The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian NBA star Josh Giddey refuses to comment on viral social media videos​

Australian NBA star Josh Giddey is reportedly under investigation by the NBA over claims being made about him on social media.

November 25, 2023 - 8:39AM

Australian NBA star Josh Giddey is reportedly under investigation by the NBA over claims being made about him on social media.
According to US reporters, the NBA has confirmed to both ESPN and The Athletic news outlets in the US that the league is looking into allegations that surfaced on social media two days ago involving Giddey and potentially inappropriate behaviour.
The Oklahoma Thunder guard was asked about the serious allegations at training prior to Sunday’s home clash against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Asked if there was anything he could say about the situation, Giddey remained tight-lipped.
“I understand the question, obviously, but there is no further comment right now,” Giddey said.
Asked again, the 21-year-old said: “I get the question guys. I completely understand you guys wanna know about it. But just for right now, I don’t have anything to say.”
Thunder coach Mark Daigneault was also asked about the Giddey situation: “Personal matter and I have no comment on it – and that will be my answer on anything related.”
It’s unclear if Giddey will play against the 76ers on Sunday from 9am (AEDT).

Wild stuff.

Whatever happened to keeping your money in the bank, at 75k a week…
True story. From about 5-8 years ago. A mate, an ex cricketer was at the ATM with a current Australian cricketer getting some cash to head out. He lets his receipt fall to the ground and my mate scoops it up. Looks at the receipt and there’s over a Mil sitting in his savings account! My mates like WTF, you need to invest some of this dude. He had no concept of how to handle his cash.

Thunder coach backing Giddy, interesting quote here with regards to Giddy being given the OK to play this morning: “Just with the information that we have at this point, that’s the decision that we’ve made, it’s really not even a decision to be honest with you.”

(hate quoting newscorp but anyway): https://www.news.com.au/sport/baske...s/news-story/c421632909e5f1b6aad2cf440bae3786

According to contacts they’ve all been aware of this for awhile and, going only by anyone who’s asked to comment’s demeanour, none of them appear nor sound overly concerned.

Sounds a lot like there’s more to this.

Make a change Tony ffs. Match may have no real consequence, but you have a nation of girls all slumped in their seats.
We have the win where it counted, friendlies aren’t always the best measure (says to comfort)

We have the win where it counted, friendlies aren’t always the best measure (says to comfort)

Yeah I get that ... and perhaps I watch too much Roy Keane, but 5 nil is a disgrace. Giving some girls a gallop to see how they go, owtte, I have to agree with Andy Harper, and that's pretty much hanging them out to dry. At least give the defence half a midfield to protect them - playing out from the back to see how we go?? Do that with your experienced girls Tony. Goodness me. Not too sure it's given any of the "fringe" players any confidence at all. Showed that there is a massive gap between the "usual suspects" and those that set out today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on the best athlete in the world?

My nominations,
Best male
- Francis Ngannou
Best female
- Simone Biles
Best female
- Aitana bonmati

416167062_738678188294539_3361126193373600801_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back