Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

That reception was massive. Have you watched it?

Bits of it.

My point is that it's hilarious how conservatives tried to tell progressives for a long time that RFK was seriously truly a lefty democrat, folks! You should totally vote for him!

Yeah, nah.

Well there’s a strong argument that Trump is more left than Harris , though just not as far right.

Hahahahahaha no there is not.

Trump isn't "anti war". He's said he fully supports Israel's actions in Gaza and wants Israel to "finish the job". Trump is only anti the war in Ukraine and anti NATO, because he is Putin's puppet.

Trump is a conspiracy theorist and crackpot. That doesn't make him "left" in any sense of the word.

Get outta here with that total nonsense.

Hahahahahaha no there is not.

Trump isn't "anti war". He's said he fully supports Israel's actions in Gaza and wants Israel to "finish the job". Trump is only anti the war in Ukraine and anti NATO, because he is Putin's puppet.

Trump is a conspiracy theorist and crackpot. That doesn't make him "left" in any sense of the word.

Get outta here with that total nonsense.

Oh my goodness, you actually still think that Trump is putin’s puppet? I didn’t realised those people still existed

Oh my goodness, you actually still think that Trump is putin’s puppet? I didn’t realised those people still existed

And I didn't realise people who quote Z grade conservative comedians to support their argument that Trump is further left of Kamala exist.

Yet here we are.

Bits of it.

My point is that it's hilarious how conservatives tried to tell progressives for a long time that RFK was seriously truly a lefty democrat, folks! You should totally vote for him!

Yeah, nah.
The 'democrats' wouldn't let him run. He is a traditional old school Democrat with values, not a new age ideologue who is paid for. What do you expect.

The 'democrats' wouldn't let him run. He is a traditional old school Democrat with values, not a new age ideologue who is paid for. What do you expect.

Hahahahahaha okay. Sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think Harris is a lefty? The former DA? Sure she says leftist things but she’s a right winger to the core.

In the American context, she's Centre-left.

(Trump is far-right).

Again, don’t quote me without using my whole post. You’re trying to control the conversation by doing that and it’s not just annoying, it’s weak and shifty.

You're saying context is important?

Don’t derail the conversation, Harris and the DNC are right wing.

Here's a European analysis of the major parties from a few years ago, based on German definitions of 'left' and 'right';

1724494645097.png

Trying to suggest the Democrats/Kamala Harris are "right wing" is either malicious, or foolish. Pick one.

I find the idea of people not buying Tesla’s anymore because they don’t like Musks politics, yet I would bet my house they all own smart phones that are built with materials mined by slaves…. worse than that, worse then that, they make those statements using their phones.
Yeah. The world is full of consumerist hypocrites. Its almost impossible to not be one. (Believe me. I tried for years.)

In early 2022, Tesla was trading at $350~ a share.
Then he announced he was buying Twitter, and began unravelling publicly.
It has since dropped as low as $113~ a share before averaging around $180 a share in 2024.

By way of comparison, in that same time period all of;
  • Apple
  • Amazon
  • Google (alphabet)
  • Facebook (meta)
  • Nvidia
  • Microsoft
Are UP.

Tesla is the only one of the 'magnificent seven' that's down.

So let's make sure we're being open and transparent with the facts here.
So Tesla, which actually markets something that might be considered beneficial to humanity is falling while all those other s**tstain companies, with an actual record of ****ing people and the planet, are up.

Yay capitalism. It'll save us.

That's your take from what I wrote?

Okay...

Show me where Bezos has;
  • Slandered the LGBTIQA+ community
  • Publicly attacked individual politicians
  • Publicly promoted conspiracy theories
  • Palled around with neo nazis
  • Maliciously killed public investment in infrastructure
  • Platformer and encouraged literal bigots
I'll wait.
Bezo's ****en company didn't warn its staff of an impending tornado and let them die as a result. How many Amazon workers died during early covid to keep middle class w***ers with stay at home jobs in shitty consumer products?

Musk might be scum but the campaigner that runs Amazon needs to be up against a wall next to him.

So Tesla, which actually markets something that might be considered beneficial to humanity is falling while all those other s**tstain companies, with an actual record of ****ing people and the planet, are up.

Yay capitalism. It'll save us.

I mean that's an entirely different issue, to be clear. ;)

I'm merely pushing back on the notion that Musk isn't directly tied to a big downturn in Tesla's stock price.

(Also, how is Tesla making something 'beneficial to humanity' but mobile phones are supposedly evil? You know the batteries in EVs are using the same horribly sourced materials that are in phones, right?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back