Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

ASs per previous discussion Chadwiko

Yeah anyone who has been paying even a tiny amount of attention knows that Musk is toxic to normal people these days.

I'm not the one you need to be tagging here. Val Keating is haha.

Its worth remembering just how multicultural and ethnic Russia really is. And how biiiiiiiiiig.

Before Temujin waves of warrior tribes would roll off the steppes back and forth thru eastern Europe and the edge of Asia. This happened for millenia. Its a very multi ethnic part of the world. (Unlike some parts of Russia that do have their own white power bullshit.)

Elon could find a cure to all forms of cancer and Chad would still post his dissensions.
He won't tho.

He might invent something you need to take regularly for 1000 bucks a month or it makes all your cancers worse tho.

I don't know if Twitter was the world's most important social media platform but hard agree on the rest.
Cambridge Analytica used facebook to actually and functionally manipulate an election so maybe it was/is.

Altho Bandera LLC is a different company. From the US possibly based out of the Texas town of Bandera tho it apppears they're involved in shale oil a few hundred kms south of that town.

I think he didn't mean to buy it at all, actually.

Hahaha no it has not. Elon has sneakily used very specific metrics to try and make it look like engagement is up. But it's unequivocally down.

Here's some 2024 sources for you to "look it up";

As of February 2024, the social network’s daily app users in America had fallen by 23% since November 2022, just after Musk completed his takeover.
-

The U.S. user base has been flat or down every month since November 2022, the first full month of Musk’s owning the app, and in total it’s down 23% since then, Sensor Tower said. The numbers were nearly as bad worldwide, as daily active users on the mobile app fell to 174 million in February, down 15% from a year earlier, the firm said. The worldwide user base has been flat or down every month during Musk’s tenure began except one, when it grew slightly in October and then resumed falling, according to Sensor Tower. Other social media apps experienced modest increases in their worldwide user bases during the same period, according to the research, with Snapchat growing 8.8%, Instagram 5.3%, Facebook 1.5% and TikTok 0.5%.
-

Big understatement lol

Nowhere near as much as I used to be.

I wish I was so rich that I could buy something I didn’t want for $44 billion. Can’t even imagine what it would feel like that money means absolutely nothing. I know someone worth hundreds of millions of dollars and their wealth is absurd…imagine how insane it would be to have a net worth of $247 billion USD?

He could literally waste $246 billion, leave himself $1 billion and his linage would never have to worry about money ever again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish I was so rich that I could buy something I didn’t want for $44 billion. Can’t even imagine what it would feel like that money means absolutely nothing. I know someone worth hundreds of millions of dollars and their wealth is absurd…imagine how insane it would be to have a net worth of $247 billion USD?

He could literally waste $246 billion, leave himself $1 billion and his linage would never have to worry about money ever again.

He doesn't have $246 billion bro.

Cambridge Analytica used facebook to actually and functionally manipulate an election so maybe it was/is.

I'd say Facebook still is aye. Or even WhatsApp

The line about Russia rotating troops off the line every few days is telling. Contrary to the myth of underfed conscripts using shovels in meat assaults, the Russian troops are far better equipped, trained and rested than the Ukranians.

Its the benefit of fighting so close to home - you can do this.

Not liquid, it’s his net worth. Anyway, my point is that he’s so rich that it doesn’t matter.
Once you reach a certain level of wealth it doesn't matter anyway. You can have the money or not but you'll get capital for investments etc etc without question. It takes a series of significant **** ups to lose that privilege.

Look obviously Elon is ridiculously rich, and I'm not suggesting otherwise. Believe me.

However...

The vast majority of his net worth is tied up in Tesla stock. Which he cannot sell/liquidate at that price, because the entire stock value is massively inflated and a huge reason why is because of the cult of personality surrounding Elon.

If people thought Elon was rugpulling Tesla, the stock value would plummet.

So yeah, on paper Elon is the wealthiest human in the world. But it's somewhat of a fugazi because he cannot access that wealth and he isn't that liquid. As we saw when he bought Twitter, and he had to take out billions of dollars of loans to actually make the purchase.

He literally cannot 'waste $246 billion' because he cannot access $246 billion.

Not liquid, it’s his net worth. Anyway, my point is that he’s so rich that it doesn’t matter.

He's rich NOW ... plenty of rich dudes who got too big for their own boots and lost it all.

He seems more Alan Bond than Baron Rothschild to me

Once you reach a certain level of wealth it doesn't matter anyway. You can have the money or not but you'll get capital for investments etc etc without question. It takes a series of significant **** ups to lose that privilege.

I strongly suspect he's over-leveraged rather than building the personal nest egg element that fireproofs him.

That's what bankers do aye.

Look obviously Elon is ridiculously rich, and I'm not suggesting otherwise. Believe me.

His cronies like Thiel and Sacks who stayed in VC are stupid rich, him less so.

However...

The vast majority of his net worth is tied up in Tesla stock. Which he cannot sell/liquidate at that price, because the entire stock value is massively inflated and a huge reason why is because of the cult of personality surrounding Elon.

For EXACTLY this reason.

So yeah, on paper Elon is the wealthiest human in the world. But it's somewhat of a fugazi because he cannot access that wealth and he isn't that liquid. As we saw when he bought Twitter, and he had to take out billions of dollars of loans to actually make the purchase.

Yep - highly leveraged.

Indeed, he doesn't have $246 billion

He's rich NOW ... plenty of rich dudes who got too big for their own boots and lost it all.

He seems more Alan Bond than Baron Rothschild to me

Fair enough. Fair to say he will always be insanely wealthy.

My point is just that he’s so rich that even if he lost 90% of his wealth he’d still be one of the richest people on the planet. Probably has a decent inheritance coming his way from his generational family money.

It’s like Bezos’ wife becoming the richest woman in the world after their divorce settlement, Bezos didn’t feel that at all.

It’s probably past the point about being wealthy for these people, it’s ego.

However...

That’s interesting because doesn’t he hate Bezos…(or was it Gates) for shorting Tesla stock?

That’s interesting because doesn’t he hate Bezos…(or was it Gates) for shorting Tesla stock?

Yeah.

But he hates anyone who dares to challenge his infallible genius.

And honestly, shorting Tesla stock makes a whole heap of sense because it is massively over-inflated. Beyond anything we've ever seen.

Prior to 2020, Tesla had never returned a profit on invested capital. Since then, it's hovered around 20%. That's not bad but it's not great. It's certainly not the kind of performance you'd expect to see from what was (on paper) the most valuable company in the entire world in terms of market cap. (Nvidia has since taken #1 I believe).

This inflated value came when Tesla was on the cutting edge of the EV market and had a near-monopoly. But that is nowhere near the case anymore, with other car manufacturers all catching up (and arguably surpassing Tesla in terms of quality EV production).

So yeah, people like Buffett, Bezos, and Gates shorting Tesla stock is smart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back