Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Bezo's ****en company didn't warn its staff of an impending tornado and let them die as a result. How many Amazon workers died during early covid to keep middle class w***ers with stay at home jobs in shitty consumer products?

Musk might be scum but the campaigner that runs Amazon needs to be up against a wall next to him.

Musk wanted his factory staff to continue working throughout the pandemic, indiscriminately fired thousands of people when he took over Twitter, and has been credibly accused of sexual harrassment of subordinate employees.

Musk is a far, far shittier human than Jeff Bezos (and i'm not a fan of Bezos, to be clear).

Here's a European analysis of the major parties from a few years ago, based on German definitions of 'left' and 'right';

View attachment 2090098

Trying to suggest the Democrats/Kamala Harris are "right wing" is either malicious, or foolish. Pick one.

First off, I don’t have a problem with someone being right wing.

Second, I don’t have to “pick one” just because you demand it. You mean nothing to me and don’t get to control what I must choose.

Get over yourself

First off, I don’t have a problem with someone being right wing.

Oh, I'm well aware.
Second, I don’t have to “pick one” just because you demand it. You mean nothing to me and don’t get to control what I must choose.

Get over yourself

I don't have to 'get over myself'. You mean nothing to me and don't get to control what I must get over.

If you don't care about the working class.

You'll never find a billionaire who hasn't gotten there by ****ing over the working class.

Well there’s a strong argument that Trump is more left than Harris , though just not as far right.

Not if you look at her policy positions.

I honestly thought what you do about that about three weeks ago and cos I don't care about US politics didn't know any better or give a shit, but I actually looked into them and she and her VP are miles to the left of Trump (and to the left of Hilary and Biden) in terms of worker protections and limiting the power of capital. Still what I'd consider centre right but I was in all honesty, pleasantly surprised.

Hahahahahaha no there is not.

Trump isn't "anti war". He's said he fully supports Israel's actions in Gaza and wants Israel to "finish the job". Trump is only anti the war in Ukraine and anti NATO, because he is Putin's puppet.

Trump is a conspiracy theorist and crackpot. That doesn't make him "left" in any sense of the word.

Get outta here with that total nonsense.
When i talk about the US provoking Russia I'm talking about the Trump Admin as well as the Biden one.

The Rand and Stratfor analysis of the risks and benefits of various ways to stress Russia that were published in 2019 (before covid) specifically mention maintaining the US levels of lethal aid to Ukraine posing the risk of provoking Russia, they also said increasing those levels increased that risk. They were referring to the aid Trumps admin supplied.

They used that aid in the conflict with "Russian aligned seperatists" or as you'd most likely refer to it ... basically Russia.

Didn't he only interfere with Ukrainian lethal aid because he was trying to get some sort of domestic political advantage against Biden via his frackwit son?

Not if you look at her policy positions.

I honestly thought what you do about that about three weeks ago and cos I don't care about US politics didn't know any better or give a shit, but I actually looked into them and she and her VP are miles to the left of Trump (and to the left of Hilary and Biden) in terms of worker protections and limiting the power of capital. Still what I'd consider centre right but I was in all honesty, pleasantly surprised.

I just can’t get past her trying to get an innocent man executed by withholding evidence. That is pure evil.

I mean that's an entirely different issue, to be clear. ;)

I'm merely pushing back on the notion that Musk isn't directly tied to a big downturn in Tesla's stock price.

(Also, how is Tesla making something 'beneficial to humanity' but mobile phones are supposedly evil? You know the batteries in EVs are using the same horribly sourced materials that are in phones, right?)
The words "that might be considered" change the context of that comment completely.

I'm pretty sure I've stated repeatedly that I think EVs are a scam and not any sort of environmental solution to anything. they're a PR choice tho. If I haven't take it on notice.

There are no solutions to the environmental crises we face that don't involve humans using alot less energy. Its an uncomfortable truth no one wants to face.

