Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Because she’s a terrible person.

Explain why you think she's a terrible person. Especially compared to corrupt felon and sexual abuser Donald Trump.

I know what you mean, but Obama ran on the I'm Contemporary America ticket successfully in 08 and 12.

Clinton in 92 and 96 as well.

One of the real "sliding doors" moments is if the Dems play hardball in 2000 and don't let the Republicans steal the election.

Already have.

I know Trump is a terrible person, but his supporters don’t care.

All you've mentioned is her record as a District Attorney 22~ years ago.

You think that (and that alone?) makes her a 'terrible person'?

Just means they can’t pretend to be the moral candidate. She’s a terrible person. The Democrats have also lost any credibility after gaslighting people into believing that Biden wasn’t losing his mind.
Very few politicians are not terrible people. It comes with the desire to seek such positions. Would her opponent have done any differently in the same position? Be that Trump or any other Republican.
Unless she is campaigning to continue the incarceration of recreational weed smokers, or to weaken due process for those on death row, I don't really see the relevance.
The system is ****ed with a multitude of injustices. The ****wit politicians on either side of the divide will have little effect on these issues unless there are groundswells for change they cannot ignore.
Society improves in spite of politicians not via them. Whether it's marriage equality, indigenous rights, child abuse or domestic violence, politicians follow community attitudes they do not lead change. At best they provide another stage within the community for these debates to be enacted.

Because she’s a terrible person.

I've never met her so can't judge, but the persona she presents certainly isn't "terrible person".

She's going to generate horrible attacks from right wing white men (not saying you are btw) that will actually benefit her cause.

Fundamentally election is now The Old America v The New America.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very few politicians are not terrible people. It comes with the desire to seek such positions. Would her opponent have done any differently in the same position? Be that Trump or any other Republican.
Unless she is campaigning to continue the incarceration of recreational weed smokers, or to weaken due process for those on death row, I don't really see the relevance.
The system is ****ed with a multitude of injustices. The ****wit politicians on either side of the divide will have little effect on these issues unless there are groundswells for change they cannot ignore.
Society improves in spite of politicians not via them. Whether it's marriage equality, indigenous rights, child abuse or domestic violence, politicians follow community attitudes they do not lead change. At best they provide another stage within the community for these debates to be enacted.

It means she can’t pretend to be a good person. Trump is a bad person but nothing sticks.

This is the problem imo, they need to realise they can’t put Trump in the shit suit because it doesn’t matter. They already have the anti trump vote.

Won't happen, but I would love to see Buttigieg as the VP pick.

"Yeah, he's a white male. A gay white male. From the mid-west."

Old' CIA Pete not my cup of tea. But I know what you mean about the LOLZ it would ensue.

Who do you see as her running mate - presume we're agreed it'll be a straight white male "heartland" guy much like Biden was for Obama.

I've never met her so can't judge, but the persona she presents certainly isn't "terrible person".

She's going to generate horrible attacks from right wing white men (not saying you are btw) that will actually benefit her cause.

Fundamentally election is now The Old America v The New America.

Anyone that withholds evidence that would exonerate an innocent man and take him off death row is a terrible person.

It’s pretty simple.

Old' CIA Pete not my cup of tea. But I know what you mean about the LOLZ it would ensue.

Who do you see as her running mate - presume we're agreed it'll be a straight white male "heartland" guy much like Biden was for Obama.

Shapiro probably.

Whitmer as the dark-horse.

Anyone else would be a surprise.

I know what you mean, but Obama ran on the I'm Contemporary America ticket successfully in 08 and 12.

Clinton in 92 and 96 as well.

One of the real "sliding doors" moments is if the Dems play hardball in 2000 and don't let the Republicans steal the election.
The world would have been so different. 9/11 may not have happened, or if it did the response may have been more intelligent. We'd have had 20 years of worldwide effective action on climate change. No Dubya trying to implement his daddy's New World Order. A very different world.

Potential downside - hip hop, punk and metal might be illegal, but only in the US, and that probably just weeds out the shit and leaves the quality anyway.

Especially if she runs with Forrest Gump from Kentucky like old Mau Mau mate suggested in that tweet you posted.

Won't be Beshear IMHO.

Election's going to be so close that they need the VP to help them solidify a win in a battleground state. Kentucky is solidly red, so even with Beshear it wouldn't swing that state.

Shapiro helps them in PA.
Whitmer helps them in MI.

Outside (but unlikely) options like Warnock in GA or Klobuchar in MIN are also more likely than Beshear I reckon.

Why? East Palestine wasn't a one off incident and nothing has really changed on that front.

Because the infrastructure didn't degrade in the two years that Buttigieg had been in the job when that incident occurred.

Shit like that had been neglected for decades. And if we're 'blaming' any one specific politician/administration, then most of the blame should go to Trump who overturned freight rail safety regulations put in place by Obama, after Trump received big donations from Norfolk Southern.

You can read more about that here:

It means she can’t pretend to be a good person. Trump is a bad person but nothing sticks.

This is the problem imo, they need to realise they can’t put Trump in the shit suit because it doesn’t matter. They already have the anti trump vote.
Of course she can, politicians do it all the time. She will simply ignore any attacks on that front, and an insignificant number of Americans will care.
What will make or break her will be the turnout of anti-Trump voters she can generate. As mentioned above, those soccer moms couldn't give a shit about the specifics of her career as DA.

They all pretend to be good people. Dubya allowed the execution of nearly 150 people in the five years he was Texas Governor. Only one of those people had anything vaguely resembling proper representation at their sentencing. You could find other shit on him and anyone else who runs for or has ever run for US president.

The anti Trump vote will outweigh the pro Turmp vote I reckon. All she has to do is not **** up for the next three and a half months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back