Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe it's just me but he looked like an absolute sook. Most coaches end up getting the arse and his recent record is hard to justify an ongoing role. He has been paid out a million dollars plus - be clear - a MILLION DOLLARS to watch the footy next year, assuming the reports are accurate. I understand the whole mental health issue and nobody likes getting the Tijuana. But he is well paid to walk away. The newspaper front page is disgusting but so what. Take your million and walk away with a little dignity.

Maybe it's just me but he looked like an absolute sook. Most coaches end up getting the arse and his recent record is hard to justify an ongoing role. He has been paid out a million dollars plus - be clear - a MILLION DOLLARS to watch the footy next year, assuming the reports are accurate. I understand the whole mental health issue and nobody likes getting the Tijuana. But he is well paid to walk away. The newspaper front page is disgusting but so what. Take your million and walk away with a little dignity.
l was under the impression that if he wants to coach next year at another club he can and still get his 1 million dollars as WC sacked him and have to honor the contract.

l was under the impression that if he wants to coach next year at another club he can and still get his 1 million dollars as WC sacked him and have to honor the contract.
Probably right so go with dignity ffs. Rise above the others who seem somewhat classless.

What specifically did you have an issue with?
The snipe on the way in. The general attitude in the presser. I know he was dealing with dickheads but be better. The little gibe that the kids can't have Disney plus or whatever coz the moneys drying up. Go spend your money simmo.

The snipe on the way in. The general attitude in the presser. I know he was dealing with dickheads but be better. The little gibe that the kids can't have Disney plus or whatever coz the moneys drying up. Go spend your money simmo.
Think that last one was a poor attempt at a joke (to lighten the mood) but yeah, to a point I agree with you

Some iggles bloke posted here about listening on his $650 headphones and heard "you have to stay". I'd be getting a refund of that $650 as I reckon he had a set of fakes.

As simmo walks past Bailey Williams, he bangs the chair and says, "You had your say". Williams sits there stone faced. Reid has a stunned look on his face and Daisy stares at williams then tracks simmo, who gathers himself and heads to the podium.

I listened on two sets of good headphones and it was pretty hard to make out the exact words, but I'd say it is 86% likely that it was you had your say,

I get what you mean, carry oneself with class and dignity when things don’t go your way, but he must have found it tough after putting up with so many classless people both within and outside the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably right so go with dignity ffs. Rise above the others who seem somewhat classless.

You’re going off only partial information here.

Simmo was white anted by players and then his exit stuff was handled appallingly bad by the club admin.

He’s a premiership coach.

Has every right in the world to be pretty pissed about what’s gone down.

Hope he rolls from there to another gig while the Eagle have a while to mire yet.

You’re going off only partial information here.

Simmo was white anted by players and then his exit stuff was handled appallingly bad by the club admin.

He’s a premiership coach.

Has every right in the world to be pretty pissed about what’s gone down.
Walked away with a million bucks - adequately compensated. Don't sook.

I get what you mean, carry oneself with class and dignity when things don’t go your way, but he must have found it tough after putting up with so many classless people both within and outside the club.
Not saying it isn't tough. But it was predictable and his contract was met unless media reports are incorrect. Thats all they owed him. Don't sook.

Not saying it isn't tough. But it was predictable and his contract was met unless media reports are incorrect. Thats all they owed him. Don't sook.
Fair enough, but I think old farts like us are now the exception in this, not the norm. It’s getting even tougher with the media running the narrative the way they do these days.

Walked away with a million bucks - adequately compensated. Don't sook.

lol.

He will be paid out his contractual agreements.

That payment doesn't absolve the eagle of how they handled it.

I mean he was clearly white anted and then their president attempted to manipulate him in front of an audience which was full of media that has been going full offensive to get him sacked.

He can act how he wants.

lol.

He will be paid out his contractual agreements.

That payment doesn't absolve the eagle of how they handled it.

I mean he was clearly white anted and then their president attempted to manipulate him in front of an audience which was full of media that has been going full offensive to get him sacked.

He can act how he wants.
Yep - white anted or whatever and paid his contract. He was employed until end of 2025 and has been paid accordingly. Nobody likes to be sacked but his contract was met.

Some iggles bloke posted here about listening on his $650 headphones and heard "you have to stay". I'd be getting a refund of that $650 as I reckon he had a set of fakes.

As simmo walks past Bailey Williams, he bangs the chair and says, "You had your say". Williams sits there stone faced. Reid has a stunned look on his face and Daisy stares at williams then tracks simmo, who gathers himself and heads to the podium.

I listened on two sets of good headphones and it was pretty hard to make out the exact words, but I'd say it is 86% likely that it was you had your say,
Sounds eerily similar to Arthur Cloke's posting style.

Either way, that club shat the bed, they can lay in it.

Im Not No Way GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back