I just can’t get past her trying to get an innocent man executed by withholding evidence. That is pure evil.
That's how the US justice system works. Its institutionally evil. You can't be part of the system without behaving that way. I'm pretty sure DAs have to do that sort of thing and its considered malpractise if they don't.

Musk wanted his factory staff to continue working throughout the pandemic, indiscriminately fired thousands of people when he took over Twitter, and has been credibly accused of sexual harrassment of subordinate employees.

Musk is a far, far shittier human than Jeff Bezos (and i'm not a fan of Bezos, to be clear).
That's my point. They're as bad as each other.

There are no good guys here.

So why defend one?

They're both ****ed. Just cos one rainbow washes his shitful behaviour doesn't make him any better.

I'm not.

As I said, i'm no fan of Bezos.

I'm simply saying Musk is worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's how the US justice system works. Its institutionally evil. You can't be part of the system without behaving that way. I'm pretty sure DAs have to do that sort of thing and its considered malpractise if they don't.

Withholding evidence to free an innocent person is malpractice? Would have thought that their system is purely based on justice….that’s really ****ed up if what you state is true.

1724496990073.png

(Nevermind that the Central Park Five were innocent).

Bezo's ****en company didn't warn its staff of an impending tornado and let them die as a result. How many Amazon workers died during early covid to keep middle class w***ers with stay at home jobs in shitty consumer products?

Musk might be scum but the campaigner that runs Amazon needs to be up against a wall next to him.

Yeah but Musk posts memes on Twitter, that makes him worse than letting his staff die.

Oh you’ve got me wrong, I know Trump is also a shit human.

Once again the yanks are stuck with choosing between two shit candidates.

Spend more time complaining about Trump and less time complaining about the Democrats then. You're acting as if they're the same. They're clearly not.

Withholding evidence to free an innocent person is malpractice? Would have thought that their system is purely based on justice….that’s really ****ed up if what you state is true.
Mate the US system is ****ed.

I think the DPP in Australia and its states has a public good responsibility associated with it but I don't think that's the case in the US.

Its the DAs responsibility to win the case or get a guilty plea, not to serve justice. At least 4% of death penalty sentences are given to innocent people since 1973. At least ... according to some it could be as high as 20%. The US plea bargain system sends heaps of people to prison when they wouldn't under any system that properly applied "innocent til proven guilty" as well. Its a horrible setup.

But people raised the educated/brainwashed in the US are blind to that shit cos they believe in their system. especially if they go thru law school and work for the government. You don't get to be a DA by not truly believing its the best way to do things. I dunno if its wilful blindness or what. Christians kill people in the name of Jesus ffs so i can see how someone withholding evidence might believe they're doing the right thing in that case even tho to me they're obviously not.

Humans are ****ed up.

That's a bit like saying being eaten by a lion is worse than being eaten by a shark.

Being eaten by a lion is absolutely worse than being eaten by a shark.

A lion goes in for repeated quick bites and eats you while you're alive.

A shark does one quick but massive bite that will instantly kill you.

Did-that-go-the-way-you-thought-The-Other-Guys.gif

Spend more time complaining about Trump and less time complaining about the Democrats then. You're acting as if they're the same. They're clearly not.

If the Democrats didn’t make up the Russian collusion lie, which i fell for I would.

If the Democrats didn’t gaslight people into believing that Biden is of sound mind, (where is he btw? Where’s the weekly presser?) and still capable of being president, when he’s clearly not, and hasn’t been for a long time, I would not be as critical.

I don’t need to criticise Trump, anyone with any common sense knows how bad he is.

But, I’m not going to pretend that Harris and the DNC are good just because Trump is…well an obnoxious rich megalomaniac that wants to leave his mark on history.

Being eaten by a lion is absolutely worse than being eaten by a shark.

A lion goes in for repeated quick bites and eats you while you're alive.

A shark does one quick but massive bite that will instantly kill you.

View attachment 2090169

No, lions go for the neck, suffocating their prey, like almost all cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back