divorce settlement, Bezos didn’t feel that at all.

It’s probably past the point about being wealthy for these people, it’s ego.

Defo

Yeah.

But he hates anyone who dares to challenge his infallible genius.

And honestly, shorting Tesla stock makes a whole heap of sense because it is massively over-inflated. Beyond anything we've ever seen.

Prior to 2020, Tesla had never returned a profit on invested capital. Since then, it's hovered around 20%. That's not bad but it's not great. It's certainly not the kind of performance you'd expect to see from what was (on paper) the most valuable company in the entire world in terms of market cap. (Nvidia has since taken #1 I believe).

This inflated value came when Tesla was on the cutting edge of the EV market and had a near-monopoly. But that is nowhere near the case anymore, with other car manufacturers all catching up (and arguably surpassing Tesla in terms of quality EV production).

So yeah, people like Buffett, Bezos, and Gates shorting Tesla stock is smart.

I don’t know anything about the stock market (thank **** my father in law is a wizard so I just follow his advice)… so there’s no point taking this conversation further as I’d be just faking it.

I don’t know anything about the stock market (thank **** my father in law is a wizard so I just follow his advice)… so there’s no point taking this conversation further as I’d be just faking it.
Gates is the one who has held a large short position for years. Both he and Bezos have had their pants pulled down by Musk for years. Pretty sure Buffet doesn't use derivatives let alone getting involved in shorting stocks.

Musk took over the running of Tesla in 2008 and listed the company in 2010 at $17 a share. The company is trading at $220 a share. That price rise doesn't factor in the various corporate actions over the years. Tesla have outperformed the market massively since listing which is why investors love Musk. It is one of the magnificent seven for a reason.

Gates is the one who has held a large short position for years. Both he and Bezos have had their pants pulled down by Musk for years. Pretty sure Buffet doesn't use derivatives let alone getting involved in shorting stocks.

Musk took over the running of Tesla in 2008 and listed the company in 2010 at $17 a share. The company is trading at $220 a share. That price rise doesn't factor in the various corporate actions over the years. Tesla have outperformed the market massively since listing which is why investors love Musk. It is one of the magnificent seven for a reason.

I find the idea of people not buying Tesla’s anymore because they don’t like Musks politics, yet I would bet my house they all own smart phones that are built with materials mined by slaves…. worse than that, worse then that, they make those statements using their phones.

Musk took over the running of Tesla in 2008 and listed the company in 2010 at $17 a share. The company is trading at $220 a share.

In early 2022, Tesla was trading at $350~ a share.
Then he announced he was buying Twitter, and began unravelling publicly.
It has since dropped as low as $113~ a share before averaging around $180 a share in 2024.

By way of comparison, in that same time period all of;
  • Apple
  • Amazon
  • Google (alphabet)
  • Facebook (meta)
  • Nvidia
  • Microsoft
Are UP.

Tesla is the only one of the 'magnificent seven' that's down.

So let's make sure we're being open and transparent with the facts here.

I find the idea of people not buying Tesla’s anymore because they don’t like Musks politics, yet I would bet my house they all own smart phones that are built with materials mined by slaves…. worse than that, worse then that, they make those statements using their phones.

Mobile phones are borderline a necessity for modern life without much consumer 'choice' in terms of the components you're referring to.

Consumers absolutely have significant choice when it comes to major purchases such as automobiles, where factors such as objectionable leadership and ethics matter more.

Mobile phones are borderline a necessity for modern life without much consumer 'choice' in terms of the components you're referring to.

Consumers absolutely have significant choice when it comes to major purchases such as automobiles, where factors such as objectionable leadership and ethics matter more.

Still extremely hypocritical. I wonder if they would still feel that way if they visited a cobalt mine.

It has since dropped as low as $113~ a share before averaging around $180 a share in 2024.

• Apple
  • Amazon
  • Google (alphabet)
  • Facebook (meta)
  • Nvidia
  • Microsoft
Are UP.

So people are ok with Bezos but not Musk? Lol. Bezos is a scumbag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So people are ok with Bezos but not Musk? Lol. Bezos is a scumbag.

That's your take from what I wrote?

Okay...

Show me where Bezos has;
  • Slandered the LGBTIQA+ community
  • Publicly attacked individual politicians
  • Publicly promoted conspiracy theories
  • Palled around with neo nazis
  • Maliciously killed public investment in infrastructure
  • Platformer and encouraged literal bigots
I'll wait.

Okay...

Show me where Bezos has;
I'll wait.

Wouldn’t know, he’s not public. I don’t think I’ve ever heard the campaigner talk.

He treated his workers like dirt though.

• Apple
  • Amazon
  • Google (alphabet)
  • Facebook (meta)
  • Nvidia
  • Microsoft
Are UP.

What did I post that wasn't factual? He 10x the business and the large investors signed off on his massive pay packet. He is an inspiring CEO and is hated by others for it. Put your dislike of his politics to the side.

Okay...

Show me where Bezos has;
I'll wait.
Are you talking about Musk or Zelensky?

Wouldn’t know, he’s not public. I don’t think I’ve ever heard the campaigner talk.

He treated his workers like dirt though.

He's plenty public.

He gives interviews frequently. He's just... boring. And un-controversial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back